System Issue #1 : Nicolas Ghesquière by Juergen Teller

I love his interview finally a words from his side, wish him a very good luck.

Such an interesting read, love that interview. Love how he tells his side of the story and he tells it in a realistic way.

the concept of this magazine sounds genius! i've been waiting for a magazine like this, insightful and just a breath of fresh air. couldnt be more excited!

^Then I'll wait to purchase it from Newsstand.co.uk, as their shipping charges are much more reasonable than Colette's.

No sign of this in Magma yet.
Maybe London wont get it.

System Issue #1
The Archive of an Era: Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Fashion Editor/Stylist: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Models: Sam Rollinson & Kremi Otashliyska

selectmodel.com

this is soo beautiful even though another model might have been better i love it

I could read his interview all day, very insightful and intelligent. I for one am very excited for him even though I was in pieces over him leaving Balenciaga it looks like for him it had to happen and if this makes him stronger and better personally and creatively than I am happy. I await the next chapter :wub: but first and foremost I have to get my hands on this magazine!

as suggested by some users on this thread i just ordered it from newsstand. hopefully it's a reliable site? it's also on magazine shack, for those wanting more online-retailer options

tumblr_mme9cd7gjt1qzh86so1_500.jpg

blackberryvision.tumblr

gotta apreciate the sence of humor :lol:

as suggested by some users on this thread i just ordered it from newsstand. hopefully it's a reliable site? it's also on magazine shack, for those wanting more online-retailer options

It must be a good seller, because every time I visit those sites, the price increases by a few pounds. I'm still contemplating purchasing this...

Just received this issue in the mail. Had a quick skim. There is really good content here, not usually one to actually read magazines but a lot of interesting material. I'll try to post pictures of Nicolas's entire interview. Definitely worth the price.

Only negative comment I can make is how they presented his past collections in the editorial, don't think black and white pictures were effective...

Last edited by a moderator:
Such an incredible issue, the articles are very in depth and informative, the editorials have real thought behind them, I also liked that all of the people featured have a relevance in fashion and its not a mix of fashion and entertainment stars.

I'm quite shocked that none of the editorials have been posted in full, Andreea's editorial and the Balenciaga/Nicolas Ghesquiere editorial particularly.

This is ridiculous!

BALENCIAGA is reportedly suing former creative director Nicolas Ghesquière - following a controversial interview that was published after his exit from the fashion house, in which he criticised the brand's management. A spokesperson on behalf of the fashion house could not be reached for comment.

According to French business magazine Challenges, Balenciaga - which is owned by Kering, formerly known as PPR - is filing legal charges against the designer for "breach of duty of confidentiality". The offending interview in question - published in System magazine in April - was the first time that he had spoken out since departing the label. A Kering representative declined to comment on the reports.

In the candid piece, Ghesquière revealed that he decided to leave the fashion house because he "ended up feeling too alone", and as though he was being "sucked dry". He also accused the label of "lacking in direction" and claimed that he had a lack of support from the business side of the relationship.

Ghesquière and Balenciaga announced the end of their 15-year relationship in November last year, and the designer was eventually succeeded by Alexander Wang as creative director. Much speculation has been made as to what his next move will be - not least that he may be set to take the helm at Louis Vuitton when, and if, Marc Jacobs decides to step down - but nothing has yet been confirmed.
vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->