Patrick Robinson for Target

Honestly, I think it's overall the most wearable Target designer collection yet.

I completely agree. I have not really purchased more than one item (if at all) from the other lines. I live in FL so the lightweight fabrics are so perfect for the weather here.

Just bought a dress in the medallion print; I'm a size 16 and the size 13 fit me great (good thing I'm not too busty). I'm especially impressed that the skirt already has a petticoat layer. It'll be a great casual dress for summer.

I finally got to see this collection in person, and am quite impressed. There were many items in stock at my local Target, including the medallion print dress (the most popular one). I ended up purchasing the medallion print bubble skirt, though I also tried on the bubble hem dress. It was really nice and fit well, but I knew I don't wear dresses often and that it'd be a waste of money, so I put it down.

The skirt I purchased / Dress I tried on
51T-pLpaGZL._SS260_.jpg
51xDZacmHvL._SS260_.jpg

target.com

Has anyone else had trouble with the jersey dresses being a little too big/baggy in the bust? I am a full C, and I bought the dresses in a size small before trying them on, and each time I have worn them so far people (my parents) have commented about being able to see down the front of my dress, which I refuse to wear a bra with since I don't really need the support, and I can't even think of a bra that could go unnoticed under those dresses.

I'm always have to remind myself that the prices of these pieces can't be beat, because the quality is always disappointing. Tried on a few things, and bought the medallion dress. It is so cute, fits me better than most of the go lines have and I love the finish on the sleeves. The seams inside are not finished as nicely as I would like and the fabric is a bit stiff which a washing should help, but for $35 I couldn't pass it up.

^The fabric of the jersey dresses is of surprisingly good quality, though I do agree that the other fabrics used in the line do look cheap, and a lot of the clothes aren't finished properly (poor stitching), but I'm not about to complain, because if I'm only paying $24.95 for something, I don't expect the quality to be anywhere near perfection. :smile:

I scored the long black pleat-front dress today. There was only one left on the rack -- a size 5-- which I did not think would fit me. Thank goodness I am small-chested- it fit me perfectly on top and the bottom was nice and flowy. I also purchased the medallion-print pleat-front baby-doll dress which I tried on and put back before. I had a bad case of shoppers remorse for not buying it which only worsened when I couldn't find the dress anywhere. This dress was a size 3 and still fit which is weird. I have a narrow upper chest--think Keira and Mischa- so I think this worked in my favor for this line.

would anyone who has purchased the Leather Net Bag be able to post a picture or two? if so i would be very greatful. :flower: i'm really interested in it but the pictures on the site aren't all that clear or big.

I just got one of my orders today, and I am really disappointed with the sizing. I think everything will have to go back unfortunately. I am very petite (5 ft 2, 110 lbs, b cup), and the blue strapless dress was too large in bust but too small in rear (size 3) and the mediallon pleated dress was way too small in the bust, but big in the rear (WTF). I am so sad, they are so cute, I really want them to fit. What is with the go line sizing???

I just picked up this skirt (pic from Target.com:(

41WXxJYv-oL._SS260_.jpg

I immediately changed into it to go to a critically lauded restaurant in Portland (Park Kitchen) with the hubby, and got a compliment from the hostess who loved the pleats. Mind you, I'd dry clean this, even though it's only $29 'cuz who wants to bother with the ironing. However, it fits great--not puffy or weird like some pleated skirts. Looks great with a slim fitting black top and ballerina flats. It's sassy!

thepeppers
I am so sad, they are so cute, I really want them to fit. What is with the go line sizing???

I was wondering that myself. I'm weary to buy anything online because the things I've tried on in stores have all had odd sizing. Sorry about your experience. :(

i think the patrick robinson collection also appeals towards older women which i think is nice. this is the first go collection that my mom has really liked. and ive seen it in fashion spreads in real simple magazine (a publication geared towards harried housewives) and shape magazine.

lucy92
this is the first go collection that my mom has really liked.

That's funny, because this is the first collection my mom hasn't liked. :lol:

The downside of this collection is the popularity of the medallion print means your'e going to see someone else wearing your very distinctive print dress. I saw at least 2 other women wearing the shift dress during my outings last weekend and one woman wearing the babydoll dress. I guess that's the price you pay for mass market appeal.

My linen shorts with the ties have a hole in them! This is only the second time I've worn them. :( I'm really disappointed. Maybe I could somehow get an exchange for another one? I know the quality isn't good, but this is a bit ridiculous.

^ I think that you'll be able to exchange them if you explain what happened. Target's customer service is surprisingly good. :flower:

I just bought the Canvas Hat and Leather Net Bag online just in case they're not there by the time I get to the stores. I hope that they'll look just as nice in person. I also want to buy the scarves and the medallion print tote, but I think I'll wait until I see them in person or when more reviews come in.

Based on the sizing issues, I think I'm going to look at the clothes in person and try them on in the store. ^_^

i really think they should start doing men's stuff too, if possible. I mean maybe not Proenza, but maybe Libertine...

I ended up buying the dress I mentioned in post #223, and in exchange I think I'll return the skirt I bought (also mentioned in post #223). I just had a change of heart, I guess. The dress is actually true-to-size for the most part, if anyone is wondering.

interview with the miamiherald

Designer Q&A: Not all cheap bathing suits are bad

Q: What did you do differently to make your Target suits so much cheaper than for other labels?
A: Really, nothing.
The difference is in the size [of the order]. When you make more clothes, it becomes less expensive for the manufacturer to make them and the fabric becomes less expensive. It's the same in bathing suits.
The difference between Target and Saks Fifth Avenue is that Saks doesn't compare to the size of a Target. You're making so many more. If they make a mistake, they make a mistake of 20-, 30-, 40,000 pieces.
So [Target's] attention to detail was just incredible. I've never experienced such brilliant quality control.
Q: What should you look for in a great bathing suit?
A: The stitching. When you take a good bathing suit and put it on, the fabric shouldn't crack and the stitching shouldn't crack. You want that elasticity. The worst thing in a bathing suit is when you fall out of it.
You want it to stretch with your skin.
Q: How was it, working with Target?
A: They taught me a lot about bathing suits. I came in with the knowledge of design but they came in with how to take the quality even to the next step. There's probably 10 bathing suits in the line. One's pleated. They took it and made it so beautifully and so technically ingenious.
Actually, they came back with something more intricate and complicated than what I gave them. They ended the pleats at the very bottom and the top actually twists, and they figured out a way to enhance the breasts.
I can't say enough about them. I've worked in the industry 20 years. It's one of the best experiences of my career.
Q: Any advice on buying a swim ensemble? A: Don't stick to just the basics, especially as a woman. Have fun with it. I took two patterns and put them together for the ads. You can do that, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->