The Eyebrow Thread, all you need to know and ask about your arches

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a natural brunette with dark full brows but im blonde now so i bleach and tint. which was fine for a while, i had my hairdresser tint them with the color she used as my root touch-up dye. but now im so blonde that the root touchup didnt do a thing to my brows. so i took it upon myself to learn how to tint.

disaster the first day but i was determined to get it right and it worked out fine today. the instructions worked against me sorry to say. i think sometimes even if you follow the rules and it doesnt work, dont give up and learn what works for you! i think ive got it down pat so next time it shouldnt be such a headache!

I was a major over tweezer in my early teens and my eyebrows never really grew back until I started using latisse :woot: I barley have to fill in now. The only problem is some of the hairs grow down and I keep plucking them before they get long enough to brush up. I'm trying to resist.

^ just trim the hairs the grow down with a small scissor. seriously its not necessary to tweeze them away or else itll be thinner and thinner

Urgh! I'm in the growing out stage because I'd prefer a much thicker brow. I've left them alone, but any suggestions on whats working for anyone in this stage or process right now??

I guess that using something like MAC's brow set to keep them in place. I'm using a coloured one now and it's helping me more than the clear one (I'm always growing them out).

^ what color are you using Ksanochka?

i have MAC Browset in Show-Off but i find it not 'air-proof' and not waterproof at all...by that i mean it literally looks like running mascara when wet! so its not great when it sprinkles/rains/swim. i do however like the smaller brush but that might be contributing to the fact that the brush always has too much product.

i do love Bobbi Brown's creme-gel. i just checked the official site and its back up. my shade 'Blonde' was off the site for like two months! now i have to go stock up. i love it because its perfect color for blondes-light grey brown not orangey like other brands. i find it longer wearing and it never runs down my face like MAC does when i washed my face lol i think it has to do with the fact that its a creme-gel instead of just gel.

I use it in Beguile. I have a long fringe, but although I have never dyed my hair, my eyebrow colour is darker than my hair and I don't like how it looks. This brow set lightens it a bit, so that it's more similar to my hair colour.

However, as my eyebrows are covered by my fringe most of the time, rain doesn't affect them, so I don't have such problems!

^ i used to have a short fringe when i didnt like my brows but now that ive grown them out i have nothing to hide behind. so i have to be really good at keeping them up or else lol

im picky about my brows being too dark too. slightly darker is okay but not too too much. generally, i like softer brow looks in color & shape.

the brow tint stuff i use is just okay. i think ive pretty much worked out the initial kinks.

it does have tendency to oxidize the days after so i dilute it a lot a lot and leave my brows a bit lighter than i want. Voila!

I guess that using something like MAC's brow set to keep them in place. I'm using a coloured one now and it's helping me more than the clear one (I'm always growing them out).

I've tried the brow set but the product clumped around the edges of the brush and it always left bow marks all over my eyes that I then had to clean up. Do you have this problem?

A warning about anastasias brow wax pencil - I really liked it, it keeps brows in placed and makes them look more polished than gel, until I realized it rips your eyebrows out.

Mhm... no. I take the wand from the bottle, clean the excess product (pulling it against the edge of the bottle, I don't really know if I'm expressing myself clearly, hehe) and then apply it to my brows. And I haven't had no problems at all yet.

Don't pluck'em too thin!

picture1rjw.png

ScreenCap from instyle.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have blonde hair but cool coloring and "blonde" brow pencils are always way too red on me. Can anybody recommend a good, slightly ashy blonde pencil?

^ i have light ash blonde hair.

ive used Maybelline's Define A Brow Pencil in Light Blonde, so far i think the color is pretty good :D

oo ive also swatched MAC Fling, its pretty similar in color to the Maybelline one. i think go for MAC if you want something longer lasting. i havent had problems with Maybelline one but i only use every once and a while and sparingly since my brows are pretty full on their own. if you are filling in a more of the brow or are very active then how long it lasts maybe more important for you.

I have blonde hair but cool coloring and "blonde" brow pencils are always way too red on me. Can anybody recommend a good, slightly ashy blonde pencil?

You can use any matte eyeshadow with an eyebrow brush to fill in brows, I've tried it and it looks just as good as long as you get a find enough brush. There are many more color choices with eyeshadow so you should be able to find a color that matches well.

my eyebrows are "short" i brought this up with my brow woman, and she said not to worry as longer brows would make my face look droopy. im not so sure...:unsure:

my eyebrows are "short" i brought this up with my brow woman, and she said not to worry as longer brows would make my face look droopy. im not so sure...:unsure:

I feel the same way about mine, which is why I'm attempting to grow them out but also because I'm hoping for a thicker brow. Since my eye shape is quite small though I don't know whether longer brows are possible...

Also I was thinking of taking pics of brows that I like when I find a decent enough beautician, has anyone else done this because I was wondering whether it sounded ok or if it was a bit ridiculous. TIA.

Marchessa, people have done that loads of times but keep in mind that it is best to find a brow shape that flatters your face (which is usually closest to your natural shape) rather than having someone else's brows no matter how much you love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->