The Costume Institute Gala 2009: The Model as Muse

I wish Grace Jones was invited too;-))) she would be fabulous...

:o Anna Wintour you basically shot yourself in the foot (maybe you ought to try the face next time) and dug this event its grave because you f**king suck and make enemies left and right so those who would've been the relevant attendees bailed on you and b*tch-slapped you in the press. Also, you suck as a hostess/event chair by not enforcing a dress code so someone who would've looked hot otherwise (i.e. Gisele) made the gala looked like a Bolthouse production and those who meant well (i.e. Kate Beckinsale) looked like a tool who overdid it for prom. You are embarassing your guests. And btw, your dress sucked.

Kate Moss's outfit worked for me. It's not exactly beautiful or even flattering but for an event like this it just....works. We don't need another Eva Longoria aka boring and irrelevant in the house.

Kate Bosworth should've stuck to McCartney's original design (absolutely divine) and get a job. The latter applies to Diane Kruger too.

Hands-down BEST look (and perhaps most dress code appropriate) is Du Juan in Jil Sander. Miranda Kerr comes close but hers was still too clubby. Raf you are amazing. Thank you for making this world a better place with your genius.

:ninja: :ninja: not that i was a fan of the night as a whole... but seriously, that is a lot of hate for just one post!! :shock:
it's at least enlightening to see the bipolar twist in the end (the Raf part) :lol:

:flower:

:o Anna Wintour you basically shot yourself in the foot (maybe you ought to try the face next time) and dug this event its grave because you f**king suck and make enemies left and right so those who would've been the relevant attendees bailed on you and b*tch-slapped you in the press. Also, you suck as a hostess/event chair by not enforcing a dress code so someone who would've looked hot otherwise (i.e. Gisele) made the gala looked like a Bolthouse production and those who meant well (i.e. Kate Beckinsale) looked like a tool who overdid it for prom. You are embarassing your guests. And btw, your dress sucked.
I'm dying.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

cocohokkaido, Anna Wintour is on Line One...something about your appointment to burn in Hell... :shock: :evil: :furious:

Gorgeous! :heart:

Alek Wek in Emanuel Ungaro SS09
4tsqbm.jpg

getty, style

am i blind or did Natasha Poly and Vanessa Traina show up in essentially the same outfit?! they even styled it similarly with the ankle boots.

the new models all looked good, for sure, but none of them know how to work a red carpet. and as far as models go, very few of them took risks. sure, Daria looked amazingly hot, but she just looks like a model, in her mini-dress with ankle boots. it's almost a stereotypical model-look. they should take a cue from the huge posse of 90s models who looked outlandish and incredible at the same time. (i'm talking that awesome group shot with Kristen, Shalom, Eva, Amber, etc). these b*tches worked it out! haha.

i think what was missing from the event was GLAMOUR. there were very few people who showed up in old-school ELEGANT attire. (this is where i missed the presence of Nicole Kidman and Scarlett Johannsen, for example). people either went with COSTUME (Madonna, Rihanna, Leighton, etc) -- or RISKY (Miranda, Claudia, Shalom, etc) or SEXY (Daria, Gisele, Sasha, etc), or they fell on their faces with trashy or just plain disastrous (Cindy, Blake, Tyra, etc). some people really pulled it off and others just failed.

but, aside from Iman, i can't really think of anyone who did just straight-forward Hollywood GLAMOUR and really rocked it.

i thought that Kate's look was very appropriate to the theme. she was a model-as-muse. and she's been arguably the biggest muse to designers for the past 15 years, and she looked both sexy and glam and a touch costumy.

:o Anna Wintour you basically shot yourself in the foot. ... And btw, your dress sucked.

Objection, Anna looked amazing. :flower:

My top five.
1. Anna Wintour
2. Shalom Harlow
3. Du Juan
4. Daria Werbowy
5. Gisele Bündchen

My bottom five.
1. Stella McCartney
2. Lisa Airan
3. Madonna
4. Anja Rubik
5. Kate Beckinsale

Did they announce what the next years theme will be?I belive last year it was announced a day after?!?!?

also, just had to add this bit.

it's the commentary on the blog, IDontLikeYouInThatWay, about Madonna's look at the MET and it had me rollin!

"I assume there was a preteen Cambodian boy prancing around his house in pink panties and setting off firecrackers, but I have no idea what queer French dude dressed in a bedazzled Peter Pan costume designed this mess. Madonna looks like Mumra if Mumra was nominated for What Not To Wear. Seriously, zombies could have just eaten my parents and my neighborhood could be under nuclear attack and I could design a dress better than this."

cocohokkaido, Anna Wintour is on Line One...something about your appointment to burn in Hell... :shock: :evil: :furious:

Oh Boomer :heart:

The Vogue list is a complete joke.

I've had no luck finding more photos of the truely amazing Du Juan and Hye Park.

Tell her to leave a message and that my car is en route picking her up to join me (word is she's been much anticipated, VIP list style, down there).

Apologies to the Anna fans :flower:....I'm a huge Alaia fan so reading those rumors that were confirmed by various sources was infuriating. Rather than stepping up her editor game (IMO Vogue hasn't been too good for at least five years now), she gets caught up in high profile and seemingly petty drama which just perpetuates that idea of her being a power-abusing, much-hated person.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone- I just want to read a good US Vogue again- it'll be nice to re-subscribe and have it to look forward to every month.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
am i blind or did Natasha Poly and Vanessa Traina show up in essentially the same outfit?! they even styled it similarly with the ankle boots.

the new models all looked good, for sure, but none of them know how to work a red carpet. and as far as models go, very few of them took risks. sure, Daria looked amazingly hot, but she just looks like a model, in her mini-dress with ankle boots. it's almost a stereotypical model-look. they should take a cue from the huge posse of 90s models who looked outlandish and incredible at the same time. (i'm talking that awesome group shot with Kristen, Shalom, Eva, Amber, etc). these b*tches worked it out! haha.

i think what was missing from the event was GLAMOUR. there were very few people who showed up in old-school ELEGANT attire. (this is where i missed the presence of Nicole Kidman and Scarlett Johannsen, for example). people either went with COSTUME (Madonna, Rihanna, Leighton, etc) -- or RISKY (Miranda, Claudia, Shalom, etc) or SEXY (Daria, Gisele, Sasha, etc), or they fell on their faces with trashy or just plain disastrous (Cindy, Blake, Tyra, etc). some people really pulled it off and others just failed.

but, aside from Iman, i can't really think of anyone who did just straight-forward Hollywood GLAMOUR and really rocked it.

i thought that Kate's look was very appropriate to the theme. she was a model-as-muse. and she's been arguably the biggest muse to designers for the past 15 years, and she looked both sexy and glam and a touch costumy.

no they have different outfits. just the same shade and length ^_^

Natasha HQ pic :clap:

style.com

Attachments

• 270m.jpg
    270m.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member