Ikea

I'd probably buy everything from IKEA if I could- cookie-cutterness be damned, I actually like their designs.

For those of you who've bought beds from IKEA - how's the quality? There are a few on the website that I like, but I can't visit a location to check them out as there are none in my province! sad :(

Some photos I took in Ikea today - I bought the picture ledges, I love the idea of putting my art books on them!

dsc07652y.jpg
dsc07654x.jpg

dsc07661a.jpg

my photos

I bought a floor lamp from Ikea for my living room and so far its pretty great, and the price was awesome :smile:

I am dying to go back and pick up a couple more accessories and maybe a wardrobe with glass doors :heart:

Does anyone have a wardrobe they recommend?

For those of you who've bought beds from IKEA - how's the quality? There are a few on the website that I like, but I can't visit a location to check them out as there are none in my province! sad :(

I have the Malm queen sized bed. Owned it for almost 2 years and it's alright.

It can break easily if you pull really hard on the headboard. Heh....

Hmm... and because it's pieces that you put together, it can come apart if you don't pound them into each other. You also have to buy a bed rack to put in the bed that holds up the mattress, and it's fallen down about 3 times.

So... you get what you paid for. lol ($100)

My IKEA bed is 10 years old and still in a very good condition. I think the beds with metal frames will last longer than the ones made from wood.

I was in our local IKEA last week and like a lot of the new images/paintings.
I especially want this one because it would fit perfectly to the one with Audrey Hepburn that I already have. :heart:
0104391_PE251374_S4.JPG

pic is from ikea.com

Does anyone have the Billy Bookcases? I'm looking in to buying two of the one below, and was just wondering if they are good quality?

25744_PE110574_S4.jpg

*ikea.com

welll your'e paying for the quality you get...it's so so cheap it takes almost no weight. i had all my mags on it (at the bottom) and the shelves were about to fall off so now i only put light things like DVDs etc

^Thanks for that, I will take that into account. Because I was looking at them, for magazines. :doh:

My Billy bookcase holds all my books, magazines and dvd's, no shelves are falling off. It takes a hell of a lot of weight IMO.

welll your'e paying for the quality you get...it's so so cheap it takes almost no weight. i had all my mags on it (at the bottom) and the shelves were about to fall off so now i only put light things like DVDs etc

It was the same for me. Had to throw the bookcase after everything fell down (I used it for my magazines).

i guess it depends on the case, but the fact that the back of it is just a sheet of cardboard isn't very good either. i was just generally always worried it'd tip forward!

I've had my bookshelf for quite a bit, and it holds up just fine. I use the bottom shelf for magazines and binders, the top ones are for my books and I've had no weight issues. It's not made of cardboard, actually, but pressed woodchips.

Bought two of those Billy bookcases yesterday, and I am actually surprised at how good their quality is!
I was expecting something flimsy and fragile (after reading so many negative comments online). They are fantastic and brilliant for the price!
In the UK they are £20 (for white - which I wanted). My magazines are extremely heavy and both bookcases seem very sturdy.

I have had my Billy bookcases (the 80x202 cm version) for over 10 years, they have moved around with me and they're still as good as new. I use all the shelves for books and magazines, but I've had no weight issues either. :smile:

Can anyone comment on the comfort of the mattresses at ikea? I'm going to college in august and i'm thinking about getting some stuff there for the apartment.

I bought the Sultan Hagavik and the Sultan Atna mattress base last week, I've slept in it for 2 nights so far and it's been really comfy.

i just went out there on the boat (in NYC you take a boat to Ikea in Brooklyn!) and got an amazing storage unit in glossy white lacquer for $299 (it's really big, like for a living room). I kind of love Ikea, except I almost broke my foot trying to take the boxes for this thing off the shelves in the warehouse part!

I have 2 billy bookcases as well! They're great side-by-side! I use one for books and magazines and the other for shoes and people always compliment on how pretty they are while still being such great utility pieces.

does anyone here know if ikea makes good bedsheets? i haven't gone and touched them yet so i'm wondering if they're good quality... i want all white and maybe some black/greys... ^_^

they make bedsheets of varying quality - at least in the UK. You can get higher quality and lower quality ones. We just got our duvet cover there because we wanted something cheap and cheerful and it does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->