Miss USA May Lose Crown *Update* Given Second Chance

BaroqueRockstar said:
Miss USA is a joke nowadays anyways IMO. I don't want her dethroned, because that means Miss california will be miss usa, and personally i'd like my state to stay as far away from this competition as possible...

And just leave California with Hollywood? :wink:

^:lol: Good point, I didn't think about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throne for a loss

New evidence emerged yesterday that Miss USA Tara Conner shares her boozing ways with her younger roommate Miss Teen USA, and both of their crowns could be in peril.

Sources told the Daily News that Miss Teen USA Katie Blair, 18, has been spotted in clubs chugging shots with the 20-year-old Conner. Both beauty queens are under the legal age to be drinking, and public guzzling also violates the pageant's rules.
Bar-hopping could also end Blair's reign as national spokeswoman for Mother's Against Drunk Driving, an official with the organization said. "They shouldn't be in a bar in the first place," MADD spokeswoman Heidi Castle said. "It's illegal and dangerous for them to drink alcohol at that age."
Conner, who failed a drug test for cocaine and embarrassed the pageant with her wild partying, is waiting to hear her fate from pageant owner Donald Trump on Tuesday. She may be taking down Blair with her.
Multiple witnesses told the Daily News that Conner and Blair drank at the Chelsea club Ultra on Dec. 8 in a group led by fashion photographer Fadil Berisha, who has shot for the Donald Trump-owned pageants for several years.
"He was buying the girls drinks," one source said. "They definitely had a good time, dancing on the couches, rounds of shots and a pretty late night. They had fun."
Berisha could not be reached for comment.
Blair refused to answer the allegations last night at a charity event for the mentally disabled in Miami Beach.
"The title has brought me a great opportunity to work with this organization," Blair told The News before handlers whisked her away. "And that's what I'm here to do."
Pageant officials denied the allegations. "Neither Miss USA nor Miss Teen USA were at Ultra on Friday night," pageant spokeswoman Lark-Marie Anton said. "Katie was at dinner with her grandmother. Tara was home."
Actress Vivica A. Fox, who also attended the Best Buddies fund-raiser in Miami last night, said both beauty queens should lose their tiaras. "I'm not a beauty pageant babe, but I think it's unfortunate that they didn't have respect for the crown," Fox said. She said the pageant should "give somebody else a chance. ... They're just not being good role models."
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/480972p-404654c.html

i am still confused about miss russia, though. . . damn. why would they fire her without giving and explanation? that is so . . . russian of them.

samanthay said:
Really the lagal age for drinking is 21? Wow its only 18 here in Canada... hehe.
you must be from Montreal.. cause in Toronto it's 19.

^yep... 18 in Montreal

anyway... I just think these competitions are so lame!

She says "it's dangerous to be drinking at that age". Uhhhhh, it's "dangerous" to drink at any age. It's just a shame that a lot of these girls don't have any imagination and their only way to have fun is to get totally hammered.

hehe...these competitions are a joke now days. who look up to these 'queens' anyways?
ugh...she's not that pretty...very typical. im bored. they all have the identical smile, body, hair style/length, features...the way they talk all sweet and big and...smart? very bored.

I'm just anti-drinking in general, but we all know what prohibition did...

I do agree with Vivica though, both of them should lose their crowns because underage drinking is wrong and believe it or not many girls look up to the winners of the big pageants-the pageant girls are role models and should behave as such. I don't have a problem with them maybe having a glass of wine with a fancy dinner once they are of age but getting publicly drunk is an embarassment for the crown.

Miss USA Given a Second Chance

Miss USA Tara Conner, who had come under criticism amid rumors she had been frequenting bars while underage, will be allowed to keep her title, Donald Trump announced Tuesday.

"I've always been a believer in second chances," Trump, who owns the Miss Universe Organization with NBC, said with Conner at his side.

He said he and Conner met earlier Tuesday morning.

"She left a small town in Kentucky and she was telling me that she got caught up in the whirlwind of New York," Trump said.

"It's a story that has happened many times before to many women and many men who came to the Big Apple. They wanted their slice of the Big Apple and they found out it wasn't so easy."

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/local_story_353111529.html

lunabella said:
i am still confused about miss russia, though. . . damn. why would they fire her without giving and explanation? that is so . . . russian of them.

:lol:

What bothers me is that Donald Trump can be a thrice-married bankrupt jagoff blowhard, yet someone keeps balancing a crown on his head. Second chances! Oh, Love me, Daddy!

donald trump is full of sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!letting a blowup cokesniffing skank getting a second chance!!!!!!!!!!!we all know why he didnt want the runnerup get the crown.

Tara probably came up with a good sob story and Trump might want to up his approval ratings so he decided to be Saint Trump and forgive her.

If the stories are true and she is having all these issues, I personally think that Tara should be sent home. But, then again, the pageant website says that they're trying to 're-do' the pageant image so this may be one of their PR things.

Last edited by a moderator:
modela said:
donald trump is full of sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!letting a blowup cokesniffing skank getting a second chance!!!!!!!!!!!
Personally, I don't think she's pretty at all. I saw her and I was like, "That is going to represent the United States in the Miss Universe pageant?"

And you just know that she's going to be in the Top 10 regardless of how ugly she is, since there is usually a token spot in the Top 10 for the United States contestant. :rolleyes:

Deep Brunette said:
Hm..I saw a special on the Miss USA pageant on Style or E! a while ago and liked Tomiko much better..
Tara probably won't get dethroned, but it must've been pretty bad if the details are being kept so hush hush. And didn't she have a boyfriend when she was crowned?

I AGREE!!!

Spiral1532 said:
And you just know that she's going to be in the Top 10 regardless of how ugly she is, since there is usually a token spot in the Top 10 for the United States contestant. :rolleyes:

Or it could just be that since pageants are huge in many of the southern states, the U.S. just happens to produce a lot of Top Ten candidates. Kind of like how certain countries always do well in certain Olympic events....after all, how can a girl sharpen her skills if there aren't many pageants available in her country? There's a pageant for practically everything in the South...even a pork pageant :wink:

Yeah and MTV even has a show about the pageant girls who have been doing them since the age of 2 or 3 and most of the girls are from the South...thankfully it's not as big a deal here in the Pacific Northwest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->