Stephane Rolland HC F/W 08.09 Paris

I ADORE the black and white pieces and everything Alyona is wearing is stunning...especially the crown of thorns! My favorite piece so far is that bustier top made from sheets of white fabric with the black ribbon under the bust...that is TO DIE FOR! I think what I love most about this is that the hair and makeup is really grungy/ bed-head looking and it offers a nice contrast to the sophistication of the clothes.

For some reason though, a lot of this reminds me of Gaultier...I couldn't tell you why, really, but something about it just makes me think of JPG...

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel as though I should not like this at all but some if it is very promising. I love the idea of that purple chiffon boho gown with the jeweled rocker vest, even if the proportions of the dress seem a little "off"

This is gorgeous! :smile: I love the volume and detail and it's something I enjoy for haute couture.
Heloise is the only one I don't like, that really does look like something picked up from the cutting room floor as sethii said.
The bird's nest crown and piece was very Alexander McQueen, and that is something to be excited about always. :P:heart:

For some reason Haute Couture just isn't appealing to me anymore. It all looks like something from a senior project at Otis or Parsons.

gorgeous collection, if someone could post entire that would be great

Full Collection WWD.com

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of this looks very amateur to me, kind of like someone just learning couture.

It's got this "dying to be creative but still imitating traditional couture" vibe.

interesting...

i can see lots of influences from other/past couture collections too...

soundbelt, i think there's been a mix-up...aren't these another designer?

The jeweled crown of thorns is easily one of the most beautiful things I've seen all couture week. I like some of this a bit but I agree that some of it does look quite unstudied. How long as Rolland been doing couture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->