Thom Browne Menswear

Well thats the thing the fit of the pants and the jacket are amazing. They are not constricting at all and the trousers are so comfortable in the crotch and ***.

As per the pant length that is a choice at purchase and you can easily get them done to have no break instead of showing ankle.

Etro, is that wool (I mean: rough wool) that you can see on the back of the SS 07's jackets?

Oh the bustles...I thought that is what you might have meant. They are removable and are layers of deconstructed/shredded vintage lace, muslin and tulle.

Im such a victim...

I just got 3 Thom Browne shirts at Barneys...Oh I also saw the man on 5th and 59th, he's really creepy looking in person.

Maybe this was brought out in the thread earlier( not that I think they are worth the price) but the suits damn near are Savile Row, in terms of quality.
He used to get them done with "Rocko" in LI City. I saw him there once. I don't know where he gets them done now, but I know the workmanship is/was pretty high quality.

Etro, how is the sizing of the pants? I might buy a pair of dress pants, but they only have "1" (no "0") so I would like to know if it's oversized or not. I'm pretty thin, I wear a 28 in DH - and I like my pants a little bit loose, that's why I don't buy 27s or 26s. Thx!

^^^I'm really interested to know too, I usually use 48-50 (italian) in pants (I'm a strong legs guy :innocent:), and 48 in tops. :flower:

Id say Thom Browne pants run a size small, I tried on a pair of shorts (hot pants, actually) they were a 3 and they fit, too short, though. What is a 3? I know a 3 is a 50 in shirts, so it would be a 50 in pants too, right? That translates to a 34, when I normally take a 32...WireArtist, Im in the same boat, I have serious legs, I just build muscle there w/o trying, these shorts on me...I looked like a streetwalker...

Etro, how is the sizing of the pants? I might buy a pair of dress pants, but they only have "1" (no "0") so I would like to know if it's oversized or not. I'm pretty thin, I wear a 28 in DH - and I like my pants a little bit loose, that's why I don't buy 27s or 26s. Thx!

I don't think it really matters what your Dior Jeans are becuase they are the polar opposite of Thom Browne pants. The pants are going to sit at your true waist or higher...not something slung low on your hips.

Go and try them on, I would not order them online. The shorts are also totally off compared to the sizing of the pants and then likewise the tuxedo pants have their own fit that makes it all across the board.

I don't think it really matters what your Dior Jeans are becuase they are the polar opposite of Thom Browne pants. The pants are going to sit at your true waist or higher...not something slung low on your hips.

Go and try them on, I would not order them online. The shorts are also totally off compared to the sizing of the pants and then likewise the tuxedo pants have their own fit that makes it all across the board.

Yes I know the DH comarison is awkward, but this was to tell you how narrow are my hips.
I haven't bought them online (can we buy TB online? where :woot:) but I've ordered them at Colette, and they'll ship it to me in a couple of days ^_^ it's a pair of brown pants (not the shorter ones though)

I guess if they fit me right, I'll order a pair of beige shorts... (although I NEVER wear shorts because my legs are too thin/smooth/white and make me look like a 12 yo boy :doh:)

How are the tuxedo pants? The sizing, and their looking? Are they aged (I mean, I don't really see a super sharp modern tuxedo when you speak about Thom Browne)

You are going to have to get at least one size bigger with the shorts.

When you say brown do you mean a dark dirt brown or a light khaki tan color? Between Bergdorf, Barneys and his own shop I haven't seen anything this season that is a dark brown color. There are some khakis.

The tuxedo pants, like the puffy ski pants from last season which I wanted, run small as well.

You are going to have to get at least one size bigger with the shorts.

When you say brown do you mean a dark dirt brown or a light khaki tan color? Between Bergdorf, Barneys and his own shop I haven't seen anything this season that is a dark brown color. There are some khakis.

The tuxedo pants, like the puffy ski pants from last season which I wanted, run small as well.

I don't know :blink: I haven't seen it yet. He said "classic thick TB pants with a normal lenghts, very dark brown". If I don't like it I'll return it to them. Fact is that I won't go to Paris until a couple of monthes, and I haven't seen anything truly desirable in next winter's collection, so I want to grab some while I can (I'll go and see if they have shirts with big cuffs though, because that's something I truly can't order online, being an unsizable person). I'll post pics next week after my exams.

So I've received my pants. You're right Etro, quality is outstanding... "handsewn" said my taylor, who now has to hem it (it's SO long :shock: much more than the usual unhemmed classic pants).

Oh, and it's a size 1.
And.... it... doesn't... hang... on.... my... hips :innocent:
Those bastards don't have size 0 but I guess it wouldn't make any difference since it's very large. My taylor is going to work it hopefully... I was going to order a jacket for FW 07-08 but I guess I will never be able to pull the smallest ones... Pants hem/waist can be adjusted, but the shoulder size of a jacket can't be adjusted without ruining it... :cry::cry::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->