Miss USA May Lose Crown *Update* Given Second Chance

Spiral1532 said:
Wow. :shock:
I watched The View this morning, so I got to see Rosie's rant. Truth be told, I agree with what she said. The first thing she said was that this whole Miss USA controversy is just publicity for Trump's upcoming season of The Apprentice.

Part of me thinks that. But another part of me thinks she's doing it for other reasons. I was watching the The View a couple of weeks ago (when the scandal was fresh) and she lit up like a Christmas Tree when she heard that Tara was seen making out with Miss Teen USA. :rolleyes:

Either way, if it is a publicity stunt for the upcoming season of The Apprentice, Rosie seems to be adding to it. The Miss USA thing I could care less about, but this Rosie/Donald feud is hilarious.:lol:

I just read that Miss Nevada has now been fired for some Girls Gone Wild-ish photos (her flashing the camera, showing her thong and sticking her tongue down some other girls throat). The pictures are lame, but even lamer is that it appears that she's posing to get male attention (you can see some guys in the background sort of cheering her on). I don't get it. I am 30, and when I was in college/high school, which really wasn't that long ago, I don't know of anyone who would act like that just to get boys to like them. It is completely different from experimenting on a sexual level, which many people do at that age, and I am pretty liberal and open minded about that, but that's not the issue. There were rumors that Miss USA was making out with Miss Teen USA at bars for boys. Why do people do that? Are girls really worried boys won't talk to them or think they're cute unless they do? It seems sad. Just my opinion.

thepeppers said:
I just read that Miss Nevada has now been fired for some Girls Gone Wild-ish photos (her flashing the camera, showing her thong and sticking her tongue down some other girls throat). The pictures are lame, but even lamer is that it appears that she's posing to get male attention (you can see some guys in the background sort of cheering her on). I don't get it. I am 30, and when I was in college/high school, which really wasn't that long ago, I don't know of anyone who would act like that just to get boys to like them. It is completely different from experimenting on a sexual level, which many people do at that age, and I am pretty liberal and open minded about that, but that's not the issue. There were rumors that Miss USA was making out with Miss Teen USA at bars for boys. Why do people do that? Are girls really worried boys won't talk to them or think they're cute unless they do? It seems sad. Just my opinion.

I agree. Maybe it's something that developed over the past ten years....when I was in highschool (I'm 21) it wasn't too uncommon for the more pathetic/immature girls to try the whole 'girl-on-girl' thing to get attention from the boys.

I think that maybe it's one of those things that's developed along with teenagers becoming more sexually active. Maybe they believe that wearing a low-cut shirt doesn't get a guy's attention anymore so they have to push the envelope further to 'stand-out' from the rest of the sl*tty girls :rolleyes:

Either way, it's pathetic and embarrassing to see my fellow females doing this crap.

The Donald must've been pretty embarrassed, because his response was very harsh, kinda funny, but harsh nonetheless. :lol:

And what is there for him to sue about:unsure: ? I don't see any untruths to what Rosie said (though she probably didn't need to blast the Donald on national TV).

I must've seen this "feud" on 2 or 3 news shows today...I'm sure neither is hating the publicity.

What I find funniest about the whole fued is Donald calling Rosie fat and ugly since he's not exactly the shining example of beauty.

ughk I know! he was saying those mean things and he really needs to look in the mirror. He thinks he's all that just because his wife is hott but she's not hott enough to cover up his ugly ars
anyways..
the girl drank underage...everyone does...heck im doing it tonight... so I think rehab is a bit much... But Just the fact that her title is Miss Teen USA for a year..she couldnt hold off publicly drinking for a bit?They are supposed to represent world peace and kindness and respect and inspiration to america and young girls.
I dont think the donald set a good example for futur Miss USA's

i actually know miss nevada, katie ree, and thepeppers- you are so right on about this girl. she is one of those girls who ONLY does these public acts of 'lesbianism" to impress guys and grab some attention. i would not be surprised if many more of these types of photos showed up.
the sad thing is that it actually works here in vegas, and these types of girls' get the attention their looking for. she's a dime a dozen.
there's nothing wrong with hooking up with girls, but when your the type to do it only for the attention of guys, it's plain desperate.

sssanguine said:
i actually know miss nevada, katie ree, and thepeppers- you are so right on about this girl. she is one of those girls who ONLY does these public acts of 'lesbianism" to impress guys and grab some attention. i would not be surprised if many more of these types of photos showed up.
the sad thing is that it actually works here in vegas, and these types of girls' get the attention their looking for. she's a dime a dozen.
there's nothing wrong with hooking up with girls, but when your the type to do it only for the attention of guys, it's plain desperate.

