Midwest Street Style

I'm in Toledo, Ohio where it's pretty much a jeans and tshirt kinda place. If it's cold, it's a long sleeved tshirt. There is only one halfway decent mall here and the biggest stores are Abercrombie, American Eagle, Aeropostale, Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy. If I had to sum up the general style here, it'd be "boring."

The second outfit from the left is okay, but the rest are not my style. You see a lot of this in Missouri.

midwestfashion6eb.jpg

I live in Chi-town (and I've lived in SF), so the style here is just like any other big city. Wish I had some good pics to post, but just like any other big city...we are very into fashion.

those xanga's are DEAD on to what i live amongst

its a little different when you get into the big city's like Houston though

I moved from Houston to St. Louis a while ago. People wear such boring clothed here! I have to buy <i>everything</i> online now because there are only stores like American Eagle. Finding a good pair of shoes is like pulling teeth!

Midwest Style...Isnt that an oxymoron??? :huh:
Sorry I dont mean to be harsh...
But, I lived in the midwest for a few years...and lost all my motivation to be creative there. There is no style in the midwest, and if you dont understand that then you ought to visit stylish cities to see what Im talking about.

As You Like It said:
Hehe--tis true. While I was waiting for the bus downtown one night last week (I work downtown) this dude came up beside me, yapping away on his cel phone, wearing a burberry scarf and carrying an ostentatiously logoed LV briefcase that I think was fake. I am no expert on these things, but the contrast trim seemed awfully yellow. He was wearing some manner of a cabbie hat and a standard men's woolen winter coat, but you sure could tell he thought he was Mr. Suave and Debonair...waiting for the damn bus with the rest of us plebes!

:lol:....funny...

jeeeeso! whats a xanga?or whatever its called? is that like a blog?

marrimoda said:
But, I lived in the midwest for a few years...and lost all my motivation to be creative there. There is no style in the midwest, and if you dont understand that then you ought to visit stylish cities to see what Im talking about.

Oh, waaah. One can be a creative dresser and live in a dull city. Honestly, look at Alex or me. You just have to work harder at it.

Marrimoda...you totally are harsh, so allow me to be. I live in chicago and I've lived in SF. I have family in LA, London, and NY (so I visit there often). The style here is just as any other. I'm also from Bloomfield Hills, MI (one of the richest cities in the US actually...not that I'm saying I'm rich). People have so much style there that sometimes is overwhelming.

Where do you live that makes you the fashion expert? :unsure:

I'm actually sick of NY and LA people thinking they are the only one's with any style sense. :innocent: It's people like that who blow $$ on LV bags and Chanel sunglasses to think they are "in", when really anyone can have style (on any budget)...it's all how you put it together and how you wear it.

I'm not trying to be rude...I just think it's really naive for others to think that the Midwest has no style.:angry:

NOE said:
I live in Chi-town (and I've lived in SF), so the style here is just like any other big city. Wish I had some good pics to post, but just like any other big city...we are very into fashion.

Right on. Chicagoans have their hits and misses. The thing about Chicago fashion... is that it's not too adventurous, but very sharp. That's how I think of it, anyway.

marrimoda said:

All the more reason to be stylish, IMO. :flower:

Wow... people really don't get the Midwest do they.. I think a visit to the aesthetics forum is in order for you marrimoda..

You can be stylish ANYWHERE.. there is also style everywhere... it's all about where you look and your outlook on things...

I love it here in the midwest and know plenty of fashionable people even though I know quite a few unfashionable ones.. Don't be fooled by my previous cynical posts :smile:

pointup said:
Wow... people really don't get the Midwest do they
No, they really don't. And most people never will...:innocent:

Not only do a lot of people in the midwest have style but they also have manners.....and they know how use them.:flower:

pointup said:
There is a mass of bad fashion up here but what people lack in style they make up for in kindness and being down-to-earth :flower:

And in the end of the day that's what really counts. :flower:

really more southwest...but here you go...
from elle.com
scottsdale, arizona... :flower:

Attachments

• az.jpg
    az.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 57
thesaturday6 said:
I moved from Houston to St. Louis a while ago. People wear such boring clothed here! I have to buy <i>everything</i> online now because there are only stores like American Eagle. Finding a good pair of shoes is like pulling teeth!

You just haven't found the right places yet! :P Trust me...there is more than American Eagle. I agree that there are boring dressers, but they are everywhere you go!

pointup said:
Wow... people really don't get the Midwest do they.. I think a visit to the aesthetics forum is in order for you marrimoda..

You can be stylish ANYWHERE.. there is also style everywhere... it's all about where you look and your outlook on things...

I love it here in the midwest and know plenty of fashionable people even though I know quite a few unfashionable ones.. Don't be fooled by my previous cynical posts :smile:

Well said! Very true! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->