Mariah Carey

55592550.th.jpg
87369092.th.jpg
49568553.th.jpg
44796739.th.jpg

lifeandstyle

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Welcome Twins

April 30 is double the pleasure for Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. Not only did they welcome twins, but the couple celebrated their third wedding anniversary, too!

Carey, 42, delivered the babies Saturday at 12:07 p.m. EST at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles. Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, confirmed the births to The Associated Press, saying the baby girl was born first, weighing 5 lbs., 3 oz., and was 18 inches long; her brother was next, at 5 lbs. 6 oz., and was 19 inches.

And it was just as Cannon, 30, predicted. "I'm not trying to be a psychic, but we renew our vows every year so ... It's probably going to be in the hospital this year. I can feel it," Cannon said Thursday when he guest-hosted The Talk. "We got the minister coming in, so this gown will not be a wedding gown, but a hospital gown."

Berger tells PEOPLE "she's doing great" and they were listening to Carey's "We Belong Together" after the children were born. "I spoke to both of them and they are both completely overjoyed."

Asked if the birth was planned to coincide with her anniversary, she said: "No, not even Mariah could plan that."

"Nick was very nervous and Mariah was completely calm. Mariah thought it was another soft labor and Nick was driving her to the hospital and she very calm and the music was blasting," she added. "When they walked into the hospital, [Nick] was going the wrong way and they nurse redirected them to go the maternity ward, and I said to her, 'that's right out of I Love Lucy,' and she laughed."

Long before the births, the couple made no secret of their desire to have children. Last October when they first made Carey's pregnancy public, Cannon said that "the greatest gift on earth is a child."

Throughout Carey's pregnancy, the parents-to-be were cautious about revealing too many personal details since the couple had a "long journey" to parenthood, Cannon said in December.

That the singer was expecting twins was chattered about for months finally confirmed it in December.

As for the origin of their babies' names, Cannon told PEOPLE in January that the couple had aimed for unique but not wacky. "They won't be crazy names like Carbure before Cannon tor or something," he promised. "But they're definitely unique.
"

Credit: People.com

Aw good for them (and finally!) also congrats on the anniversary.

Am I the only one who thinks her pregnant pictures are super tacky?

^Lol nope I do too, I just choose to pretend they're not there.

Their son is named Moroccan Scott Cannon and the daughter’s name is Monroe Cannon

horrible names, though I'm very happy for them!!

I don't personally care for the names but in a way they are cute (Just for Mariah). Did you really think she would name one of her children David or something? :blush:

Life & Style: Mariah's Relaxing Retreat

mariahdaily

I love Mariah but I too wish she chose the non tabloid rout
e. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"