POP Fall/Winter 2006 : Kate Moss by Mert & Marcus

^Nope...there are two more...Hell's Angel was just the main one.... will scan later!

The rest of it is pretty unremarkable but I found this edit quite endearing - very Enid Blyton-esque :wink:

Eek Squeak Beak Freaks
Ph: Chris Brooke

]

Some pics of Agyness Deyn from the Judy Blame feature.

Ph: Ben Dunbar Brunton

All scanned by myself.

^Ohh, I see! :D Yes, Natasha is in an editorial within this issue, but not Snejana, I don't believe...

I like the Eek Squeak ed best of all.
Cruising is Natasha Poly.

I was hoping for more, but I'm sure I'll still get this mag anyway...!

^There's a lot of articles and interesting photography (not edits) that are still worthwhile!

Yup...the one in Cruising is Natasha Poly

^I want to know who that is too. It's really annoying coz Pop usually gives the name of the models but on this ed it hasn't.:doh:

^i'm almost 100% sure that it is Jana Knauerova @ New York Model Management

i like the Judy Blame pics posted by susie.. and i saw some terrible Kate pics from her editorial

somehow i believe its her own choice to pose half naked :sick:

I didn't think much of the Cruising title. However when I read that it was shot at Hampstead Heath I remembered that that was where George Micheal was arrested for cruising for anonymous sex, it seems to be a pretty famous spot for that type of "cruising", It kind of rubs me the wrong way not because I'm being prudish but because it comes off as trying too hard to be cool instead of only implying something darker under the surface.

^Um...I don't think it's trying to be that deep! Hampstead Heath is just a nice picturesque place - an easy access to 'country side' type space within London!

I think it's a shame they didn't include more on Heather Bratton, seeing as she had an ed in the previous issue. All there is is a sentence in the tiniest writing at the very bottom of a page. Mind you, UK Vogue didn't include anything at all.

'Cruising' is definately referencing whats has happened there, if you read the 'blurb', but I can't say that bothers me. I love the way they say 'the lovley Natasha Poly'

Hampstead Heath is famous for being a spot where gay men meet for anonymous sex - it's been going on since the 1980's and probably well before that.

I finally got around to flicking through a copy of POP - the covers look better in real life, in the store, than scans suggest because all the 'scribbled' writing gives them a sense of spontaneity, something the other magazines sitting beside them lack. However, I found the contents to be a dead loss - the main editorial appeared to me to simply be a long series of 'people in pantomime make-up' and nothing else in the issue stood out.

So thumbs down from me, on account of there seeming to be nothing breathtaking in this issue, especially considering the length of time I had to wait for it to come out. Given there's no monthly deadline for this mag, POP has plenty to time to summon up more genius than I'm seeing inside.

Saving my money for September Vogue Italia, and still hopeful that the next POP will be better. I suspect one of the reasons why I'm not so impressed with this issue is that it's arrived at the same time as innumerable other September/October issues which also offer pages and pages of content. If a POP like this came out in January, when magazines are as thin as a teenage model, POP would be the best thing on sale in the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->