The Clinique Make-up Thread

I've never actually used tried their mascara except once I did buy a tube c 2014 just for the beautiful turquoise tube!

My former boss gave me Clinique's High Impact mascara years ago because I kept getting irritated with pretty much every mascara I tried. And surprise.. it didn't make any difference, I still kept getting some crazy reactions if I happened to touch my eye a bit during the day. I've been using La Roche Posay's Toleriane for some time now and love it.. it's very gentle but does a good job.

Their Glossy Mascara in brown (specifically, lol) was one of the only mascaras I've used that made my freakishly blonde eyelashes look decently visible without going crazy. I vehemently refuse to wear black mascara. Most of the time I don't even bother with it anymore. It's just not meant to be... :tearsofjoy:

Brown mascara and brown eyeliner are both understated and underrated :grinningwsweat: Even though I have black lashes, I love using a really waxy, soft brown ultra thin brow pencil as eyeliner. Mistake proof yet gives subtle definition. Plus when things eventually smear or fade, one can't really see the migration @blueorchid.

@MulletProof Ah thanks! It's super budget and I can slather it without using a mirror. It goes on smooth and doesn't catch on dry patches or looking uneven, as with many darker lips colors.

I've not tried the Elf dupe but I can't say I've actually seen it in person. So many viral or new products touted by YT vloggers, I sometimes don't see them in stores until 6 months, even a year later. Or never! That Too Faced Skin tint, I went looking for it last summer. The Ulta SA looked at me blankly when I asked about! Never did find that Revolution dupe of MAC Face and Body after a year of looking! Ditto on the Too Faced Italian Spritz eyeshadow palette. Super frustrating!!

That Chanel lipcolor in Alive is soo pretty. I have the shade Burst in that other thicker, glossy lipstick formula. It's got an interesting cool toned iridescence without being chunky or glittery. I rarely wear mascara, even though I have short, stubby, downward turned Asian lashes. Regular mascara instantly smears on me while waterproof still smears but becomes impossible to remove once it transfers under my eyes.

@ellastica I bought Bliss You Berry, I happened to walk past the Cover Girl section at the supermarket and... well, here I am. I actually kind of like it. One thing I hate about Black Honey is that the formula has always felt too delicate to use? I swear, I had a tube of it nearly melt. This might sound like a backhanded compliment, but this might be a product I might by a second tube of to keep in my desk at work.

@ellastica I bought Bliss You Berry, I happened to walk past the Cover Girl section at the supermarket and... well, here I am. I actually kind of like it. One thing I hate about Black Honey is that the formula has always felt too delicate to use? I swear, I had a tube of it nearly melt. This might sound like a backhanded compliment, but this might be a product I might by a second tube of to keep in my desk at work.

That's why I own 6 tubes of it :rofllaughing: One in my purse, in my bathroom, in my pocket, wherever else I lose it.

Do you find the Bliss You Berry goes on smoothly and doesn't emphasize dry patches? It's a miraculous little tube. Plus the more blue leaning undertone looks better on me and whitens my teethe. I've tried like 3 of the other CG Clean Fresh shades but they were all meh. I never wear nudes, pinks or peaches, I'm very much a berry or punchy lipstick gal.

960.jpg

riteaid.com

Now that you mention it, that formula was very smush prone, when I used it back in the day!

I forgot to add, that I recently bought Black Honey but in the Plush Pop Cream Gloss with a wand applicator. It's not as orange-y warm and feels much less tacky than the squeeze tube version I used to buy. You might prefer this easy wand gloss over the mushy Almost Lipstick formula!

s2601961-av-8-zoom.jpg

sephora.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->