tFS Fashion Schools Mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykidkwis

Reaction score
Is anyone here studying fashion design? If so...what school are you in?

I have a friend studying fashion design at Parsons in NYC, I don't know whether that counts :blush:

Hello,

My name is Tashi. This is my first time posting here. I came across this site by chance and was thrilled. I had never been able to find a site where people discussed fashion in depth.

I am currently taking a French dressmaking course at a private school in NYC. My goal is to spend some time studying in Paris at the Chambre Syndicale school.

:flower:

I am :D. At BIAD though, haha one of my tutors tells me how its the best in the world!!! she can always dream.
After my course ( and when im old enough!) i'l be off to CSM or somewhere.

I studied for a year at AIU in London, I'm now going to Drexel University in Philadelphia for fashion. I plan on getting my master's at Central St. Martin's for knitwear. I'm in my second year of uni.

I'm taking Fashion design and merchandising at the Vancouver Art Institute in October!

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Jan 8th, 2004 - 4:06 pm
I'm taking Fashion design and merchandising at the Vancouver Art Institute in October!
hi

i studied international fashion in Manchester University . UK

i'm studying Fashion Design as well at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles, CA. i want to go for my BA at FIT in NY or study abroad at St. Martin's!

who of all of you want to be designers?

well more my question is where are looking at going to school?

i jump back and forth between advertising and designing but i like the hands on part of designing better.

i'm looking at more fine art based colleges like
MICA [maryland insititue of art]
Chicago Insititue college of art
Cooper Union
and then there's schools like fit, pratt, and parsons in nyc

hey you posted my post right before me. hmm...weird... whatever.

Rhode Island School of Design I hear has a pretty decent cirriculum too,with which you might want to take into consideration. NY designer Tess Giberson attended that one.

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 8th, 2004 - 8:17 pm
Rhode Island School of Design I hear has a pretty decent cirriculum too,with which you might want to take into consideration. NY designer Tess Giberson attended that one.
oh yeah that was one i forgot about. yeah i've heard it's the best art school in the country. i also forgot central st. martins.

Cooper Union, WOW you have high expectations hence its the hardest school in the nation to get into (even harder than Harvard)

Originally posted by loserunit+Jan 8th, 2004 - 7:38 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loserunit @ Jan 8th, 2004 - 7:38 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jan 8th, 2004 - 8:17 pm
oh yeah that was one i forgot about. yeah i've heard it's the best art school in the country. i also forgot central st. martins. [/b][/quote]
From the things I hear,its quite substantially based(creativity,expression et al)combined with the technical stuff. Sounds awfully similar to that of the Royal Academy in Antwerp. Perhaps,the most underrated of schools. But maybe that's a good thing? :wink:

Originally posted by Christopher31@Jan 8th, 2004 - 8:53 pm
Cooper Union, WOW you have high expectations hence its the hardest school in the nation to get into (even harder than Harvard)
haha yes i know.

their student body is like only 10% out of state. yet if you get in it's like a complete full ride. no matter financial situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->