Ikea

I got a white bedsheets from Ikea, I find the coulourd ones to fade very quickly when washing them. The white one I have stays nice and crisp, good price/quality.

a few new purchases. i've been wanting this alphabet print for a while...finally bought it..:heart: i wasn't sure if it was silly or not but i love it. :ninja: Also bought this ladder shelving which i've had before and love.

ikea

I love that print,looked at it a while back but didnt get it.
Going to redecorate in a couple of months and then i am going to buy it.

Does anyone has this bed? I'm going to Ikea in few hours, and I'm thinking about taking this one, but I'm not sure if it's good quality.
0094212pe231955s4.jpg

ikea.at

for books and magazines, i would recommend expedit (books and magazines - all sort) of things ; and grom for magazines ...

i have a approx. 130 cm height grom (4 shelves), and each can support 60 French Vogue (lying down, not up).
expedit is great, and i think its price went down 10 euros (from 99 to 89).

i have a tall Billy ... and as far as i'm concerned, since 1 or 2 yrs nothing happened. but it's true that one shelve is getting tired ...

I have an Ikea duvet cover (it's the half red/half white one they sold a few yrs back) and it's great. No colour fade, great quality, I'm impressed.
I'm considering a Malm chest of drawers, any opinions on them?

Does anyone has this bed? I'm going to Ikea in few hours, and I'm thinking about taking this one, but I'm not sure if it's good quality.
I wanted to get this one, but it was really creaky.:ninja: Instead I took the whole Aspelund serie, this is the bed:
0096810_PE241237_S3.JPG

ikea.com
I have beautiful room, but the quality is really really poor.:doh:

for books and magazines, i would recommend expedit (books and magazines - all sort) of things ; and grom for magazines ...

Did you also wall fasten your shelf or not?

I'm planning to buy the Expedit 4X4 shelf for magazines and books
0092718pe229441s4.jpg

ikea

I hope I don't have to fasten the wall to the shelf has I prefer not the nail anything to the wall. My past experiences with other shelves they always seem to break so I'm hoping this Ikea expedit can handle the weight of my magazines and books. Are there any other users who also have this bookcase?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a tall Billy ... and as far as i'm concerned, since 1 or 2 yrs nothing happened. but it's true that one shelve is getting tired ...

I've got two Medium Billy's and they've been excellent. They're used to hold magazines and heavy ones at that. I've had no problems and the reviews are misleading.
The Billy series has been modernized and re-designed recently, making them more durable. Best purchases I've made in a long time.

I'd highly recommend anyone to look into purchasing a Billy. Especially if your looking for something to hold magazines.

I'm planning to buy the Expedit 4X4 shelf for magazines and books

I hope I don't have to fasten the wall to the shelf has I prefer not the nail anything to the wall. My past experiences with other shelves they always seem to break so I'm hoping this Ikea expedit can handle the weight of my magazines and books. Are there any other users who also have this bookcase?

I have this bookcase, but I haven't fastened it to my wall. It stands pretty steady since it's quite deep and broad so if you have enough stuff in it it's pretty sturdy. I have the one in Wenge and it's still looking great after 4 years. One of my favorite Ikea things.

i bought small expedit last week also for magazines - i runned out of space for books and mags so i need new one - for now i am happy :wink:

I'm not sure if you bought this frame, but I have it in my apartment at my uni.
I love it. It's sturdy and really easy to put together.
I used the slatted bed base instead of a box and the bed rests at the perfect height.

I bought it, but haven't put it together yet. I'll see how my whole new (white) room from Ikea looks on wednesday, finally.

no i didn't ...
but it's still good !

i did it, though, for the Billy ...
coz I really have a lot of books (mainly and they are big) !
i must say the one shelve getting tired is the one which is the most packed ...
:rolleyes:

but seriously if your budget is tight, i would better recommend gorm. it's way better than billy ! probably coz the wood isn't the same .....
moreover it's natural wood colour (and one doesn't see the dust ...... :P), so then you can paint it the way you want

this is gorm
oh and while i was looking for an image of gorm, here is what i found ...
Ikea Hacker : http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/
it can give you ideas ...

Yeah at the moment I have something like the gorm in my room only the support structure/frame is black steel and the shelves are wood, so its practical and very strong for my books and magazines. However its not aesthetically pleasing for me, that's why I wanted something like the expedit, so I'm hoping it could hold a lot of stuff.

I just got the scented candles (apple and cinnamon)...SO delicious!

Got these too
fryken-opbevaring-med-lag-saet-med--rotting__26261_PE111495_S4.jpg

ikea.com

Oh I love Ikea, it takes me only about 10 minutes to get there and if me and my friends find nothing to do on a saturday afternoon(happens almost everyweekend in this smalla island) we go to Ikea , my bedroom is mostly furnished with ikea or antique I love how it mixes so well with old stuff,
worst thing with ikea in my country they took the pet department out , i used to buy dog bowls there and they make really nice dog beds and not to pricey i guess I'll have to order it from Denmark or Sweden .

My room is green with white furniture, all from ikea:
leirvik-bettgestell-weiss__0094212_PE231955_S4.JPG

aspelund-kleiderschrank--turig-weiss__0099343_PE241248_S4.JPG

2x
billy-bucherregal-weiss__43607_PE139450_S4.jpg

benno-cd--dvd-turm-weiss__27455_PE060834_S4.jpg

micke-eckarbeitsplatz-weiss-birkenachbildung__0104225_PE251176_S4.JPG

I really like it.

This thread brings me ideas. I need a new style for my small apartment. I would love to style my rooms in black and white, the bedroom red probably. The bed above looks pretty. Ikea offers interesting new styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->