• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Patrick Robinson for Target

I bought one of the black dresses last week, and I just love it! It fits me perfectly, but it does gather right at the hips so it is best suited to petite girls with small hips. It's a knee length black sundress, with straps.

I highly recommend it, but regretfully I can't find a picture of it on the target website. I went to FLorida last weekend and barely took it off for three days!

Last edited by a moderator:
lucy92
Q: What did you do differently to make your Target suits so much cheaper than for other labels?
A: Really, nothing.
The difference is in the size [of the order]. When you make more clothes, it becomes less expensive for the manufacturer to make them and the fabric becomes less expensive. It's the same in bathing suits.
The difference between Target and Saks Fifth Avenue is that Saks doesn't compare to the size of a Target. You're making so many more. If they make a mistake, they make a mistake of 20-, 30-, 40,000 pieces.

That was quite interesting. Thanks for posting. :flower:

^Definitely interesting. I had never thought of prices in those terms - I'm just not economically-minded, I guess. Very enlightening, though.

So in theory, the quality should be the same as Saks or comparable? Isnt that what he's saying?

^ Pretty much. He's implying that Target actually pays more attention to detail than anyone else he's worked with.

312E0C1XPPL._SS384_.jpg

target.com

I tried on that dress in size one, and I liked it. It was a bit loose at the sides though, and the top part was a bit sheer. It grazed the top of my feet and I'm about 5'6" if that gives you any idea of the length. I probably would've bought it, but the only one left had a rip in it.

canipokeyourhair
It grazed the top of my feet and I'm about 5'6" if that gives you any idea of the length.

Oh dear—I'm 5'1", and don't even want to know what that dress would look like on me. :lol:

love this collection. i ended up buying the eyelet cover up in black even though i went in wanting the white. it just looked soooo sleek and i'll definitely get more wear out of it. i also bought the reversible top in gray/blue--so wearable.

I'm not sure why people like the jersey fabric of the dresses - that stuff pills on first wear, I never buy synthetic jersey anything any more...

^The three jersey dresses I bought have each been washed several times and still look exactly like they did when I bought them. I wash all of my clothes in Woolite on the 'delicate' setting, though. The majority of my clothing is dry clean or hand wash only, and there is no way I am hand washing anything, so everything that doesn't go to the cleaners winds up in a protective bag and gets washed just like all of my delicates. I've never had a problem with a single garment - cheap or expensive - pilling, so I would definitely recommend that the cheapest jersey be treated exactly like the most expensive and be washed as gently as possible. :smile:

The downside of this collection is the popularity of the medallion print means your'e going to see someone else wearing your very distinctive print dress. I saw at least 2 other women wearing the shift dress during my outings last weekend and one woman wearing the babydoll dress. I guess that's the price you pay for mass market appeal.

That's a good point. I really do like that print, though. Still, I didn't end up buying it.

I'm not sure why people like the jersey fabric of the dresses - that stuff pills on first wear, I never buy synthetic jersey anything any more...

:huh: the jersey those dresses are made out of is quite nice. the only jersey i have had problems with as far as pilling goes, is bailey's stuff in rayon jersey.....and that stuff aint cheap!

i love his work at paco rabanne so much that my heart is broken,i wonder why he is not working there anymore

It's actually true about the bigger stores like Target, Wal-mart etc paying more attention to detail and quality control.

Right now I'm designing a line of bags for wal-mart, I haven't encountered the very detailed process of production yet, but my fellow designers have told me that if a thread color is off by even a TINY BIT, they will REJECT it completely.

As for this Patrick Robinson stuff, I absolutely LOVE this skirt: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-9895364?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000OCDIZ8

So much that after wearing it today in blue, i went online and bought it in white.
:lol:

i got the trapeze jersey dress in lavender...super comfy and such a cute color. ^_^

i bought the khakis, long white tunic shirt, frayed linen/ramie jacket and black poof sleeve shirt but returned all those because the fit is not for a gal with curves....:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->