How often do you buy designer clothes?

The closest thing to a "designer" item I own is a Hermés box (it didn't hold anything from the brand inside, but rather a gift card to the Gap). I simply can't afford to pay the prices designer items ask for.

The majority of my closet consists of thrift/vintage finds, some are designer and some are unknown. I only shop at H&M and the likes if I seriously can't find something anywhere else; this happens maybe twice a year. When I buy new it is usually from good brands and designers, some swedish and some foreign. My clothes budget per month is about 200$, but I prefer to save up and buy something more expensive every three months or so. I don't do impulse shopping at all. And I'd much rather splurge on a trip abroad than on a new dress.

I love this thread-it can be quite intimidating seeing all of the designer names here, and it's awesome to see your guys' shopping habits.
I'm a thrift shopper-cheap, cheap, cheap. This is only because nothing tends to keep my interest for too long. I buy basics at places like Wal-Mart, Target, and thrift stores. I tend to stick to basics styles anyway, and the highest end jeans I've ever bought are Levis.
When I can afford it though, I will drop money on bags and shoes: they last forever.

Here is the deal for me:
Its not that I strictly buy designer pieces, but I noticed that I've wasted a lot of money on clothes I bought just because it is cheap and saved a lot of money from expensive clothes because they lasted and I still love them. So as shopper (in hope of making the perfect wardrobe), I buy what I love rather than just pay for the cheap price-tag and wind of never wearing it again.

So that being said: when limit yourself to only buying what you love, you'll notice that you buy items less frequently. So while your waiting for the next item you love to pop up, your savings for shopping will grow so you can buy a designer item.

kinda confusing, but do yah get it? lol

rarely.:cry: i bought seven jeans at full price, and i'm too scared to even wear them....never again! but there's a vintage store near my house called Buffalo Exchange and you can sell your designer garb and the store pays for it (depending on the brand/quality/style). i got a lot of cute Marc by Marc Jacobs stuff there and their miss sixty jeans are affordable. and sometimes vendors come and sell designer samples after the season is done for a huge discount, but these events usually require tickets and aren't announced to the public.

well since I'm still in highschool I don't have the kind of money to buy designer clothing, but I go shopping with my mom a lot, who hates cheap/bad quality clothes. She likes Chanel, MaxMara, Ferregamo(for shoes), Rene Lezard, Escada, Boss, Versace, Ferre, BCBG...And while she's shopping for her stuff she'll get me something nice too:smile: well except not too expensive, though, just the usual tommy hilfiger, diesel, the more 'young' kind of stuff..

I'd say only 1 percent of all my clothes are designer. (The cheapest of the lot, at that. Like T-shirts, accessories, shirts, or a necktie.) So, in truth, I only buy designer clothes once in a blue moon.

Well.... i can't say never, I try to be a smart shopper. I go through collection, and if something catches my eye, and it's a one of a kind item i will purchase it, otherwise I shop at outlet's and pay a lower price.

^ im totally with you, kora. also, im quite extravagant when it comes to bags and shoes so i dont mind going all out on them but i really dont have it in me to spend thousands of pounds on designer apparel (dress, shorts, tshirts. omg. i can never spend 100 pounds on a cotton tee. ahem. the row..)

I've tried my hardest to spend a a good amount of money on vintage designer clothes, or from consignment shops. I think ti's best if you staple wardrobe is high-quality, but the rest is cheap. All my trendy stuff comes from the cheapie stores in town. The only staple i dont spend money on is t-shirts. At most I'll but American apparel. They jsut fall apart or are replaced to often.

Pretty much. But, I buy a number vintage pieces that are just some no-name or unknown [to me] brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->