Patti Smith

Thanks for this thread.... she is the absolute Goddess!!!! I saw her perform in St James church in London a few years ago and I cannot even try to describe the experience.... she was barefoot with just her guitar in a church full of lit candles... I thought I died and went to heaven.... It was a performance about artist and poet William Blake and she was also telling anecdodes from her life and how she has been inspired by Blake, one including an incident with William Burroughs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspired

Patti%20Smith%20Inspired%20Clothing%20NY%20Times%20Mag%20page%201.jpg

for the glorious, electric, rimbaud-reading, ever-powerful

I love this!

Patti is an amaizng performer and writer:heart:

Attachments

• 07822188292.jpg
    07822188292.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 499
  • andi_wuv_03.jpg
    andi_wuv_03.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 18
  • coney1.jpg
    coney1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 24
  • flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,137
  • patti_smith.jpg
    patti_smith.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 489
She doesn't look like that now :P .

She is a talented poet/singer, I like her. And, yes, she is Ann's muse. ^_^

Actually I found out from Patti that Ann and I share the same birthday (or at least somewhere in the vicinity). :woot:

tangerine said:
People say "beware!"
But I don't care
The words are just
Rules and regulations to me, me

:heart:i quote this every day (and try to believe it:blush:)

beautiful pictures everyone!

faust, i think she is still beautiful...i am always so relieved to see one woman who doesn´t buy in this beauty circus...

and i agree about the almost religious experience she gives people...
i saw her twice at roskilde (neil young and bob dylan were there too)
one time she was only reading poetry (blake also)...in a small tent...she kept spitting at people and gave a mind-blowing performance of rock ' n ' roll ******. what i love about her is that she is not afraid to be pathetic or to simplify...

spacemiu, who is the photographer of the picture with the flowers?
it´s awesome!

my mom is a huge fan of her, I'm not familiar with her music but I definitely appreciate her style, I love all the pics posted in this thread^_^ :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
MulletProof said:
my mom is a huge fan of her, I'm not familiar with her music but I definitely appreciate her style, I love all the pics posted in this thread^_^ :heart:

LAND would be a good album to pick up. It's a compilation. :flower:

addicted, space and jennifer..great pictures...thanks for adding them in... :flower:

I had to look hard at this one to be sure it was her...

Attachments

• malanga_patti_smith_sm.jpg
    malanga_patti_smith_sm.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 47
Well, this thread has inspired me to start listening to her again! I love her voice and her lyrics. I haven't read any of her poetry, etc, but the covers of her publications are intriguing...recommendations anyone? Are they hard to find?

Attachments

• patti.jpg
    patti.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 23
  • patti6.jpg
    patti6.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 29
faust said:
LAND would be a good album to pick up. It's a compilation. :flower:
oh thanks faust, I might get it today, I was looking for new music..new music for me anyway:lol: :doh:

MulletProof said:
oh thanks faust, I might get it today, I was looking for new music..new music for me anyway:lol: :doh:

Something tells me you'll like it. :flower:

tangerine and luxmode, i love the pictures!
luxmode, i have to admit i do not own a single book by her! tell me what you are finding!
i am addicted to horses, radio, ethiopia and easter...i own some of her recent work too, peace and noise, tramping, gung ho and o-i-forgot-the-title, the one with "about a boy" as answer to cobain´s "about a girl" on it?...but i always get back to these three early recordings...they are landmarks...for me.

all pictures by mapplethorpe

Attachments

• pattibymap.jpg
    pattibymap.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 26
  • pattibymapp.jpg
    pattibymapp.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 28
  • pattibymapple.jpg
    pattibymapple.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread