Marc Jacobs F/W 13.14 New York

What a beautiful show. Even though whole thing might seem basic, I really loved the simplicity finished with fur accents. Together with the most amazing soundtrack it was just fantastic.

:heart:

Yet again, another underdesigned piece of crap that'll get critically lauded for him being a brilliant genius. There is absolutely nothing special about this except for the fact that he's using Prada Fall 2009 as a design template, oops, I mean inspiration.

I sort of agree with this-- but I don't hate it-- certainly not as much as you seem too LOL

I think as a concept for a fashion story/editorial, this collection would work so very beautifully. As a collection, I feel it's just nice, maybe even good. We've seen all this before, and done more interestingly and with more verve: It just all looks like a compilation of very smart, simple and classic but embellished pieces pulled from other designers/ costumes/ stage wardrobes. I agree with GERGIN that there's obviously a Liza Minnelli-vibe to the styling and look of the girls (although they look more like a young Winona Ryder than Liza-- thankfully). It's all very dusty cabaret and decadent hungover showgirls and really quite charming if that's his intention. I don't see Bowie, Blade Runner or Dune inspirations at all-- and I'm a desperate Blade Runner fan. Marc is a decent enough designer if he keeps to a simple, classic American sportswear template but with an idiosyncratic twist, as he does here; it's only when he tries to be on the vanguard and complex that he always fails miserably.

It's too simple of a collection on first impression, but sequins on everything-- including pajama tops does has its charms and even a wittiness, I'll admit. It's definitely very wearable and size and shape-friendly. Quite clever, and even quite good as a collection.

I keep coming back to admire this collection, it's so rock n' roll without being the literal black leather/spike & studded/cliche crap we've been seeing done over and over. I absolutely love it, so sensual and sexy.

^ I like the mix of rock 'n roll with ladylike. That juxtaposition is intriguing. And the sun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glitterdarling
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->