Help Me Find...

Detail of jewellery Jessica Chastain´s character wears in The Huntsman. I know it´s probably custom made but can anyone think of a brand that makes a similar style? TIA :flower:

thecelebritycity.com

i did a google image search for armor ear cuff and a few similar options showed up...

maybe ask someone on etsy for something custom?

I've literally been searching for years for a similar lace cami/shirt or low cut lightweight sweater a la Gwyneth? TIA :flower:

I scanned this image from French Glamour c 2006 if that's any help...
232eb95ce9d1677bfa4cca4df7445c54.jpg

my scan

Any ideas where I can find these two dresses Miroslava is wearing? TIA
ddd95062b09c1114e833c6f1110230c5.jpg

pinterest/Outfit Ideas HQ

Miroslava+Duma+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dress+r_TCOjpGmbkl.jpg

stylebistro

I've literally been searching for years for a similar lace cami/shirt or low cut lightweight sweater a la Gwyneth? TIA :flower:

Hi! I think you can easily replicate the look with a la perla/ intimissimi/ oysho/tezenis lace top and a low cut sweater from zara/h&m, or if you're not on a budget you can even splurge into some Brunello Cucinelli cachemire that will last you forever! Also try to check on yoox for other alternatives, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm trying to find a shirt like the one in the attached image, but in black. I saw one in Cache a while ago (closed now). It looked great on my wife, but I didn't buy it at the time. After a ton of searching, I've only found a few similar options, but they all seem cheaply made. The one at Cache was made of a heavy material that held it's place across the chest and even snapped together in the crotch to keep it secured. If you have any suggestions of where I might be able to find something like that, I'd really appreciate it.

I really think you should check Rick Owens and his drkshdw line, it's on yoox and I remember he made something like that few seasons ago! There are also some good RO sellers on ebay, so you can try either ways. If you're looking for something less pricey try searching for backless draping tops on ebay, there are some gems to be found out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I refuse to give Kylie Jenner my money but I do like this lipstick shade from a new line she´s launching... it´s called Dirty Peach, anyone knows a similar shade from another brand?

1rr828.png

15qsr55.png

instagram/kyliecosmetics
/nicksaglimbeni
via thefashionspot.com

Check MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipsticks - Mademoiselle, Lady be Good and Back in Vogue shades are very similar. Maybe even Kinda Sexy shade (Matte finish lipstick) if you have medium/darker skintone. :wink:

I refuse to give Kylie Jenner my money but I do like this lipstick shade from a new line she´s launching... it´s called Dirty Peach, anyone knows a similar shade from another brand?

instagram/kyliecosmetics
/nicksaglimbeni
via thefashionspot.com

i would check colourpop for a dupe - considering it's the same manufacturer that make's kylie jenner's line.

info about vintage label Faust?

does anyone know about the vintage label Faust?
i have seen it on several c.80s pieces. what i have seen is generally tailored blazers/jackets with restrained but subtly punk-ish detailing. for example this blazer, which has a row of metal bullets sewn on a diagonal across the front.
the label says Faust/Paris New York/Made in France. the label itself is pretty cool looking too.
quality seems pretty good, but i can find absolutely no information about it. i have seen about 5 +/- pieces at vintage stores in nyc including this one that i bought.

faust1.jpg

faust3.jpg

pics by me

You can find out who owns the trademark online. Try USPTO's trademark database to find a US company. Also try searching WWD.

Question for UK residents (London if we're being specific) -

Anyone know where I can find a warm, ankle-length black coat? Ideally something with a reasonably nipped in waist rather than the straight duster shape - I'm the type of skinny that looks terrible in boxy clothing! It's to go over a floor-length evening dress for an awards show next week and the look is glamorous rather than super formal, but my usually smart mid-calf-length coat suddenly looks shabby when paired with it! But it's February. I'm not going out without a proper coat.

Looking to spend less than £200 ideally. Second hand is fine if anyone's seen anything fabulous! I've found nothing online or in the shops so far (I've looked on eBay, various high street websites, ASOS etc.)

^Would it be possible to score a vintage black overcoat at one of the better vintage stores in London? A large silk velvet shawl or a long cape could also work. There are many different kind of garments that can work over a floor length dress.

^ I was thinking cape too.

Isn't it annoying how your perfectly good clothes can be made to look shabby when you bring something new or different in :wacko:

That's a good thought. I have a couple of capes but nothing quite suitable - but Blackout II might be good hunting ground....

If I can't find something suitable I will probably go with a slightly rugged black leather jacket for some contrast.

I am looking for a cape blazer. i foolishly missed out on the 40$ version made by target's who what wear brand. also forgot to buy the H&M version when it was in stores.

has anyone seen a split sleeve blazer recently?

Is a cape blazer a blazer length cape? Or does it have structured shoulder like a blazer as well?

I have seen some around (not with structured shoulders), but not in any shop that sells to the US market (which is where Target is and therefore you, I am assuming).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->