Jimmy Choo Handbags

It depends on what the boots look like. Do you have a picture? More than likely, it would be overkill.

It might be a little of an overkill.
The Ramona's not a small bag and the patent really makes it pop.

But since it's your birthday, get both items and just wear them separately :wink:

hey Meg, guess what, we may have something in common...

So I've been using the ramona most of this week, and was noticing when taking stuff out of the bag that there were little black specks at the base of the inside and was wondering, gee, what am I putting in there, what is doing that?? And I've discovered that there are tiny little shreds, these little slivers of patent that are coming off the belt/drawstring part (sorry, this is the best way to describe the part that goes around the bag, through the holes) at the point where the patent ends and the regular leather trim begins.

I'm not really concerned because it's black so you don't see any areas missing their little slivers of patent. I'll just monitor it I guess.

I don't have a pic, but they're on the jimmy choo website, I did try them on instore the other day and i have to admit I looked very 'matchy' which I usually shy away from!

I finally saw the smaller version of the Ramona, looks exactly the same just smaller. Just what I was looking for. Does anyone know how much it is?

cuteshorty said:
I finally saw the smaller version of the Ramona, looks exactly the same just smaller. Just what I was looking for. Does anyone know how much it is?

the bag is called the Riki. prices are 1,450 (patent), 1395 (coarse suede), and 1600 (soft calf)

annabel_lee said:
the bag is called the Riki. prices are 1,450 (patent), 1395 (coarse suede), and 1600 (soft calf)

Thanks bunches, the price isn't that bad. Thanks again. I saw it in person and almost walked into the door. Hehehe:heart:

Hello fellow TFSers! I am caving in.. and will buy the Ramona. However, I need a bit of help! Are they not making Navy anymore? I went to a couple of sites including jimmychoo.com only to see the khaki and black available. Where am I able to get the Navy? If this is not possible - is there a really big difference between the Black and Navy? It seems like the consensus is that the Navy is a bit better quality in leather?..TIA

^ Nevermind! I went back on the thread and found out Navy is no longer available. Instead of the Ramona I've decided to get the Riki in black. It suits me better as an everyday bag. Yay!

Bag update. So I finally got around to trying to my ramona problem solved. I called the manager last week and he said to bring it in so on Sat. I took it in. I don't know if it worked for or against me that the shop was busy but I came in and said I spoke to him on the phone, he looked at the handles and stuff and said 'okay we'll send it to our leather guy and see what he can do' and he said it would take 5-10 working days. I really hope they can fix it though I'm slightly worried what the leather guy will do. Anyway we'll see what happens.

Does anyone know how the patent leather reacts to the temperature changes for example in the winter when it's minus degrees outside, like -20 degree Celsius (-4 degree Fahrenheit) or colder?

I'm asking because I've heard that it could start to crack. :shock: Is this true?

Does any one have the Ricky? I am still wondering if I will carry it and is it worth my love! Thanks.

Sorry I never reported back that it was a success! Most of the edges have now been repolished in the navy (there were a couple of spots he missed but i didn't notice til later. oh well) and it's looking good. I have yet to wear it since getting it fixed though.

Personally, it would make sense that the patent would start to crack if you left it out in cold weather. I come from a very cold province and have seen patent crack before but only through extreme prolonged exposure. So i wouldn't carry it on a 5 hour hike through the woods but carrying it to/from your car and to work should be fine.

FYI. They had a white rikki and ramona out in Saks Atlanta for the cruise season. Beautiful, fresh white. Gorjusss!!!

Does anyone have the oversized clutch pictured below? I was considering purchasing it- looks like a practical bag you could carry day or night. I have so many large bags, I thought this might be a good investment. (Do you see all the justifications I am making?!?) Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on its usefulness or attractiveness! TIA!

pic saks.com

^I don't have it, but I love it! I was playing with it at bloomies the other day, I love the way it looks with the chain tucked into the bag and carried like a clutch. I really love it. I think big clutches can look so chic.

If it weren't for the other $$ things above it on my wishlist, I'd get it in a second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mundo! I totally agree with you about big chic clutches! Since you have seen it IRL, do you think it would work for day as well as night? I was also wondering how the gold "piping" looked in person.

it's quite casual, the leather, although soft in texture, has a sort of worn look, like an old leather jacket even though there is no distressing in it, it's not a dark black, more like a slightly faded black. and the gold is sort of a brushed gold, not blingy at all.

it wouldn't work to a fancy night event, it's not that elegant, but it would be great for a dinner out, bar, the theater, or a simpler party. And since you have the chain, you can throw it on your shoulder when you get sick of holding it or want to dance or whatever.

I'd love it for day too, I just think there is something so polished about a women wiht a casual outfit, great shoes, and carrying a non dinky clutch.

oh, and here's a pic I've had saved for a while...

wireimage

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->