Single People - Left Hand Rings?

Fairfax

Reaction score
Do you wear rings on your left hand ring finger? If so, what kind? I'd like to get myself a nice and special ring and I am so tired of leaving that finger open for men to notice I am not married....... but is that silly?

What kind of ring would you suggest? I do love gemstones, but don't want to go through the "no, i'm not married, oh, I bought it for myself" thing.......

Or am I just being bitter/negative and giving up a bit of hope that "true love" and "Mr. Right" are out there? and maybe the ring is a "to hell with you" gesture towards the "should get married" idea?

thoughts?

I wear a jeweled ring on my thumb and then i wear i white gold band with with a gold heart on it from tiffanys on my ring my finger. try to wear someting simple on your ring finger and if you want some jewels either do your other hand or a different finger. :flower:

I wear a Tiffany "Wave" ring on my right hand and a diamond solitaire on my left hand middle finger, which is sometimes too big for the ring, then I swap it to the ring finger. I guess it depends on whether you mind people asking. (I did notice my parents kept looking at the ring on the left hand ring finger suspiciously, I like to keep people guessing haha especially parents :evil: )

This is a (little) bit unrelated, but I have seen posters here of a ring design that shows that you are unattached, ie. up for grabs!! The website is COID

I don't like the design (I'm not single anyway) but it's not such a bad idea, it just might seem a little desperate, or take the fun out of chatting someone up (I mean, if there's no challenge???...)

I always wear my favourite ring on my ring finger - it fits better than on my right hand "ring" finger. I so don't care - it's a mother of pearl ring and very big so doesn't look engagementy at all. I didn't even think about it being my ring finger until a friend pointed it out to me one day! :lol: :blush:

I always wore my rings on my left hand. I find that they're less in the way that way.

Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?

Yes, it's your ring-hand because you wouldn't want to put your wedding ring on your right hand considering where it might've been... :innocent:

"Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?"
end of quote.

According to a friend of mine there is a symbolic meaning to wearing your wedding ring on either your left or right hand.
If you wear it on your left hand it's supposed to mean it's a marriage of love
(left being the side of your body where your heart is located),
and thus making a wedding ring worn on your right hand symbolic of a marriage of sensibility.
In other words Heart vs Mind.

I wish she hadn't told me cos I wear my wedding ring on my right hand. :shock:

Originally posted by Hanne@Sep 4 2004, 03:42 PM
"Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?"
end of quote.

According to a friend of mine there is a symbolic meaning to wearing your wedding ring on either your left or right hand.
[snapback]356468[/snapback]​
It depends on the religion. However, everyone can have their personal interpretations, of course.
http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askrabb...weddingring.htm

Originally posted by chocsta@Sep 4 2004, 06:47 AM
Is there a difference between wearing rings on your left or right hand? Is there some symbolic meaning or something?
[snapback]356180[/snapback]​

purple is right, it depends on religion, and of course personal preference too. I believe that many russian orthodox wear it on their right ring finger. :flower:

Thanks for the info :flower: Since I don't have a religion, I guess I'll go with personal preference :wink: But its still good to know the symbolic meanings behind customs :smile:

I do, but it looks nothing like a wedding or engagement ring, and I wear rings on my other fingers as well.

There's a trend with single women wearing rings (esp diamond rings) on their right hand. The slogan is "Women of the world, raise your right hand". B/c married and attached women have rings from their beaus and wear them on their left hand, single women should have their own ring and wear it on the right hand. Symbolizes empowerment and independence. Oprah and Star Jones brought the trend to attention with the AH Ring which stands for Available and Happy. And the trend hasn't stopped. A Diamond Is Forever also promotes right-hand rings.

wear a ring on the left hand when you are married unless you want people to think you are divorced then i wouldn't advice you to wear it on the right hand either. just find another finger

I'm married (have been for 5 years) and never really paid attention as to what hand i wear my wedding band or all other jewelry. I'm originally from Eurpoe where the wedding band goes on the right hand. Here, in America it goes on the left. and if anyone is worried about a man thinking that you're married without asking he is probably not that interested anyways, or worth your time.

I wear on my left hand my wedding ring by Damiani(the same as Brad pitt and Jen Aniston rings), plus my engagement diamond and a small diamond ring from my best friend. On the other hand I wear just a big diamond solitaire from Harry&Winston, that my husband gave me as a present for our first anniversary.

My left hand ring finger ringless and reserved . . . someday, I hope there'll be a man and a ring for it. That still leaves me nine other fingers to dress up any way I like. That's my traditional American take on the topic.

nornor

I've been wearing mine on my right since I was 15. The only reason is that it felt more natural on the right than the left and 'til now i hasn't changed.

Some cases it is because your heart is on the left side.

I had heard from somewhere that a vein going straight to your heart is located on your left hand and runs from your ring finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->