Marc Jacobs S/S 2011 by Juergen Teller

I really dislike how washed out the colours are in this campaign. The collection was full of deep and beautiful (highly saturated) colours; why ruin it with Teller's flash photography? Complete misrepresentation of the collection, no?

Also, the idea of shooting the campaign at the show is terribly low-budget to me. It just screams "we have no ideas left". They could have at least changed something in the dynamic to make it more interesting.

I'm disappointed by this campaign. Last seasons campaign was so much more aesthetically appealing and well executed.

I must be really hindsighting that I find the background is the stage of the spring summer show.
so what does the stage do to the campaign story? or maybe just try to cut some budget:lol:

Caroline Brasch Nielsen = :sick:

like I want to see a 16 year olds developing breasts :( seriously Marc, what were you thinking

He was thinking of going with the models that came to his castings and fit his aesthetic while at the same time needed the least amount of retouching... I'm most positive that's what he was thinking.

Caroline Brasch Nielsen = :sick:

like I want to see a 16 year olds developing breasts :( seriously Marc, what were you thinking

why are you surprised? Marc has always liked his models young. It's not like she's completely topless, you can only barely see her nipples.

Also, the idea of shooting the campaign at the show is terribly low-budget to me. It just screams "we have no ideas left". They could have at least changed something in the dynamic to make it more interesting.

I forgot to mention it before, but I found it oddly hilarious that for this season in particular, with so many references to the 90s, he decided the campaign was to be shot backstage.

In the 1990s Helmut Lang had Juergen shoot his campaigns backstage as well, so I found it amusing that Marc would find some way to embrace both trends, 1970s-cum-1990s. Only Marc could pull it off.

The second picture looks like prostitution whores under the influence playing America's Next Top Model. The clothes look cheap and home sewn, and not even everyday wear home sewn, but school play home sewn.

The first picture gets a thumbs down because of the underage boobs,and the second one gets a thumbs down because it's just plain bad, but IMO there is nothing inherently wrong with a campaign being shot by a professional photographer backstage before or after a runway show, other than making sure that everything is camera ready, like freshening up the clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely hate it. Those colours are too "intense" for me, I don't even know what I'm supposed to look at.

backstage much? I love the energy on it though

Are there more shots to come?

There have been reports of other models (Lindsey Wixson, Chloe Memisevic, & possibly more) booking the campaign, so it is likely we will see new shots in upcoming magazine issues.

New shot.

Siri, Olga and? ?

stmarcjacobsss2011newsl.jpg

dnamodels.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"