POP S/S 2006 : Jessica Stam by Mert & Marcus

fleur137

Reaction score
The new POP is out!
[SIZE=-2]Posted on February 2, 2006 at 04:23:56 AM by Cathy
[/SIZE]
Just saw the new POP in the in the mag shop, hidden in the men's mag section - Stam on the cover, plus all the usual stuff inside - Iselin and Freja get the Mert & Marcus treatment, plus there's a Solve Sundsbo portrait series where various models (Stam, Lisa Cant) are like futuristic 'white light' vampires and freaks, all airbrushed creamy skin and fake teeth. Nice thick issue, lots of stuff inside. Guinevere's in there, as well as Gemma, and much much more.

Um, and when I say 'all the usual stuff' - that's the issue's biggest downfall. It looks like any other issue of POP, using the same photographers and inserting the models of the moment.

The creamy, simple vampire editorial I instantly adore, but the rest I could take or leave - and the final insult is that I put POP back on the shelf and bought Allure instead.

It's like POP has passed the point where it has anything new to offer. It's a solid production with tons of content - but I don't find it as exciting as I used to. It's not an impulse purchase any more.

Besides, I've already bought 6 other mags today.

(fashist)

Yes, excuse my shamefully rushed mention of the content over at fashist - I've fallen out of love with POP in a big way - but a seller at ebay.co.uk has the cover scanned. I have it linked to my mention over at fashist, and I'm sure someone can search for 'POP Stam' and post the pic here for fashionspot folk (I'm not familiar enough with f'spot to do it quickly).

Cathy

55_1_b.JPG

the ebay pic, courtesy of cathy of fashist :flower:

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]JESSICA STAM - cover star. Plus, inside, Jessica models in a large fashion spread with...

...GUINEVERE VAN SEENUS - both photographed by Mert & Marcus.

Karen Elson - models in a 20 page fashion editorial shot by Nick Knight.

GEMMA WARD - lovely b/w fashion layout shot by Nick Knight.

Lisa Cant, Heather Marks, Jessica Stam, Tom Gillard and Caroline Trentini - model in 'Angels', shot by Solve Sundsbo.

Jasmine Trinca - the Italian actress models in a 6 page interview with photos.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

here's a better picture of the cover:
popcover2.jpg
eurobrat.blogspot.com

POP
Iselin by Jansson
are u sure what she`s also by mert and Marcus??:huh:

1591_17693.jpg
ext_1591_17693.jpg

1591_17695.jpg
ext_1591_17695.jpg

1591_17689.jpg

Gemma Ward / IMG | photos by Nick Knight for Pop Feb 06.
Voila Gemma Ward in a sample of her all-Balenciaga 10 page edit in the current issue of Pop looming at a newstand near you. She’s taken to the camera like it’s second nature hasn’t she. (models.com)
gemmapop_01.jpg

gemmapop2.jpg

nice cover!
are you shure the iselin ed is actually shot by jansson? it looks very mert&marcus to me...

Mikael Jansson is creditted, but I guess it's mistake, because this is clearly a Mert&Marcus product.

Dark Noire said:
Mikael Jansson is creditted, but I guess it's mistake, because this is clearly a Mert&Marcus product.
don`t think so
cause it`s scan
the font it`s exactly POP
and i don`t think what editors could did mistake like this: mixed up 2 different (3 exactly) photographers:rolleyes:

I've just nipped to the shop for another flick-through - it really is Jansson who has shot that editorial, though for the life of me, I totally thought it was M&M. Instead, M&M have shot the opening edit, a hideous affair starring Guinevere and a mish-mash of clashing neon lights.

Years ago, POP used to be a must-buy for me due to the Mert & Marcus editorials, but because the duo are now working widely, it's not so special to see them in this mag anymore - and the Janssen edit is nice, but it does look like a second-hand rendering of their style.

Today, I also noticed, hiding at the back of the issue, a nice little series of pics of UK actress Billie Piper.

I went to the shop with the intention of buying it, so I could stop misinterpreting the issue and start doing a proper review.... but no, I'm still not persuaded that this issue is worth the money, no matter how cute Stam looks, face painted like an abstract cat, wearing a visor on her head, living in a neon universe. Maybe I'm getting old, but it's just not the sort of look that reels me in.

How would you describre the Mert & Marcus ed with Guinevere? Sexy, like the Pirelli cal, or more weird???
I've seen the issue but I hadn't the time to look at it, and I heard it was not that good, so I didn't buy it!

tigerrouge said:
I've just nipped to the shop for another flick-through - it really is Jansson who has shot that editorial, though for the life of me, I totally thought it was M&M. Instead, M&M have shot the opening edit, a hideous affair starring Guinevere and a mish-mash of clashing neon lights.

Years ago, POP used to be a must-buy for me due to the Mert & Marcus editorials, but because the duo are now working widely, it's not so special to see them in this mag anymore - and the Janssen edit is nice, but it does look like a second-hand rendering of their style.

Today, I also noticed, hiding at the back of the issue, a nice little series of pics of UK actress Billie Piper.

I went to the shop with the intention of buying it, so I could stop misinterpreting the issue and start doing a proper review.... but no, I'm still not persuaded that this issue is worth the money, no matter how cute Stam looks, face painted like an abstract cat, wearing a visor on her head, living in a neon universe. Maybe I'm getting old, but it's just not the sort of look that reels me in.

buwahahhaha Billie Piper for POP!!!:ninja: i didn`t hear `bout her very longtime
monkey girl
she has been non popular singer alike Jessica Simpson on the cover of british TV Hits mag:lol:

I have a request from my sister for the Girls Aloud scans, can anyone help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->