• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Patrick Robinson for Target

Come to think of it, would anyone who comes across the medallion print shift dress in a Medium, be willing to buy it for me and send it to me here in Boston? I could pay by PayPal. Thanks!!!

^Is it not online? If not, I'm going to Target tomorrow, and I could check for you. Just to make sure, does the one you want have the long sleeves, sort-of like a kurta?

rochasfille said:
^Is it not online? If not, I'm going to Target tomorrow, and I could check for you. Just to make sure, does the one you want have the long sleeves, sort-of like a kurta?

No, it's gone from the website, must be sold out. But yeah, that's the one! I tried the Large which was the only size my local Target had left, and it was too big, so I expect the Medium would be perfect. (I had a baby two months ago, and am still a bit bigger on top than usual, so the Medium should be good. Normally I take a small, but everyone says these dresses run unusually small on top.)

If you could get it for me, that would be fantastic! I'd really appreciate that! :-D

No, it's gone from the website, must be sold out. But yeah, that's the one! I tried the Large which was the only size my local Target had left, and it was too big, so I expect the Medium would be perfect. (I had a baby two months ago, and am still a bit bigger on top than usual, so the Medium should be good. Normally I take a small, but everyone says these dresses run unusually small on top.)

If you could get it for me, that would be fantastic! I'd really appreciate that! :-D

If you haven't found anyone to buy it for you yet, there's quite a few of the shift dresses on ebay.

This one hasn't been bid on yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Patrick-Robinso...0QQihZ007QQcategoryZ63861QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I ordered this bag - I'm thinking it will be a really fun summer bag. Has anyone seen it in person yet?

[target.com]
51MmsWaA-NL._SS260_.jpg

Lady-Penelope, I'm sorry to say, but all of the shift dresses were gone from my local Target. I agree about checking eBay - it's probably your best bet right now. :flower:

Although I couldn't find the shift dress, I did buy the medallion print knotted strap dress and the orange jersey dress with the grecian-inspired waistband. I can't believe I have found so many cute summer dresses (3 total) and an amazing vest for under $100! I just bought 3 comparable Vanessa Bruno dresses, and they totalled up to almost $1000. Target rocks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered the leather net bag, as well! i think it will be pretty large (it apparently needed to be shipped separately from the other items in my order) but i'm still excited for it.

i think a lot of the jersey dresses are very vanessa bruno in flavor -- i have a bit of her stuff in my wardrobe and it definitely compares!

I live in Tallahassee, FL... I bet things are still lingering around here... :rolleyes: Little or no fashion here.

I love the blue dress. But I saw it up close, and decided it looked better from afar.

Lady-Penelope, I'm sorry to say, but all of the shift dresses were gone from my local Target. I agree about checking eBay - it's probably your best bet right now. :flower:

Although I couldn't find the shift dress, I did buy the medallion print knotted strap dress and the orange jersey dress with the grecian-inspired waistband. I can't believe I have found so many cute summer dresses (3 total) and an amazing vest for under $100! I just bought 3 comparable Vanessa Bruno dresses, and they totalled up to almost $1000. Target rocks!!!

Thanks so much for checking for me, I really appreciate it! You don't even know me!

As for Ebay, I doubt it'll stay so cheap as it gets closer to auction end. But I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

I was actually pathetic enough to write to Target to ask about restocking, and here's what they say, for what it's worth:

"I'm sorry you weren't able to purchase the Patrick Robinson medallion shift
dress in specific size at your Somerville Target store.

We work hard to make sure we have the things you want and need on our shelves.
Sometimes sales of a particular item may exceed our expectations, even when our
buyers do their best to anticipate how popular it will be. Although this product
is out-of-stock right now, we hope to have it back in your store soon. Be sure
to call or stop by in a few days to see if this item is available.You can reach
the store by calling (617) 776-4036. Please refer to our store inventory number
for this item, which is 251-09-0323 when inquiring with your Target store.

The next time you visit the store, go to the Guest Services desk and ask them to
do a merchandise locate on your product. With the item number, the store can
search up to 10 stores within a 100 mile radius that may have the item you want
in the store."

Me either....I never expected that from a store like that. I ended up getting the bubble skirt and the pintuck blouse in navy. I'll probably go back to see if there are any dresses left this weekend.

I have to chime in about Target's customer service...it is really amazing! A couple of months ago I ordered a Proenza Schouler item which was subsequently canceled due to low stock. I sent them a polite email expressing my disappointment. Not only did they apologize, they sent me a $10 giftcard, and eventually even shipped the item! It arrived the same day that I got my Patrick Robinson order (better late than never) and I was only charged the clearance price, even though it had been sold out for quite some time.

I live in Tallahassee, FL... I bet things are still lingering around here... :rolleyes: Little or no fashion here.
Yes, that's a partial advantage to living in the midst of nowhere. But the disadvantage is that my local Targets never carry more than half the items from these GO collections, with Minneapolis probably being the nearest location to receive them, approximately 300 miles away. :cry: -_-

Why too many designers wanted to go cheap.... is this the end to luxury retail? But I'll be happy if LV works with Target for a series of cheap leather goods hahaha!!!

^I think it's great that high style is becoming available at a much lower price point. For a while there, I was really afraid that the trend would be a constant upscaling of what would be considered middle-tier stores like J.Crew, who used to be comparable to the Gap in pricing but now sells winter coats for $1200. I am somewhat of an elitist when it comes to fashion, and I in no way support blatant knockoffs, but I do believe in Target's credo that high style should be available to every woman. Great tailoring is so important, and good cuts are hard to find at an affordable price point, but I feel like Target is finally stepping up to the plate and putting an emphasis on these greatly tailored pieces that most mass retailers tend to dismiss in favor of trendy but ill-fitted apparel.

^ well put, rochasfille. i totally agree with you on what you wrote above.

i got the leather net bag today and i really like it. it's very, very big, but it doesn't hang too far down when it's on the arm, which is always my pet peeve with a bag. and i like that there is a protective leather bottom as well. the print underneath the strips of leather is very subtle, almost washed out, of a village seaside scene. you wouldn't be able to tell what it is unless you studied it. overall the bag pretty much looks as it does in the photo.

i also got the beaded tank in blue, which is soft and lovely, with a little shirring detail on the side covered in sequins, as well as the black cotton dress with the criss-cross back, which is a great piece, very soft and versatile. very pleased with the feel and cut of both of these...

i think this is the go international line that i seem to have gotten (and kept) the most items from...i sort of like that this line seems lower-profile than most.

I just picked up the white linen vest, which is super cute. I also bought a black shirt with a built in knoted necklace that is adorable. Has anyone seen it? It's actually detachable so you can wash the shirt. A steal at $24!

Honestly, I think it's overall the most wearable Target designer collection yet.

I'm actually enjoying these clothes more than the Proenza items. It all fits me well and looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->