Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn to Divorce *Update*--Reconciling?

vmob84

Reaction score
Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn Divorcing

THURSDAY DECEMBER 27, 2007 10:15 PM EST
By Nicholas White
Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn Photo by: Lionel Hahn / Abaca
seanpenn240.jpg
Sean Penn and wife Robin Wright Penn are divorcing, their rep, Mara Buxbaum, confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

No other details were immediately available. The couple, who've been married 11 years, have two children together, Hopper Jack, 14, and Dylan Frances, 16.

Penn, 47, and Wright, 41, began dating in the early '90s and married in 1996. They also have starred together in several films, including 1998's Hurlyburly and 1997's She's So Lovely, directed by Nick Cassavetes.

"Marriage ain't easy, but it's great most of the time," Penn told Entertainment Weekly in 1997. "I love Robin. I've always loved her."

In the same article, Cassavetes was asked about working with the couple. "The beginning and the end of every day is how Sean and Robin are getting along," he said. "If they have a bad morning, Sean's broken up about it."

Penn's most recent film, Into the Wild, which he directed, is drawing awards buzz, with four SAG Award nominations and two Golden Globe nods.

people.com

Kinda sad, but there's been rumors for a long time I think, so no real surprise....

Actor Sean Penn and wife Robin Wright Penn divorce after 11 years of marriage :cry:
One of Hollywood's longer lasting unions, between actor Sean Penn and his wife Robin Wright Penn is over, as the couple confirmed they are divorcing.
The couple, who married in 1996, have two children together, Hopper Jack, 14, and Dylan Frances, 16.
According to People Magazine, the divorce was confirmed by the couple's spokesperson.
PennWrightAP_468x641.jpg

Divorcing: Sean Penn and wife of 11 years actress Robin Wright Penn are divorcing, the couple have two children together
Penn, 47, and Wright, 41, both actors, began dating in the early '90s and have starred together in several films, including 1998's Hurlyburly and 1997's She's So Lovely, directed by Nick Cassavetes.
Former wild man Penn who had a short lived marriage to Madonna said once: "Marriage ain't easy, but it's great most of the time.
"I love Robin. I've always loved her."
ShesSoLovelyMSE_468x357.jpg

Happier times: The couple met on a film set in 1991 and starred in several films together, including 'She's so lovely'
The couple have had a notoriously tempestuous relationship, and director Cassevetes when asked about working with the couple said: "The beginning and the end of every day is how Sean and Robin are getting along.
"If they have a bad morning, Sean's broken up about it."
Penn's most recent film, Into the Wild, which he directed, has garned critical acclaim, with four SAG Award nominations and two Golden Globe nominations.
dailymail

This is such a sad news.They'd been together for 17 years.

I have to admit, this one surprised me. Too bad for them, they seemed like a good couple.

The couple, who began dating in the early Nineties and have starred in several films together, have confirmed they are getting a divorce
Photo: © Getty Images
Click on photo to enlarge

The actors met in 1990, on the set of State of Grace.
Speaking about his relationship with Robin, Mystic River actor Sean once said: "Marriage ain't easy but it's great most of the time. I love Robin. I've always loved her."
hellomagazine !

I don't know what she ever saw in him. He is soooo full of himself, has such a bad temper, and is always on the prowl. Yuck.

Hopefully this will spark her to more work---I think she's quite talented.

This is sad. They were together for so long. They've broken up in the past so maybe they'll get back together again.

actually this is kind of surprising. they've been together for a while and they always seemed inseperable. at least by hollyhell standards.

Like the others, I am actually really surprised by this as well. They "seemed" like one of the rare Hollywood couples that were going to endure. Shame on me...nothing in Hollywood should surprise me anymore.

I'm not surprised...he seems wayyy to intense to deal with on a regular basis...

My aunt is a divorce atty in LA and says the busiest time of the year without failure is after Xmas

they have been togehter so long..why?

My aunt is a divorce atty in LA and says the busiest time of the year without failure is after Xmas

they have been togehter so long..why?

Oh my! I had no idea that divorce had a busy season! :shock::lol:

Though that's sad, it makes sense. People don't want to rock the boat right before the holiday season.

It's sad really. What does it say about our cuture when even a married couple who've been together over a decade, have gone through the new relationship drama and managed to seem somewhat normal by celeb couple standards can't even make it?

I'm not surprised...he seems wayyy to intense to deal with on a regular basis...

Yes it's sad to see a marriage break up but Sean "I love Jude Law" Penn always seemed to have had a sense of humour bypass and strikes me as a difficult sort of person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->