Marc Jacobs S/S 2015 New York

marcBarna

Reaction score
10dxxc2.png

Screencap from live.marcjacobs.com

After a stunning previous season where it seemed like Marc Jacobs had finally dedicated his undivided attention to his brand, thus showing clothes that had real design, embroidery and a variety of fabrics, he goes back to this.

It's just like before: one look and the whole collection revolves around it. Not many choice fabrics, not much to choose from. I guess the cast explains where most of the money went.

the hair and makeup too....so many nods to previous seasons of marc jacobs, his love of military and his love of MOD

It's just like before: one look and the whole collection revolves around it. Not many choice fabrics, not much to choose from. I guess the cast explains where most of the money went.

Exactly. I don't mind it so much, but when he stretches the theme a lot, man, does he come up with some ugly stuff.
The collection started out good, but that last segment of dresses is just messy (and I'm guessing that was his intention).

I loved it, it was very Marc and very sweet. They were like an army of dolls which was really cool. The proportions were :heart:

Great set, interesting music, hair and makeup. The clothes on the other hand felt very secondary. Firstly, I just can't help but notice the blatant references in some pieces to Prada S/S 13. This collection just confirms that he is very much "inspired" by Mrs Prada. Secondly, when he plays with volumes, like with the oversized jackets here, it does seem as though they were made for someone so much bigger and the person didn't show up. It just looks so chunky, more like an after thought and not executed well enough. Lastly, the embroideries and embellishments are questionable at best. They worked well on some outfits and massacred some others. After his stellar outing last season, and the fact that this is the only brand he has full creative control of, one would expect better. It's a rather disappointing outing. That being said, there are some wonderful pieces here and I totally dig the military theme.

Shocked by all the posite comments, this is by far his worst collection in a long time. Everything looked so ugly, unappealing, unflattering, dated and bulky. And I hate when designers replicate every look in three different colors (I call it the J.W.Anderson syndrome), it's the biggest statement that you had few ideas for the collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koitoast
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->