Gucci "Guilty" Fragrance : Chris Evans & Evan Rachel Wood by Mert & Marcus

Are diferent totallity diferent concepts

The David Lynch commercial was so much better.

I agree 100%.
First of all, it was Gucci: the dresses the models wore, the models themselves, the lascivious atmosphere...
Heart of Glass by Blondie: that song is a legend in itself, what more can I say!
David Lynch as the director and at his best (unlike that crap he did for Dior)

Not sure if this hasn't been mentioned because it's so blatantly obvious, but I'm pretty sure the commercial is replicating Sin City. (The scene of the car driving on the street of a future-forward Gotham-like city, Evan Rachel Wood's gold hair like Goldie in the film, the silhouettes in front of the blinds, the guy in front of the bar like the scene of Bruce Willis looking for Nancy- and the fact that it's in black & white.)

I know Frank Miller mentioned having a script ready for Sin City 2 & 3, but I'm totally confused as to why he or anyone at Gucci would want the brand to be associated or identifiable with the movie. Not sure if it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but I'm pretty sure that I do not like it. And I do think that it's because, as Spike mentioned, it looks absolutely nothing like the print ad-it doesn't even put you in the mind of it. I also hate the music. The whole promotion seems random and not very well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100%.
First of all, it was Gucci: the dresses the models wore, the models themselves, the lascivious atmosphere...
Heart of Glass by Blondie: that song is a legend in itself, what more can I say!
David Lynch as the director and at his best (unlike that crap he did for Dior)

I also agree 100% :lol::wink:

Gucci by Gucci was the most "Gucci" commercial out of the three collaborations. Flora by Gucci was beautiful but it was overly whimsical and lacked that very Italian luxe aesthetic that was present in the Lynch commercial.

To be honest I have yet to love any of the recent fragrance commercials Gucci has done, although the Gucci by Gucci spot was probably the best of the bunch.

This particular campaign would have been much, much better without the overdone yet underwhelming commercial. The photographs are doing a far better job of capturing a mood than the commercial is. Gucci should have stuck with Lloyd & Co. for all of the brand's visual elements.

I also agree 100% :lol::wink:

Gucci by Gucci was the most "Gucci" commercial out of the three collaborations. Flora by Gucci was beautiful but it was overly whimsical and lacked that very Italian luxe aesthetic that was present in the Lynch commercial.

It is some of my fave commercials. It's so hipnotic.

The commercial was just on TV, and I thought it was a trailer for Sin City or something. It's so strange.
It doesn't compliment the Gucci image, or the print ads. I'm disappointed to say the least.

^When I first saw the commercial here, I thought it was specially made to run as some sort of tie-in with the upcoming Sin City sequel.

I have to say, I don't hate the ad - although it's not exactly my sort of Gucci either - but having smelled the perfume, I'd say the real sin lies inside the bottle. It's really synthetic and 'thin'. Where's the guilt? Where's the passion? Where are the shades of dark emotion? That said, my nose hasn't liked anything formulated under Giannini, her perfumes are too girlish for me, more like floral deodorant sprays made with slightly more expensive materials.

Never expected ERW to be a Gucci model but I have to admit that she looks really good.
The ad on itself isn't really fantastic, but the pretty girl, gold and luxurious mood is always effective for Gucci.
However the TV ad looks really fake and forgetable.
I expected something sexier, especially with those two. And more glamorous too, looking at the print ads.

^When I first saw the commercial here, I thought it was specially made to run as some sort of tie-in with the upcoming Sin City sequel.

I have to say, I don't hate the ad - although it's not exactly my sort of Gucci either - but having smelled the perfume, I'd say the real sin lies inside the bottle. It's really synthetic and 'thin'. Where's the guilt? Where's the passion? Where are the shades of dark emotion? That said, my nose hasn't liked anything formulated under Giannini, her perfumes are too girlish for me, more like floral deodorant sprays made with slightly more expensive materials.
You've been reading my mind apparently. That's the main flaw, the picture, commercial and fragrance itself are projecting three entirely different things.

And frankly after seeing some of the old Gucci fragrance commercials, these new ones seem so bland by comparison, which is ironic given how much bigger they are, how much money has been spent, and how much press they've each received.

Gucci 'Guilty' Fragrance
Evan Rachel Wood, Chris Evans
HQ's

zinio.com

I don't like it. I don't like how she directly looking at me. Does that make sense?

I think she looks better than she usually does but I don't like these shots all the same, they're boring and oversexualized.

I think that Chris looks great here.. (however, it's Evan that's promoting the fragrance, lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->