The Model Agency (Channel 4)

Nearly time for the next episode:

Carole and Head of New Faces Annie are in New York meeting agencies to find out who the new, hottest models are. There, they will negotiate and 'trade' some of their own models to have the best girls from New York on Premier's books, and have them flown in for London Fashion Week.

Leomie, one of Premier's rising stars, is also followed over in New York as she goes from casting to catwalk, landing some of the biggest shows for NY Fashion Week, and beginning to realise her incredible potential.

Back at Premier, relations are strained between commercial booker John, the editorial bookers, and his boss. Issues are arising around whether the editorial, more high-end and prestige bookings take precedence over the less edgy but much more lucrative side of the agency.

Loved Leomie; looks like she's not with Premier any more? Well she's not on the website. Next week looks pretty fractious. I liked John, very focused and clearly worked well. Shame the lanky haired blonde bloke clearly felt superior.

Loved Leomie too and she was obviously more at ease with the being in New York than poor India was last week.

I'm really enjoying this programme - and there's The Great British Hairdresser with James Brown on E4 too at the moment. Lots of good stuff to watch.

Can't wait for next week...

Anyone know if episode two was uploaded anywhere?

I can't watch it :( it says: The service is not currently available in your area.

please someone upload episode 2!
thank you! :smile:

i like how they finally used a model who has actually done quite big shows. i am not really interested in the "money girls" part :( although the girl at the end was really gorgeous (the one whose legs they said were too skinny)

I was able to watch it last night from the US...I'll try to figure out which website it was. Had a heck of a time as the links I was finding kept opening up spam sites. I'll post it if I find it!

Went to my search engine and the probable sites have it removed already. You have to search for it right away after each episode and watch it before they yank it off of the sites...hopefully we'll find a site soon that will keep it active!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really loved this week's episode just like the last. Anne still seems like a complete sweetie and I also admired the way in which their commercial booker worked. Even though being quiet doesn't buy you too many friends, it meant that he was very successful.

Leomie is incredibly beautiful and her polaroids came out very well. Looking at her TFS page, she's been quite successful lately (Emanuel Ungaro pre-fall 2011.) Models.com named her as a Premier 'new face highlight' when they posted the F/W 11 show cards.

Very excited about next week's episode. This series has turned out to be a lot better than I expected and all of the bookers seem not be absolutely horrible as the trailers seemed to suggest.

I nearly burst out laughing when Carole said, "I hate this girl!" when they were looking at the NY girls who were placed with Premier. If I were one of them, I'd be so paranoid that she was talking about me after watching this.

I would like to see more of what goes into developing new talent, so far the show has been really interesting. Far better that show with Wilhelmina Models a few years ago.

I can't believe the call that Subreena was taking to confirm if the casting director had made a mistake. Sometimes the demands of the industry and consequently what is then expected of models are just out of control.

In the third episode tonight...

Madness has set in during London Fashion Week, as the agency face long hours and the bookers become increasingly tired and sensitive.

Tensions are rising between the editorial bookers, who have Fashion Week to contend with, and commercial booker John, who doesn't work on the shows. Sleep deprivation is clearly taking its toll as they resort to comparing their own head measurements to get through a long evening.

The gruelling schedule of castings, fittings and shows is affecting the models too. Top Australian model and showgirl Julia Nobis arrives at the office for the London shows, already exhausted from New York Fashion Week. Julia has had no sleep and it's the agency's job to encourage her to rest and eat, as she works through an incredibly successful week, getting booked on more and more shows.

Meanwhile, things are kicking off amongst the agency staff, as commercial booker John walks out of the office in frustration. The atmosphere continues to heat up as the agency bosses, brother and sister Chris and Carole, get into discussions on how to deal with his absence.

John's friend and fellow booker, Sophie, tries to smooth the situation between John and Carole but before long, exhausted from a week of long and stressful days, Chris and Carole get into an explosive row about how they should deal with John.

With the agency at the height of Show Season - frenzied with models, bookings and late nights - show-downs in the office are proving the ultimate test for Premier.

it's killing me that I can't find this anyplace I can watch it in the US...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->