Jonathan Saunders for Target

excusee,my so-called snobbery comes from bleeding experience of living in the south for half my life. okay? so don't even try that with me. and btw,i never said america as whole but middle america as a market. and you live in seattle,seanut,i would not call the mid-america :rolleyes:

re: why they understood schouler and temperley....because for one thing they are aeons more commercial than saunders is and secondly they're constantly in mainstream fashion 'zines in this country. its not snobbery its logic. and i spoke to no one who even knew what libertine or who fetherston was.

re: why they understood schouler and temperley....because for one thing they are aeons more commercial than saunders is and secondly they're constantly in mainstream fashion 'zines in this country. its not snobbery its logic. and i spoke to no one who even knew what libertine or who fetherston was.

I have to agree, when I mentioned this to my boss and the head designer at work, they didn't even know who this guy was. And they complemented me on the jacket I was wearing, not knowing who Hussein Chalayan was.

I didn't know he was planning to show for Fall 08 here in the NYC, so this id definitely a sponsorship/money thing. Oh well, hope it works out for him.

i want this! :heart:forbes.com
i think target.com will have the other preview images any day now.

Attachments

• saunders.jpg
    saunders.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 43
i must admit that i am losing interest in these target collections but that picture gives me a slight pang of curiosity to see what's coming :P

oh goodness, that image makes me excited... i'm really hopeful that this will be similar to J.S.'s topshop collection - bright, modern and unique - and that makes it look like it's gonna deliver. i know i'm in serious need of some new cute dresses! if this lets me down like the past four go collections... i'll be a very sad panda.

racked.com
it comes out october 5. its not as daring as his topshop collection.

Attachments

• saunders2.jpg
    saunders2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 72
click for bigger
nylonmag.com
i like the mondrian inspiration here.

Attachments

• saunders3.jpg
    saunders3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 18
  • saunders4.jpg
    saunders4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 16
  • saunders5.jpg
    saunders5.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 17
  • saunders6.jpg
    saunders6.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 18
wow, I really like this. I hope it lives up in person, the Richard Chai stuff was so disappointing.

I'm in Minneapolis and I don't care if my midwestern compatriots don't dig it - more for ME!!!

I love Saunders and I though some of his topshop dresses were really cool.
Now if they could just get Bernhard Willhelm :smile: I would be in HEAVEN

lol

but you know, on second thought, I'm kind of bummed too because it does kind of lose something when it goes mass, so I'm torn......

wow, I really like this. I hope it lives up in person, the Richard Chai stuff was so disappointing.
i know i was expecting great things from chai since i think he's such a talented designer but yes it was very dissapoiting. Now from the pictures of saunder's collection for target i love it! the colors and color blocking is really great used on the dresses. the dresses are fabulous and very pretty and interesing and the other peices are great too. I love that multi colored jacket(the one that looks like a rainbow:(heart::woot:
to i think this is the best GO target collection so far for me:heart:

racked los angeles has more images (interspersed among the ones we saw earlier)

the purple dress looks VERY similar to one of his topshop designs from earlier year.

from the press release

the collection which will debut October 5 and be in stores and online through November 1. Ranging from $14.99-$59.99, per the release, the collection nods to a number of artists: "It is chock full of amazing pieces such as Mondrian-like color block tunics and graphic tees reminiscent of Gustav Klimt’s mosaic masterpieces. Marble prints appear straight out of a Jackson Pollock drip painting while the ombre print pieces convey the romantic feel of colorfield artwork by Rothko."

Attachments

• jonathan1.jpg
    jonathan1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 55
  • jonathan2.jpg
    jonathan2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 35
  • jonathan3.jpg
    jonathan3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 34
it's fun...
and i think it's quite edgy for target...
i think this will appeal to the youth market...

thanks lucy...

i like the top row more than the colour blocked stuff personally..
but this stuff always looks completely different in person..

target NEEDS to invest in some better photos imo...just generally speaking
*detail shots, etc...
:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
i am really excited about ths collection, the blue ombre dress is amazing.

i just realized why the first group is so familiar...

:innocent:...

dries fall 08/09
00080m.jpg
00090m.jpg

style.com

^ I was just looking at the Dries pieces on Browns website and as soon as I saw those pictures it was the first thing that came to mind.

In the small pics it looks like the exact same print. I hope it's at least a little different up close.

It's really not bad, plus I'm a big Jonathan Saunders fan. I don't think I've liked a collection since Jovovich-Hawk, unless I'm forgetting someone. So this makes me glad...

Hoping the Dries-esque pieces look nice IRL...
The Rogan collaboration has been the best thus far, imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshbyMyles
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->