TOP 10 Supermodels

it's pretty well known in the industry that the last Supermodel is Gisele Bundchen, whose career is bigger and more versatile than Kate Moss.

excusee me... but saying that gisele's career is bigger than kate's is like comparing frogs and tomatos!!!

you obviously need to remind yourself what kate did,how many campains,runways,covers,she is the ultimate superstar,not just a supermodel.

gisele started a new wave of girls,mostly from brazil, tanned and sexy, but at that point the term SUPERMODEL lost it's meaning.

you obviously need to remind yourself what kate did ...

... TO the industry.

I attribute part of the fall of the term 'supermodel' in the traditional sense to her. She brought a lot of embarassment and shame to the industry by looking like she was strung out on heroin all the time and making the industry look as if it condoned unhealthy strung out junkies.

The irony is that many of the bigger names are reported to have used cocaine and other drugs, but they never let themselves waste away to the point where they looked like street junkies you would find in a back alley. Even Gia, who died of a drug overdose (or so the story goes) never looked as bad on her worse days as KM did on her best days.

The general populous got all wound up in the world of supermodels with the big names of the 70's, 80's and 90's. Then KM and her look-a-likes hit the world and people looked at the industry in shock and disgrace.

There may never again be a true 'supermodel' in the strictest sense, and I attribute THAT to the KM genre.

the supermodel era ended around the time versace was killed...chrity went back to school,naomi was in rehab...
it has nothing to do with kate's 2005 accident,or whatever.
plus, have u heard helena's interview on moss?
you should, cos she would not defend kate, if she wasn't part of all that industry... and i consider helena a smart woman.
kate was at stake, she is no saint, but is she like the worst? no. many,many models do the same thing, just they are not kate. and if you are not kate, you are not the paparazzi target no1.

just to say it again, you have models and topmodels today.
but what was during the 90's, won't happen in a near future.

you obviously need to remind yourself what kate did,how many campains,runways,covers,she is the ultimate superstar,not just a supermodel.

hello, Gisele has more magazine covers than Kate, the 90's career of Kate Moss is pretty mediocre, she was never the favourite of anyone, she was the short girl who was always overshadowed by all those tall, curveous and gorgeous glamazons.

Last edited by a moderator:
the supermodel era ended around the time versace was killed...

btw, did you know that Kate Moss only closed 1 Versace show? that she only appeared in 2 campaigns?

Christy had more than 10 Versace campaigns,Cindy, Stephanie, Linda and Christy were the ultimate Versace girls so if you take Gianni Versace to be the father of the Supermodels then Kate Moss is not one of them.

... TO the industry.

I attribute part of the fall of the term 'supermodel' in the traditional sense to her. She brought a lot of embarassment and shame to the industry ...............................

wow, bravo! finally anyone says the things how they are :clap: I totally agree.

10.Gisele Bundchen (the only one who can even compare to that of the 90's supers as of yet)

9.Niki Taylor (everyone tends to leave Niki out but, she was MEGA popular and had both commercial and HF success)

8.Stephanie Seymour (she was everywhere, music videos,dating rockstars,HF model,one of the first VS angels, the current ones should thank her)

7.Tatjana Patitz/Karen Mulder (another one of "the girls")

6.Helena Christensen (wow, wicked game anyone? HF model, VS model, still around)

5.Claudia Schiffer (was a celebrity just as much as a supermodel, that means something!)

4.Naomi Campbell (Legend point blank, and still around)

3.Christy Turlington (christy is timeless, she had a model's dream career, and she is still around and kickin it. I think personally she has aged the BEST too!

2.Linda Evangelista (umm,no words, she is Linda!) probably the most wanted high fashion model in the 90's! everyone wanted or neeeeded linda.

1.Cindy Crawford (the most famous supermodel EVER! and most famous face EVER since marilyn monroe. everyone knows cindy. she was a major high fashion model,glamour model,bikini model,commercial model,superstar model,celebrity, etc.. u name it she did it!

quote from Vanity Fair...

"Carla entered the world of modeling just behind the first wave of supermodels—Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista. The phenomenon continued to explode with Cindy Crawford, Helena Christensen, and Claudia Schiffer. At her height in the 90s, Carla Bruni was in the top tier of supermodels"

Certainly Stephanie Seymour, Kate Moss, Giselle...

Carla Bruni was never considered anywhere near the same level of supermodeldom as Cindy, Christy, Naomi, Linda & the like. Had she not married the leader of France, she'd be lumped in with Tatiana, Yasmeen, Karen, etc. --- famous? yes. successful? yes. but not like the big ones.

Carla Bruni was never considered anywhere near the same level of supermodeldom as Cindy, Christy, Naomi, Linda & the like. Had she not married the leader of France, she'd be lumped in with Tatiana, Yasmeen, Karen, etc. --- famous? yes. successful? yes. but not like the big ones.

Maybe she was not as big as Christy or Linda or even Yasmeen or Tatjana or Karen but she always had a lot of publicity at least in Europe. And also, I think she was always kind of distinctive and unique in some way... and definitely she'd done much better than all these new kids on the block who are called supermodels these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->