Givenchy "Dahlia Noir" Fragrance : Mariacarla Boscono by Mert & Marcus

this sells! i want to smell it so badly. great job on the campaign guys!

Further proof that Givenchy and MCB make the perfect combination. She looks stunning.

Not going to disagree with everyone here, this is amazing!

LOVE the ad, the bottle itself...not so much. but MCB has never looked better. I hope it smells good

What a haunting shot :woot: MariaCarla looks so powerful and alluring.
So Much better than their previous fragrance campaign.

Of course I just adore this.....what's not to love?
MariaCarla will always for me epitomise this brand....whether it be for the mainline, fragrance, whatever. Entrancing! :heart:

Her face looks a bit disconnected from her body. Other than that, it looks great. She's a goddess.

Can't believe this's the very first Givenchy perfume ad for MCB, it's beyond my words.

someone on fragrantica made a connection of this fragrance and ad campaign with a brutal murder

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Givenchy-Dahlia-Noir-2172.html

Black Dahlia (Dahlia Noir) was the title given to Elizabeth Short, the victim of a disastrous murder, in 1947. Her body was sliced away from the waist, drained of blood and the stomach was empty. There were several wounds on genitals and sexual organs and also a Glasgow Smile on her face.
Even the ad picture on the top of this page reminds me the original murder scene. Because of this I said that Dahlia Noir seems foreboding for a feminine perfume.

it's rather unfortunate...

OMG. I knew it, I knew that there is a deeper & darker meaning to that name. It's quite grotesque and I don't know... It certainly changed my view on this perfume campaign.

someone on fragrantica made a connection of this fragrance and ad campaign with a brutal murder

it's rather unfortunate...

I'm pretty sure everybody involved in the production of the perfume, the name and the ad campaign was aware of this famous murder - there are a couple of movies about it.

They either didn't care about it or deliberately played with it.

^My thoughts also. What a cold, heartless team behind this Perfume and Ad Campaign. Ugh, it tainted my opinion. Mariacarla is a victim, I hope she's unaware when they shoot this, otherwise, it'll break my heart. Unfortunate, indeed.

Yeah things like that shouldn't be explored. There are some things art should never try to represent, because they're unrepresentable.
But it could have been a coincidence? lol

They did call that victim Black Dahlia for being so beautiful, though. And beauty and anything macabre do go well with MCB and Tisci.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samira Jafo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->