Mariah Carey

more on their babies names

Mariah and Nick Reveal Baby Names
Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 04-May-2011, 11:55AM EDT
Mariah Carey and her husband Nick Cannon have finally revealed the names of their twins who were born in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Their son is named Moroccan Scott Cannon. Scott is Nick's middle name, as well as his grandmother's maiden name.

The top tier of Mariah's New York City apartment is called the Moroccan Room, because of the Moroccan-inspired decor. It's also the place where Nick proposed to his wife, overlooking Manhattan!

Their daughter's name is Monroe Cannon. Mariah's rep says she does not have a middle name because Mariah herself does not have one. Monroe was named after Marilyn Monroe, who has been an inspiration to Mariah her whole life.

In fact, Mariah purchased the Hollywood icon's white piano from Christie's auction house and it is in Mariah's will that the piano will one day go to the Smithsonian.

Mariah's rep, Cindi Berger, tells CNN, "It has been a long, emotional journey for this family, and I couldn't be happier for all of them."
Source: CNN

mariahdaily

random:

Billboard's 10 All-Female Hit Collaborations
Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 26-Apr-2011, 6:04PM EDT
With Rihanna and Britney Spears sharing space atop the Billboard Hot 100 with "S&M," all-female collaborations are enjoying a rare spotlight. Numerous all-female pairings have scaled Billboard charts in recent years. Here is a look at 10, ranging from pop, rock and dance to country, Latin and R&B/hip-hop.

1. Britney Spears featuring Madonna - "Me Against the Music"

2. Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey - "When You Believe"
Houston has sent two other songs with female singers in addition to this 1999 No. 15 Hot 100 hit even higher: "Count on Me," with CeCe Winans (No. 8, 1996), and "Heartbreak Hotel," featuring Faith Evans and Kelly Price (No. 2, 1999).

3. Mariah Carey featuring Nicki Minaj - "Up Out My Face"
Like Houston, Carey has also enjoyed hits with more than one female vocal partner. Similarly, following this No. 39-peaking track on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, Minaj has charted collaborations with Keyshia Cole and Rihanna.

4. Reba McEntire with Linda Davis - "Does He Love You"
5. Reba Duet with Kelly Clarkson - "Because of You"
6. Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce - "Telephone"
7. Beyonce & Shakira - "Beautiful Liar"
8. Eve featuring Gwen Stefani - "Let Me Blow Ya Mind"
9. P!nk featuring Indigo Girls - "Dear Mr. President"
10. Barbra Streisand & Celine Dion - "Tell Him"

mariahdaily

Mariah is working on a new album already :clap:

Just because she's a new mom to twins, don't expect Mariah Carey to lighten her work schedule.

In fact, the diva, 42, recorded a new album while she was pregnant with Monroe and Moroccan -- and it'll be out within the next few months, reveals her husband Nick Cannon.

"She's planning on having a record out this year," he says. "She's been working away, and we have a studio in the crib, and the pregnancy has totally inspired her on so many different levels. You're definitely gonna see some new phenomenal music from Mariah."

Carey's songs also played a big role during the April 30 birth of her children.

Her 2005 single "We Belong Together" was playing during the delivery. Originally, she wanted the live version of her song "Fanstasy" to play "so they came out to a round of applause," adds Cannon.
from nydailynews

The pregnancy music is so cute :lol: We Belong Together and Fantasy are my top 2 songs from Mariah!

good news. She gets inspired so easily and its no surprise her new babies have inspired her. I hope with all this new inspiration this album will be as good as TEOM. :D didn't really care for her last ones tbh.

^ Yeah I feel the same. E=MC2 was alright, and COAIA was underwhelming apart from a couple of songs. I want her to go back to her Emotions and Rainbow days, it was mostly pop with just the right amount of urban and rnb.

This is baby Monroe saying "no pictures dahhhhling" at 7+1/2 weeks..oh dear :smile:

MC's Twitter

:lol:

Mariah Carey - Heads into her Manhattan apartment July 06, 2011 - tlfan.to.

Mariah live on HSN

MariahDaily

So Moroccan (Roc) is said to look like MC as a baby...

:heart:

August 2
mariah-carey-440.jpg

people.com

more - http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20515091,00.html

Mariah Carey continues to shed the baby weight, this time trading in her canine personal trainers for a human one during a workout Monday in New York City.

MariahDaily.com

Exclusive Mariah & Nick Interview on 20/20

Mariah and Nick recently sat down with Barbara Walters in their New York apartment to discuss Mariah's pregnancy, their marriage, their beautiful baby twins Monroe and Moroccan, and much more!

Tune in to 20/20 on ABC next Friday, October 21st at 10:00pm to watch the exclusive interview including the appearance of DemBabies for the first time ever!

Sneak Preview:

MariahDaily.com

Her babies are so blessed to have her sing to them everynight. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->