tFS Fashion Schools Mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo everyone

my first post :smile:

Ok, about Esmod, i have a couple of questions:

About the admission process: what does it take to be accepted? how hard is it? does it have to be in person?

Anyone here attended or is attending that school? any experiences on the good and bad that you can share?

I'm very interested to know because i'm planning on going there..been to Paris a few times but never been to Esmod.

thanks in advance!

Ok, I have question. What does your GPA have to be to enter FIT or Parson? do they even care if you have a 3.6 GPA? Also how hard is it to enter these schools? and one more question. Before I am positive I want to spend all this money on these schools, is there any good pograms in Texas that I can take so they can open my eyes even more to fashion world?

i would just like to tell you guys that this thread is really helpful and would like to thank all you guys who have put some sort of input towards it because it has definitely helped me out... thanks you guys.

Your GPA matters when applying to Parsons. It also matters that your protfolio shows a variety of media and subjects. It is a very demanding scholl with a drop out rate of 40%. My advice is work really hard make sure evrything up to par, and send it in. You will never know what you're capabable of if you don't try!!

Lena said:
why dont you visit their site aldo?

i have :wink:

what i mean to ask here is how good it really is, (especially when it comes to being the best in Paris), i'd also like to hear from students there, what is like to go there, good and bad points about it, that kind of thing..(things that you never quite see on anyone's site)

yeah

Qtinez7 said:
hello! I am new to this so please bear with me.

So i have some questions about some schools and would like to know some of your opinions...whether you've attended them or not, what you've heard or experience...all would be great. so what do you think about
FIDM?
OTIS?
F.I.T?
PARSONS?
any other schools that you have in mind that are good...please let me know

-Inez-marie

Hello! Well I'm still a first year student at Otis College of Art & Design. Everytime I walk around the fashion campus I am blown away by student work. The illustrations and the work they produce in general is so so strong, that I don't know how people don't talk about the school in these forums more often.
I'll make a seperate post of why Otis is great.

I think FIDM is bullsh*t, I say this because they run that school like a business. Growing up in LA they would come recruit at any high school that they'd be allowed to. They would come at least 3 times a month giving little lectures of history, design, and this and that but it has always been just to lure kids into thinking the school is great. but if they really were great they wouldn't need to annoy kids so much. I've known many students who have graduated from there and have said they regret it, and it was a waste of time and money. that most all students think that fashion is all about shopping and wearing designer labels. I have yet to meet one FIDM student who has left there happy! For the price of tuition alone at FIDM you could easily go to FIT, even as an out of state student, and cover tuition,housing, book and supply, and still have leftover money.

Does anyone know what great fashionschools they offer in Milan??? I plan on transfering over there in the fall or new spring semester

question!

i'm a senior in highschool right now and i plan to go into fashion but right now i'm not quite sure of which schools are good/bad?

i've applied to the art institute of dallas. i read somewhere that they have a good program for interior design but i'm not sure about fashion design?
---does anyone have any idea?

also, i've applied to FIT in nyc and Parsons. so far, i'm guessing these schools are pretty good since its being talked about. and its popular. i'm having trouble with my portfolio though. i'm not the best at drawing..so everything that i picture in my head doesnt look the way i want to when i draw it on paper. i'm practicing but i don't think i will be able to make the portfolio deadline. parsons is Feb 2 and fit is Feb 15.

i mostly have trouble with drawing the body structure.

if anyone can help me or give suggestions, i would GREATLY appreciate it.:D

Anyone Going To The Parsons Summer Program For Fashion Design This Year?? Let Me Knooow!

I almost applied to Art Institute Vancouver today, had the interview and stuff, but am holding off on my decision. I don't really know how I can ease myself into the fashion industry to see what I like doing, rather than dive into an expensive school commitment. Is there any schools that are decent that don't cost $40, 000 ?

I guess i posted this on the wrong thread, hope i get it right this time...

Has anyone some info on Berkeley NY on the fashion marketing and management program? It seams to me to be a good school with good connections and internships.
Am I wrong?

Yeah um, I applied to FIT early action but they seem to be taking their sweet time to freaking respond. It's kinda bothering me.

Does anyone have any ideas what subjects I should take if I want to get into LCF Management or promotions courses once I leave school! I would really appreciate the help because my career advisor at school is hopeless! xoxox

This thread is now closed. In order to provide you with more school specific or area specific information, we suggest that you go into the appropriate thread or if there is not one already, to please go ahead and create one. This will hopefully mean that your questions are answered quickly and you can find posts with all the relevant information you need. This thread will remain here for browsing. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to PM me.
:flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franckcl17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->