There are several more pictures on TMZ, and it is so sad. I am sure Miss Nevada is a very nice person and I no way try to judge her overall character. It also seems quite likely that she could have been intoxicated at the time, which basically we all have been at some point in our lives and done something we might regret. But these pictures take it to an entirely new level and I feel like we see stuff like this more and more today and it has become a growing trend for young american girls/women to flash cameras and make out with other girls for male attention. I just cannot understand it. I was in South Beach a few years ago and a Girls Gone Wild guy offered me $100 to show him my breasts. I said gross, go away, but I was shocked at how many did, and some just got a t-shirt. :(

thepeppers said:
There are several more pictures on TMZ, and it is so sad. I am sure Miss Nevada is a very nice person and I no way try to judge her overall character. It also seems quite likely that she could have been intoxicated at the time, which basically we all have been at some point in our lives and done something we might regret. But these pictures take it to an entirely new level and I feel like we see stuff like this more and more today and it has become a growing trend for young american girls/women to flash cameras and make out with other girls for male attention. I just cannot understand it. I was in South Beach a few years ago and a Girls Gone Wild guy offered me $100 to show him my breasts. I said gross, go away, but I was shocked at how many did, and some just got a t-shirt. :(

I've noticed that trend, too - it's so annoying and so sad. Women had to fight to be seen as anything more than sex objects and some girls today are so determined to not be alone that they're willing to just BE sex objects.

Another Beauty of a Pageant Scandal

Underage drinking, forgivable. Going wild, not-so much.
Such was the lesson 22-year-old Katie Rees learned Thursday when she was stripped of her Miss Nevada USA crown after photos surfaced showing her making like a "Girls Gone Wild" star.
Rees' dethroning comes two days after Miss USA Tara Conner kept her crown despite tabloids tales of her imbibing in Manhattan nightclubs prior to her 21st birthday.
Rees was to have competed alongside other state champs at next year's Miss USA showdown, with the winner succeeding Conner, provided Connor successfully completes rehab, stays on pater familias Donald Trump's good side, and holds onto her own crown.
Instead, Rees is out, and her first runner-up, Helen Salas, is in—and slated for Nevada's slot in the Miss USA 2007 Pageant.
Trump's Miss Universe Organization released a brief statement Thursday confirming Rees "ha[d] been relieved of her duties," and replaced by Salas. It did not reference the revealing photos, and it did elaborate on why Rees had been replaced.
Rees did a slightly better job explaining the situation in a damage-control statement released her lawyer, Mario Torres, on the day before her dismissal.
"Katie Rees, Miss Nevada USA, wants the public to know she was 17 and had a lapse in judgment," the statement said.
Like the Miss Universe Organization, Rees did not specifically mention the photos. If she had, she might have noted her judgement lapsed on at least eight occasions during which the then-teen, sometimes clad in a red tank top and jeans, exposed a breast, posed next to exposed breasts that were not her own, showed off a blue thong, and generally appeared as if she were renacting poses from the Joe Francis oeuvre.
According to Las Vegas' KVBC-TV, the photos, apparently snapped some five years ago, became public fodder this week after appearing on the MySpace page for a Vegas-based events planner. The Rees photos could not found on the page on Thursday.
In an another apparent reference to the photos, the Rees statement reminded that "the actions on that evening in subject [sic] are in no way indicative of the person she is or the person she has become."
"She is a law-abiding citizen, and talented adult," the statement continued.
Rees, said to be 22, claimed her Miss Nevada USA crown last October.
The Rees dethroning is actually the third scandal to hit the Trump pageant empire this week. (This tally does not include the ongoing Trump-Rosie O'Donnell war of words.)
In addition to the Rees and Conner matters, Mothers Against Drunk Driving dropped Miss Teen USA champ Katie Blair as its spokeswoman after the 18-year-old was spied nightclubbing with Conner.
Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and Miss Universe are all produced by the Miss Universe Organization.
Shiemicka LaShanne, a former Miss New York USA contestant turned pageant consultant, said she thinks it's just a coincidence that so many pageant scandals have hit one pageant producer.
"I work with [these] young ladies all the time, and I've never come across a party girl," LaShanne said Thursday. "I think it's just a bad call. I think it has nothing to do with the system."
Of all the missteps of the week, LaShanne, for one, thinks Conner's was the most egregious.
"If Miss Nevada USA can get stripped of her crown, Miss USA can get stripped of her crown," LaShanne said. "...I think underage drinking was even worse."
http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?fn=2006/12/21/231118.html

