Patchwork S/S 07

MulletProof

Reaction score
I've deliberately not included S/S 07 in the title of the thread since I'm not quite sure it's already a trend or has potential to become so until it gets stronger within the next seasons. Also, while *I think* i saw it in a lot of shows, I ultimately just managed to spot it in less than 5 shows.. :lol:
Anyway, I think it's a fun way to keep encouraging people to be creative with clothes, it seems to go hand on hand with drawings on clothes, which I also saw in a few shows over the last 3 weeks.

Chloe S/S 07
00780m.jpg

[style]

what are your thoughts on this?. :magic:

Last edited by a moderator:
i love patchwork :heart: very craft and kitschy... reminds me of the summertime :wub:

i definitely want to get that marc by marc dress you posted
thanks for the thread, mullet :flower:

Cosmic Wonder
ashadedviewonfashion

patchwork has been 'trying' to launch for seasons now, but i think that finally the time is right to consider this as a very interesting niche trend with potential.. to grow bigger next season

excellent examples posted mulletproof, love the Chloe skirt and the Sabyasachi dress most
this is ss07 collections we are discussing here, i think we should totally add the s/s 07 in the topic title

I think teamed with neutral basics, it can look really cute, like how it was done at Marc by Marc Jacobs' SS07 collection. a thumbs up from me.

Lena said:
patchwork has been 'trying' to launch for seasons now, but i think that finally the time is right to consider this as a very interesting niche trend with potential.. to grow bigger next season

excellent examples posted mulletproof, love the Chloe skirt and the Sabyasachi dress most
this is ss07 collections we are discussing here, i think we should totally add the s/s 07 in the topic title
thanks, lena. ^_^

S/S 07 added!.

oneofmyveryfavouritethings

that Sabyasachi dress is uncannily like the style of one of my favourite shops in town that muddle up vintage clothes in all kinds of unexpected patchwork ways. to me, they're the nicest things i own. including a 14 foot patchwork scarf & a dressy jacket with parts of it covered in strange masculine suit fabrics and pearly things from the beyond. :lol:
not for everyone, i know, but the women who makes most of the clothes stopped me going over a bridge once to tell me she made the jacket and that she loved how i wore it & another skirt of hers she'd seen me wearing.. and i felt proud she thought i'd given them a good home :blush:

i personally like it, but i'm afraid i wouldn't be able to pull it off :P though i like the chloe details, that would be nice add-on

i really like the ones where it's not so much like 'traditional patchwork' with the patterns and such
like the comme des garcons ones look so modern to me :heart:

dries van noten s/s 07

more inspired by patchwork than actual patchwork itself
i think it is just hand-painted and beaded
noten1nw0.jpg

style.com

I loathe patchwork completely, but I agree w/ Lena that it's been trying to get off the ground for at least three seasons.

it was very popular in the early 70s , my mom had a pair of bell bottoms with patchwork , it looks cute , you have to offset a patchwork piece with a plain colored top or bottom , my mom wore it with a white tshirt..looked pretty cute..

gius said:
i really like the ones where it's not so much like 'traditional patchwork' with the patterns and such
like the comme des garcons ones look so modern to me :heart:

dries van noten s/s 07

more inspired by patchwork than actual patchwork itself
i think it is just hand-painted and beaded

excellent point made gius :wink:
and the dries example is so on the point :heart:

reprodepot.com has a lot of very nice "patchwork-y" type fabrics... i hoping to make a dress out of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->