Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation

dontbeadrag

Reaction score
Well, I have never thought I am going to create a thread in these circumstances, and with such plannings, but I haven't found a fitting thread for this timely and sensitive matter. I haven't been active for the past month (I think?), and I suggest it is the time to reveal the reason.

Without dipping into politics and demagogy, and having to reveal more about myself to the TFS – I am a Ukrainian with a Russian partner, who has been living in Russia for 6 years due to my hometown undertaking, to say so, unsafe military action (Donbass region, Donetsk), therefore after the degree in the UK I had to change countries (an chose where my partner many years is, of course, who knew...).

Currently both of us work as a graphic design duo and I am a former fashion photographer (do you ever become a former photographer or you just take a pause?). I am available to display our work and my photography to anyone interested, surely.

However, as of today we are doing our best to relocate to the EU (currently France), and any letters or recommendation (lettre de recommandation, oui, dontbeadrag speaks some French here and there...) saying our work is competent would be a great bonus for visa applications.

So, if you are interested in seeing design work, photography, or are willing to whip up a letter or sign one that I can write myself - it is hugely appreciated, after all, don't be a drag, right?

These letters of recommendation or evaluation would also come handy after receiving temporary work permits that EU member states will issue to Ukrainians with temporary protected status.

Do you have your own hosted website with CV to display?
One other thing that might be worth soliciting is quotes to display on your website with CV linking back to other industry people's websites. I don't think it's too much of an ask.

There are other art/fashion industry experts that offer paid evaluations sometimes for insurance purposes or sometimes to evaluate portfolios. I'm not sure how this works. Does anyone know?

I agree totally, and also for Ukrainians that are settling in another country, and there are many like myself that are in other CIS countries trying to relocate as well, it would help them a lot.

I only have selected projects on Behance, our "agency" (duo) website, and a PDF CV. Not sure if I am allowed by the rules to link those here, so I may post it later.

Also as I know (so far) many types of visas prefer to have, but do not obligate, recommendation letter and letters of interest (freeform intention or expression on interest of working with a particular individual in the future) that also aids in getting approval.

I am not sure about the evaluation for insurance since I have not come across these yet.

Here's what I would do in your case besides installing a VPN and potentially relocating temporarily to your partners' family home.

Get on linked in. See what alumni career services are available from the UK University you graduated from. They should also be able to provide you with a fresh, newly dated recommendation. Contact your former professors at the UK school you graduated from. Say you are interested in a paid portfolio review/evaluation as an alumni and explain your present circumstances. If they are decent they will waive any costs. Mention you'd like to use a testimonial as a quote on your website, or application...

There are other individuals who may offer free ones like this guy.

Thank you very much for the advice. I am contacting people I have studied/worked with, but so far the response rate is low (understandable, it is my problem to solve, but does feel cold). I will check the link right now too and try to search for design reviews as I haven't done photography in years, switching to UI/UX, graphic design, typography, 3D design and similar disciplines.

A lot of people in Russia do use VPN to avoid the blocks, and we are currently in Saint Petersburg, where I have moved to 6 years ago after studies in London (who knew this would be a mistake, after all).

Finally, I do feel responsible too, so maybe it would be possible to get in contact with TFS administrators/owners to discuss the TFS support for Ukraine too? I am not sure if there are other active Ukrainians here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->