Paris shopping

Originally posted by Johnny@Aug 11 2004, 11:49 AM
PS. I got a lovely Dries scarf this spring, you're right about them. Actually a new one for winter will def be on my potentials list for Paree!
[snapback]328349[/snapback]​

:heart: If you can find/make a picture of it, I'd love to see it.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 11 2004, 11:51 AM
we don't know your wordrobe that well johnny...you don't post on the what are you wearing thread very often...i wouldn't really know what else to recommend....
[snapback]328352[/snapback]​

hint, hint :lol:

My two cents..I would get something that screams FRENCH!!!!!!!! or at least PARISIAN!!!!!!!!. I would get something culturally relavent. Look at the chic or hip women there. WHAT ARE THEY WEARING!!!! WHAT BAGS ARE THEY CARRYING? And more importantly HOW ARE THEY WEARING IT? The French or more specifically the Parisians budget on clothes are half that of Americans yet they look (generally. with excptions of course) more pulled together than we do. They don't buy JUNK or anything trendy! :P They don't have the money to throw away by buying something that is in style for only a season. If it's not gonna be stylish for at least 5 years, they don't buy it . That being said I would avoid anything I can get in the states unless it's at least 50% cheaper than the states :lol:

I love Jean-Claude Jitrois. Pity Thierry Mugler had to stop designing.

Also go the Dunhill on Rue de la Paix, and the E.Goyard on Rue St-Honore.

Paul Harnden at L'Eclaireur?
(his shoes are also sold at CDG aoyama, and the jkt is similar in form to hommeplus in some way)

or Jack Henry (54, rue des Rosiers for mens, 1, rue Montmartre for womens)

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 11 2004, 07:17 PM
Pity Thierry Mugler had to stop designing.

[snapback]328804[/snapback]​

what do you mean?...had to stop designing?...he went out of business because the clothes didn't sell...i don't understand what you mena by "had to stop"...

Originally posted by sandra@Aug 11 2004, 07:07 PM
My two cents..I would get something that screams FRENCH!!!!!!!! or at least PARISIAN!!!!!!!!. I would get something culturally relavent. Look at the chic or hip women there. WHAT ARE THEY WEARING!!!! WHAT BAGS ARE THEY CARRYING? And more importantly HOW ARE THEY WEARING IT? The French or more specifically the Parisians budget on clothes are half that of Americans yet they look (generally. with excptions of course) more pulled together than we do. They don't buy JUNK or anything trendy! :P They don't have the money to throw away by buying something that is in style for only a season. If it's not gonna be stylish for at least 5 years, they don't buy it . That being said I would avoid anything I can get in the states unless it's at least 50% cheaper than the states :lol:
[snapback]328788[/snapback]​

good points sandra...just one thing...johnny is a boy... :flower: :wink:

Originally posted by runner@Aug 12 2004, 01:48 AM
Paul Harnden at L'Eclaireur?
(his shoes are also sold at CDG aoyama, and the jkt is similar in form to hommeplus in some way)

or Jack Henry (54, rue des Rosiers for mens, 1, rue Montmartre for womens)
[snapback]329198[/snapback]​

Runner that's a good tip thanks. I think I know the guy you mean. Are the shoes kind of "battered" with slightly upturned toes? Also I think I tried one of his jackets on when I was there in spring. The sales assistant was sort of pushing me towards it becasue he didn't like the spring Hp range. It was a lovely coral linen jacket, prewashed, with quite a high fastening and cut away at the bottom. I don't know if it's the same guy because I can't remember the name but does this sound like it? It was a beautiful jacket, but, as I recall, even more expensive that homme +!

Originally posted by Fashionism@Aug 11 2004, 12:14 PM
all right. i thought that. i won't bother you with any addresses right now then. :wink: i'll be thinking ..
[snapback]328315[/snapback]​

Fashionism - i am going too. I do like second and and Vintage - where do you go? Been to Clignacourt before but I must confess we got lost (& a bit freaked as me & my Mum were followed by a dodgy bloke there once) so didn't find the proper lothes market. Also been to Reciproque - didn't like it (although really cute puppies in the pet shop next door). Is there a place called Didier Ludot - is it £££?

OK, what about these things?

Attachments

• JWjump.jpg
    JWjump.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21
  • JWtee.jpg
    JWtee.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
cuteness...!!!..

i'm looking for some striped top for a project i'm working on...where are those from?...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 12 2004, 09:12 AM
cuteness...!!!..

i'm looking for some striped top for a project i'm working on...where are those from?...
[snapback]329392[/snapback]​

They are both by Junya. Downloaded from www.brownsfashion. com. I like the long sleeved one the best. I tried a polo shirt version of this on in London a few weeks ago (with two buttons and little collar) - v nice. Quite tight fitted, kind of stretchy wool.

So softgrey, to use Faust phraseology, are they hit ir miss?

Based on the pictures runner posted before I second Jack Henry. I'd be curious to see the clothes myself.

hahaha...definite hit!...and i also like the long sleeve...
but i'm afraid i saw sometthing shocking similar at MUJI in london this may...

you might want to check it out...
also ...sonia rykiel is uber -french and i think the prices must be lowerr in paris...they do nice men's and women's so it might be a good stop for both of you...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 12 2004, 09:23 AM
hahaha...definite hit!...and i also like the long sleeve...
but i'm afraid i saw sometthing shocking similar at MUJI in london this may...

you might want to check it out...
also ...sonia rykiel is uber -french and i think the prices must be lowerr in paris...they do nice men's and women's so it might be a good stop for both of you...
[snapback]329402[/snapback]​

Oh, I just thought of something. Didn't Nina Ricci get a new talented scandinavian designer? Might be worth checking out. She is such a staple in France, yet noone knows about her in the US (except the Russian expats, of course :lol: )

Originally posted by faust@Aug 12 2004, 09:30 AM
Oh, I just thought of something. Didn't Nina Ricci got a new talented scandinavian designer? Might be worth checking out. She is such a staple in France, yet noone knows about her in the US (except the Russian expats, of course :lol: )
[snapback]329412[/snapback]​

OK-dokay. I will check it out. I didn't know that. Helena was going on about Nina Ricci though, so...

softgrey, I could well imagine a similar top from Muji. The Junya one is not, as you can guess, cheap.

Originally posted by Johnny@Aug 12 2004, 09:34 AM
OK-dokay. I will check it out. I didn't know that. Helena was going on about Nina Ricci though, so...

softgrey, I could well imagine a similar top from Muji. The Junya one is not, as you can guess, cheap.
[snapback]329421[/snapback]​

yes ...i can guess...which is why i suggested checking muji before taking the plunge...

i'm torn about basics...spend a fortune for good quality...or save money because they are everywhere and easily replaceable...

do you know j crew...?...so they ship internationally?...i'll check...hang on...

nah...nevermind...they don't...and i checked...the women's is much cuter than the men's this season...

what about apc and agnes b? ...aren't their prices lower in paris because they are french companies?...i can usually find something in there...men's and womens...basic but usually great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franckcl17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->