There's No Place Like Home
Photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Kate Phelan
Model: Fran Summers
Make-up: Lynsey Alexander
Hair: Anthony Turner

UK Vogue Digital Edition

beautiful issue !!!! Thank you MelancholyBaby ! I hope to see a bit less of Fran Summers but she is perfect in "there's no place like home" though.

I was waiting until my issue arrived before passing judgement on the subscriber cover, but even now I'm still not sure if I like it. On the whole I think (once again) that the newsstand cover is better, but I have a feeling the alternate version will grow on me. I must say I was quite surprised at how low-energy Rihanna looks in her story. She normally brings it in her photoshoots, but something isn't quite connecting for me here.

Overall it's a great issue. The colours in Mert and Marcus' shoot are amazing, they really jump off the page. I also really like David Sims' and Alasdair McLellan's contributions, even if it's the same thing as usual from each of them. Age of Opulence by Charlotte Wales is my favourite of the issue though, it's just gorgeous. I've never seen or heard of Tess McMillan before but she really delivers here, it's so great to see some energy and great posing when a lot of shoots nowadays are so...slouchy.

There are some stunning images accompanying the Sarah Burton article; I especially love the landscape shot with all the tree trunks and Adut in the middle; the pop of pink fabric against the green grass is stunning. I think it's a really solid issue, although I can't really see much that separates it from some of Alexandra's stronger issues (which isn't necessarily a bad thing because she did have some real triumphs in her time) but I am surprised at how much #NewVogue resembles the Vogue that came before.

Wow! All the editorials are quite stunning!!! Thanks for posting them!

Look at M&M going back to their awesome roots! my favorite editorial from this issue, followed closely by Wales´ :smile:
Thanks for sharing!

I wish Anton Corbijn's ed was all in black and white. He is a master in black and white and that single picture has an amazing power.

LOVE Charlotte's editorial! Who's Tess McMillan?! She's fire! Love everything about it!

The "Age of Opulence" is fabulous, the rest, nothing to write home about.

Wow easily the best issue from Edward, he really brought it for Sept. Well done.

Surprised at how good this issue turned out to be, there are some astoundingly gorgeous photographs in here: The second shot of "The Age of Opulence", the shot with the red cape in Corbjin (I just rewatched "Closer" and have to agree that his masterful in B&W), Fran in front of that waterful in McLellan's.

Rihanna's edit falls a bit flat and I cannot help but feel that Sims' is too US Vogue despite the fact that Grace's styling is a bit edgier in this one. M&M's edit is cool...but it would've been cooler in 2007, I don't feel the individual shots are as strong as the ones in other similar edits they've done throughout the years, Anna Ewers August 2014 VP cover edit for example or Razzmatazz with Anja Rubik for Love.

Hopefully this a sign of good things to come for this magazine and september issues in general.

Love "There's No Place Like Home" "The Age Of Opulence." Both are stunning editorials. I think I'll be buying this issue :heart:

Did Edward hack into American Conde's RM Shared to find the file 'How to do a September issue for Vogue on Autopilot'? It's not an awful issue, but it's generic as hell. Surprised to see people here so enthralled...

David Sims edit looking like a reject from US Vogue (before it became pure sh*t), M&M's not quite there yet editorial and Alasdair's same editorial he's been doing this entire decade (love Fran though). Then you have Corbijn's story. Don't get me started...it's a bloody big deal to get Anton to shoot a fashion story full-stop, so why pair him with a nobody stylist like Poppy Kain? Even if this was essentially a McQueen advertorial. That story should have been Grace's.

Oh well, this will probably be better than most other Septembers we see, probably miles above i-D under Anna Wintour, I mean US Vogue.

The Age of Opulence, easily the best editorial I've seen out of any September issue so far.

The Age of Opulence, like it so much!

The Age of Opulence, easily the best editorial I've seen out of any September issue so far.

Charlotte Wales has been a favourite of mine for a couple of years now. Her films for American Vogue have been fab. Her POP covers and stories are always strong. Very pleased for her.

Will definitely buy this issue – and for a lot more than $2. Lucky Brits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->