I'm glad a man with so much money has never felt the pressure to be accountable for his words :rolleyes: What a relief:shock:

He's mocking Rosie for being ugly? Such a wealthy man and clearly, he doesn't own a mirror.. :innocent:

didn't you hear? once your net worth skyrockets and you get a big ego, you get this haze around your head making it difficult to see who you really are. Tragedy, really

_ladybug_ said:
didn't you hear? once your net worth skyrockets and you get a big ego, you get this haze around your head making it difficult to see who you really are. Tragedy, really

ha, ha. you hit the nail on the head my friend!
let's all hope our egos never blown up to gigantic proportions...:cry:

Erin said:
Oh great. Our country's Miss America is in rehab. Typical of America... (though really, for a normal twenty year-old this wouldn't merit rehab).

I agree !!!!
America is so behind the time,that's not even possible.A 20 year old who is drinking and smoking has to go in rehab to show that's she's a good person ????

I feel bad for the american youth seriously,cause you country doesn't love you at all.
You can buy a gun and go to war at 18 but you can smoke and drink before you're 21 ???? Wtf is that ??? :huh:

That Miss Nevada is young and has the right to have fun the way she wants,what's the problem even if she's doing it for having guys attention is a sin ou something ????It doesn't mean that she doesn't love Nevada......how many girls in Nevada are doing worst than this.

I suggest to american people to stop boycotting movies,celebs,ect.....and begin to start boycotting their politics cause that sort mentality needs to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF miss america repsented social conscious, peace, personal growth, community development, justice, leadership-- then I would care. But, alas, she's nothing more than another capitalist venture and phony bologne. So I couldn't give two sh*ts whether she's crowned or not. Change the channel, please.

boo to trump and rosie. fighting like immiture classmates.

Trump is so vulgar in that video. No class at all for a billionaire. Rosie too.
She just bugs me. Both of them are complete idiots!! :wacko:

lady B said:
I agree !!!!
America is so behind the time,that's not even possible.A 20 year old who is drinking and smoking has to go in rehab to show that's she's a good person ????

I feel bad for the american youth seriously,cause you country doesn't love you at all.
You can buy a gun and go to war at 18 but you can smoke and drink before you're 21 ???? Wtf is that ??? :huh:

That Miss Nevada is young and has the right to have fun the way she wants,what's the problem even if she's doing it for having guys attention is a sin ou something ????It doesn't mean that she doesn't love Nevada......how many girls in Nevada are doing worst than this.

I suggest to american people to stop boycotting movies,celebs,ect.....and begin to start boycotting their politics cause that sort mentality needs to change.

What I think people are forgetting is that these women who win these pagents I believe must sign contracts, and there are morality clauses within them, concerning their public image and life and they have no one to blame but themselves if they don't adhere to the conditions. Miss Nevada, and miss whoever for that matter has the right to do what they want, when they want, and how they want, that is one of the freedoms that people in the US can enjoy, but she knew what she was getting into when she became a title holder. I wish her no ill will and I think the entire situation stinks (for Miss USA too, I don't think that she needs rehab, I think she was just a partier, and at 20 who isn't, the thing is, not all 20 year olds are Miss USA). Actresses/Actors and politicians make the same argument about "leave me alone, it's my private life", but once you become famous, especially willingly, you are subject to more scrutiny and criticsm. That's just how it is, in most countries, in most societies.

As for Miss Nevada and her right to flashes her boobs, kiss her friends boobs, pull down her pants to show her thong, act like she is giving and receiving oral s*x on boys and girls, etc in pictures to get boys' attention, if she wants to do that, then I say go for it, my point I was trying to make before is that this is not an isolated incident on a larger scale and that it seems more common for at least American teenage girls to do this in order to get attention for boys and honestly it bothers and troubles me in so many ways. Why is it becoming more popular and acceptable? Miss Nevada is definitely a pretty girl, and probably has a nice personality, why did she think she had to do this (as well as her friends in the pics) to get attention? What kind of attention does it get? I don't think its the kind that says "take me out to a nice dinner and a movie" or even "treat me with respect because I'm a smart, fun, and interesting person". If it was your sister, daughter, mother, or some woman that you knew doing this, I think it would concern you too. If my 14 or 25 year old Parisian female relatives or my 26 year old American relatives did something like this, I think in either culture the family would be upset and worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->