MET Costume Institute Gala 2018:"Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & the Catholic Imagination"

I6c7Xdk.jpg

Ella Purnell

wireimage.co.uk

I'm shocked no one wore JPG or Lacroix! If I were a celebrity I'd be chasing those archival pieces down like it was the end of the world!

Rihanna is by far the best dressed woman! Nailed it.
And Chadwick nailed the mens attire. Closely followed by JL.

For such a controversial theme I thought there would have been more political statements. Lena Waithe is the only one who had an outfit with a message in it and good on her for doing it in a classy way.

If Abbey Lee was there I have no doubt she would have had something along the lines of "George Pell is guilty" written on her stomach like she did in 2013 or even just a placard saying that.

Honestly....EVERYONE is a mess. Everyone looks cheap. The ones who follow the theme too closely don't have the taste level to do anything truly stylish, and so they look like Party City. And then the ones who aren't being literal with the theme just look like Instagram Hotties. Yuck to all of it.

This event has become the most embarrassing, out of touch, pathetic event of clueless celebrities, most of whom have extremely little to do with real fashion.

At this point...the Met Gala feels completely unrelated to what fashion is. It's a separate event for a separate industry entirely in my mind in its current state.

For such a controversial theme I thought there would have been more political statements.

In this era of "everybody is offended by everything at anytime, everywhere", you can't expect from any celebrity to make a political statement over religion.

Bringing Sin to the gala in Versace @kimkardashian .

#irinashayk #bradleycooper

#madonna

Madonna in Gaultier looks incredible. This theme was made for her!

Nice to see Irina and Bradley make an appearance together. They look happy.

#lilyaldridge #rosiehuntingtonwhiteley

#lilyaldridge

@blakelively

Taylor Hill

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually love Taylor Hill's outfit purely because she's dressed up as a tacky, sexy cardinal. It's bloody clever. Got to give her that!

@blakelively in custom @versace & @louboutinworld heels for the 2018 #MetGala

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad Lady Gaga didn't do this event. I feel this theme is like hers and Madonna's.

Honestly....EVERYONE is a mess. Everyone looks cheap. The ones who follow the theme too closely don't have the taste level to do anything truly stylish, and so they look like Party City. And then the ones who aren't being literal with the theme just look like Instagram Hotties. Yuck to all of it.

This event has become the most embarrassing, out of touch, pathetic event of clueless celebrities, most of whom have extremely little to do with real fashion.

At this point...the Met Gala feels completely unrelated to what fashion is. It's a separate event for a separate industry entirely in my mind in its current state.
I was gonna rant a bit on the "I hate..." thread in heart and soul, but I didn't feel like doing the typing. But I was gonna say pretty much what you did.
This whole thing is a farce, and most of the guests don't seem to genuinely care about fashion and try too hard to be edgy and get all the attention. Everyone looks about the same tbh, I only liked zendaya, francis m, and lena w. And after reading about how no one really enjoys this event it just makes it even look worse.
Apparentry the met gala used to be fun, but after Anna wintour took over and brands started buying tables and trashy celebs got invites...it really is just a mess

@tessamaethompson #thombrowne #thombrowneny

Jordan Roth

@jaredleto and @lallo25 and @lanadelrey at the Met Gala 2018

Best dressed
Zendaya, Rihanna, Anna, Madonna, Frances

Honorable mention: Kate B, Cardi B & Donatella (i love the tackiness), Kerry, Diane K, Andrea Diaconu.

Best dressed men
Chadwick Boseman, Jordan Roth, Christian Louboutin, Jean Paul Gaultier

Worst dressed: The YSL squad, the Vuitton Squad, Virgil & Michael B Jordan.

Overall, everybody dressed for the theme so, it's a big success and Kudos to Versace. They did a great job!

YAY The MET Gala!
Im in Australia and just woke up so i'm a little late to the party,about to start looking......

OMG SJP and BLAKE
Wow people are really bringing the theme!

cindy-crawford-attends-the-heavenly-bodies-fashion-the-catholic-picture-id955798648

Cindy Crawford
madonna-attends-the-heavenly-bodies-fashion-the-catholic-imagination-picture-id955798662

Madonna
nicki-minaj-attends-the-heavenly-bodies-fashion-the-catholic-costume-picture-id955798584

nicki-minaj-attends-the-heavenly-bodies-fashion-the-catholic-costume-picture-id955798606

Nicki Minaj
mary-j-blige-attends-the-heavenly-bodies-fashion-the-catholic-gala-picture-id955798672

Mary J Blige
natasha-poly-attends-the-heavenly-bodies-fashion-the-catholic-gala-picture-id955805794

Natasha Poly:woot:
antoine-arnault-and-natalia-vodianova-attend-the-heavenly-bodies-the-picture-id955807074

Antoine Arnault and Natalia Vodianova

getty

via zacatecas570

Met Gala 2018: Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination Costume Institute Gala

gettyimages.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willxxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->