Jennifer Lopez Hitches a Ride on Adoption Bandwagon?

The_Ida said:
I think you're right that it is very hard to adopt from Africa, India, Korea etc. It can take up to 10 years, it's crazy :shock:

BUT. What culture? The child is 6 months old, it has no culture. And it's not certain that the child will ever care about where it came from. I know a lot of adopted persons, and none of them care at all. They are Danish, and that is that. They now they look different, but they don't feel Korean or Indian.
That is such a generalization...i know lots of adopted people from korea and india, and china, and as they grow older, some dont give it another thought, but others are really curious about their cultural heritage, even if they were adopted as babies. so to say that a child has no culture is just wrong. I think jlo thinks that by adopting a puerto rican child, herself being a puerto rican, she can teach him/her the culture of which the baby came from.

I think adoption is a good thing. But I kind of worry for the adoptive parents. I think, what if the adopted child inherited mental illness from his/her biological parents? What if that child turns out to be a psycho or something later on in life? :D

I hope its true. I want to see Jlo become a mother and I think adoption is great.

Spiral1532 said:
I think adoption is a good thing. But I kind of worry for the adoptive parents. I think, what if the adopted child inherited mental illness from his/her biological parents? What if that child turns out to be a psycho or something later on in life? :D

I know, it's so hard to predict what issues could arise with an adopted child, especially when you don't know the parents/parent's health background.

If you don't know the family history, there's no way of knowing whether the child will have major health issues or develop mental issues that run in the family. Knowing my family health history (it's pretty good) I'd have a better chance of getting a healthy child if I gave birth to it myself than adopting.

So, I can see why some people don't want to adopt because it's a big chance you're taking (as opposed to knowing your own family history and being prepared for what could happen). Then again, I think that out of everyone, wealthy people are a better bet for adoption because they can afford to pay for unexpected health issues that could arise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->