Malajube

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
They're a rock band from Montreal (yay to local talents!), they're hyped as the biggest band to ever emerge from Montreal. They really are fantastic, I've heard of them a while ago, and I also have them on myspace, they make EXCELLENT music. Very fun, retro : TRUE rock. Finally got their CD this morning!

They sing in French which is a plus for me.... !

Their website is :

www.malajube.com

There's a few songs they put on their website, the BEST one in my opinion is "Le Metronome"...

:heart:

A few pictures:

viewmorepics.myspace.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I just listened to the entire album.... Excellent stuff.... :heart: 12 stars out of 10!

Another awesome some : Le jus de citron.... :heart:

such original music, they're not comparable to ANY band!!!! so fresh!

They're hyped as being the BEST BAND from Montreal within the last 10 yrs!

Anyone has feedback to share on their songs? :mrgreen:

the biggest band out of montreal in the last few years is arcade fire

^ Not to be mean but I know a lot of people in Montreal who absolutely hate Arcade Fire... I am personally not a fan of them either, they're way too catchy and not that original..... To each their own I guess.

You can't really say Arcade Fire is part of the Montreal Underground culture.....

well, obviously they're not "underground" anymore, as everybody knows who they are....but they're still technically "indie" (as they are signed to an independant label).

it's sad that there is an AF backlash...its like lets dump on our homegrown talent once they make it big hmmmmmm

^ Well to each their own, well let's just say I support local artists that sing in French much more than English.... :wink:

I'm listening to "Le Metronome" right now. I like it alot! Still not used to listening to music in French...but at least I understand some of it.:D

Their new CD is coming out on Feb 7th...! It's called "Trompe l'oeil"......

:woot:

They're on the cover of this week's "Le voir" ....! :buzz:

edit: they'll be at La Tulipe on Feb 14th..!
i saw somewhere their tickets is 8.50$ but i cannot confirm for now....

Last edited by a moderator:
Malajube

Malajube.gif

rideau-inc.qc.ca

show_image.php

sopref.org
http://www.rideau-inc.qc.ca/PHOTO/ARTISTE/Malajube.gif

im seeing them on feb 21 (next tuesday) :buzz:

got their 2nd cd and it is FABULOUS......

Malajube are really good and they play a mean live show, saw them at le divan orange this summer. One of the most innovative but still commercially viable (quite a balancing act!) band to come out of montreal in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->