More Grey's Anatomy Drama

Go, Katherine! She's so awesome and I love how close she is with TR! :D

justlooking said:
I agree that this should be kept completely in-house.

Everyone tried to keep in that way until Isaiah opened his big mouth Monday night :angry:

I really do not understand why he felt it necessary to a. bring up a situation that only brings bad press to him and the show and b. use a word that, while he may not know it, is equivocal to using the N word. Which brings up another point, had any of the white cast mates used the N word towards Isaiah and had that leaked out to the press they would have been fired by morning, no questions. However, I do not know if firing an actor for being a moronic bigot is really relevant, they aren't paid to be decent humans they are paid to be good actors, even if that goes against my own personal belief that he should be clipped from the show. Plenty of top Hollywood people have been racists, homophobes, anti-Semites, etc. and had very longstanding careers. I do think he should be punished some how, and would personally like him fired, but I doubt that is going to happen.

oh yeah, and P.S. Katherine was so f'in great for standing up to him like that, seriously and amazing person and friend.

(CBS) Singer John Mayer has nothing to do with the controversy surrounding "Grey's Anatomy" star Isaiah Washington, but he has a suggestion about what producers should do about the shamed actor, who allegedly used a slur during an on-set fight and then repeated it in the press room at the Golden Globes.

Mayer, who is reportedly spending quality time with Jessica Simpson these days, wrote on his blog Thursday that "sometimes you have to turn around and butt into a situation that doesn't concern you in order to offer a little bit of assistance."

The singer thinks "Grey's" producers should write a new storyline for Washington's character, Dr. Preston Burke.

"I would like to offer my suggestion for a solution; produce an episode of 'Grey's Anatomy' in which Mr. Washington's character, Dr. Burke comes out to his friends and colleagues as a gay man!!!" he writes. "What better way for an actor to get to the roots of his discrimination than by portraying the very the subject of his own ire for the remainder of his contract? That'll learn ya!"

In his blog Mayer included some possible script excerpts that could help get his suggested story line up and running.
http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/19/people/main2375007.shtml

"Grey's Anatomy" star Isaiah Washington has apologized in Los Angeles to co-star T.R. Knight for calling him a name "that is unacceptable in any context."

Knight told Ellen DeGeneres this week he went public about his homosexuality after he overheard Washington call him a ****** in October during a conversation with another actor on the show.

ABC issued a statement Thursday saying Washington used "inappropriate language" at the Golden Globes in Beverly Hills, Calif., when he answered a reporter's question about the matter. "No, I did not call T.R. a ******," said Washington. "Never happened, never happened."

"I'm going to be really honest right now, he needs to just not speak in public. Period," co-star Katherine Heigl told "Access Hollywood" at a Golden Globe after-party. "I'm sorry, that did not need to be said. I'm not OK with it." "I don't think (Washington) means it the way he comes off," Heigl said. "But T.R. is my best friend. ... I will use every ounce of energy I have to take you down if you hurt his feelings."

Isaiah Washington's denial is pretty awkward, and nobody is really sure what he meant by it. After Washington's denial, Knight stood his ground during a taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show Tuesday. "He referred to me as a ******," Knight said. "Everyone heard it."

In a statement issued Thursday to the TV show "Extra," ABC reinforced its policy of maintaining "respectful workplaces" for its employees.

"We dealt with the original situation in October, and thought the issue resolved," the statement read. "Therefore, we are greatly dismayed that Mr. Washington chose to use such inappropriate language at the Golden Globes, language that he himself deemed 'unfortunate' in his previous public apology. We take this situation very seriously. His actions are unacceptable and are being addressed."

Washington apologized Thursday to Knight, other colleagues, fans of the show and the lesbian and gay community, and said he would seek counseling, TMZ.com reported.

"I can neither defend nor explain my behavior," he said. "I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I've asked for help." He said by repeating the language Monday night, when "Grey's Anatomy" won a Golden Globe for best TV drama series, he "marred what should have been a perfect night" for the show.

TV Guide Consulting Editor Mary Murphy told "Extra" ABC might have no choice but to fire Washington. "He's already been marginalized," she said, "and I'm sure he's very angry about that."

However, Washington said Thursday he welcomes the chance to meet with gay and lesbian community leaders "to apologize in person and to talk about what I can do to heal the wounds I've opened."

"I know a mere apology will not end this, and I intend to let my future actions prove my sincerity," Washington said.

Also on Thursday, GLAAD president Neil Giuliano said he was encouraged by Washington's latest remarks. "We are ... optimistic that it may mark a turning point in this deeply troubling situation," Giuliano said.

E! Online reports that "a well-placed" source told them that Washington will have a face-to-face sit down with the entire Grey’s cast tomorrow where his coworkers plan to tell him how they feel about his behavior. "It’s a meeting so he can hear them all out," their source says. "And it will go on as long as it needs to go."
http://www.playfuls.com/news_0004647_Greys_Washington_to_Meet_with_GLAAD_Over_Homophobia_Row.html

(The ****** were edited by me)

from People mag
Justin Chambers of Grey's Anatomy said Monday that the players in the show's off-screen controversy over Isaiah Washington's use of a gay slur are continuing to work out their problems – and that it's a shame the spat has distracted from the program's accomplishments.

Asked by Barbara Walters on The View how things were going over at the ABC show, Chambers replied, "That's the question right now. It's an unfortunate situation. They're trying to work it out."

Chambers, 36, who plays Dr. Alex Karev, said the pall that's been cast over the show is particularly unfortunate considering the creative accolades it's earned. "We won the Golden Globe, and it's kind of overshadowed that fact – and the fact that it's such a large cast, that we work a lot of hours and we get along really well," he said.

Kate Walsh, who also stars on Grey's, tells Extra she is hopeful the show's cast and crew can eventually get past the situation. "I feel really sad...I'm just saying my prayers," she said at the Sundance Film Festival. "I don?t know what is going to happen...I just trust that our show will deal with it in the way that they see fit."

The off-screen saga began in October, when costars Washington and Patrick Dempsey got into a fight on the set, and Washington allegedly used a gay slur to refer to another costar, T.R. Knight. Washington then fanned the flames at the Golden Globes by repeating the word, though he later apologized.

On a lighter topic, Chambers, who has five children with wife Keisha, told The View's co-hosts that he'd given some advice to Dempsey, whose wife Jillian is expecting twins sons this winter.

His words of wisdom? "Strap yourself in, get ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->