Does Designer Make you Fashionable?

foofooloo said:
very well-put together though the chains are silver and the bag chains are gold. this boy still need improvement.
Those are pearls, not silver chain.

Whaaa.... :shock: :o :sick: :sick:

well.. atleast he doesn't wear high heels or moonboots... :lol:

In my opinion someone who wears high fashion designer labels sometimes like to rub it into peoples faces "hey look, I've got money and you don't"

Personally I think you don't have to wear designer labels to show that your in fashion.....I think it's about how a person puts their outfits together and how chic they look......lol Look at some of the designers themselves, like Carl Lagerfeld, Galliano....no sense of style.....well, it is their own style but to me it's a very tacky style....:sick: :P ^_^ :D :flower:

its not who made it, its how you wear it! Wear it with confidence and attitude and it wont matter that you bought it from a pound store!

For picture one in Post #80 - Sure what he's wearing is nice, but personally IMO, it should be someone else wearing it.

i think .. ehm... not nice. Really not nice. I dont think a guy should dress like this... or eh.. he CAN dress like this.. but only on the catwalk =)

I like Bryanboy. Ok, he is more materialistic than Paris and Nicole combined. Ok, he is crazy. Ok, he is self absorbed. But I find him to be insanely funny and self aware that he is materialistic, crazy and self absorbed.

He dresses like Amanda Lepore would if she wasn't a she.

At first I just thought it was harsh that we're all condemning him this way...
but OMG, after taking a look at his site he deserves it!!!!

Those last couple of Karl-Lagerfield-Chanel-ish outfits don't look too bad.
It's just such a shame since a female would look a 100x better in them...

Diorling said:
I like Bryanboy. Ok, he is more materialistic than Paris and Nicole combined. Ok, he is crazy. Ok, he is self absorbed. But I find him to be insanely funny and self aware that he is materialistic, crazy and self absorbed.

At least he's that...
I can't stand to see people who do think that "designer makes you fashionable."
But then again there are also the people who believe that "vintage makes you fashionable" :rolleyes:

Tom86 said:
i think .. ehm... not nice. Really not nice. I dont think a guy should dress like this... or eh.. he CAN dress like this.. but only on the catwalk =)
I understand that catwalks arent too good at the moment, but they are not that bad :ninja::rofl:

:flower:

He looks...carazy. He's also wearing a Double-C belt too...doesn't he look like has boobs?

He's like Paris Hilton, he thinks hes hot, although I find him to be phenominally asexual.

*missing photocredit* please see tFS guidelines

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone can walk in to any trendy store and come out fashionable, it the people that can shop at all and any store and come out looking like themselfs and not everyone else,thats style.

Not necessarily.

Not if you overdo it.
Like the all over label thing. Ew. Like monograms is it? Yea I think so. You just look like luggage.

Don't be hating on the Bryanboy. He's the gay Filipino version of Absolutely Fabulous, complete with expensive designer clothes worn badly. He has no redeeming features whatsoever. He's great! :woot:

tinuvielberen said:
Don't be hating on the Bryanboy. He's the gay Filipino version of Absolutely Fabulous, complete with expensive designer clothes worn badly. He has no redeeming features whatsoever. He's great! :woot:
He is, now that I realize it. But where's his Patsy? I dont know, AbFab was sooo self-aware, so making fun of itself, while he is self-aware I dont think he makes fun of himself. Maybe one redeeming feature, he does have a Birkin.

Bryanboy makes fun of himself on a regular basis. That's what keeps his blog from being insufferable, I think. He's willing to post incredibly silly pictures of himself, and doesn't hold back from describing his humiliating misadventures of the luxurious life, a la AbFab.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
a true fashionista or style guru watever you call it...would never wear designer head to toe...or if they did it would be regular pieces with not too much fuss or logo...Most people mix..I always mix Marc Jacobs Micheal Kors etc. with like zara H&m and things I've cut up over the years. Also as much as I hate abercrombie and hollister I can always find a cute tank to put under a nice outfit or something...Anything! The whole designer head to toe things reminds me of paris hilton in simple life 1 ewww..shes thought she was so fashion forward because she had on like 20 labels with logos all over everythgin...that's just tacky

I don't think so. I think designer labels can certainly add to fashion, but pieces alone can't make you fashionable. It's the way you put your outfit together, the attitude you wear it with and the confidence in yourself, whether it's cost $1,000 or $1.

gunpowder: u took the words right out of my mouth there. =)

fashion is about creativity, not blind obssession with labels.. unfortunately, there are still lots of people out there who equate brands with style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->