US Harper's Bazaar November 2012 : Nicole Kidman by Terry Richardson

The editorial is neat but I wonder what Nicole would have thought about it...the cover is really flat. The retouching is woeful. She looks wierd. The eyes and that pursed mouth. Shudder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Terry Richardson and Harper's bazaar just do not translate. All that shock and awe factor without the shock certainly leaves no awe.

yes this is the ed i was talking about! i kept on googling terry richardson kate moss and couldn't find it / too lazy to go check on his book. It's a terrible deja-vu

Indeed, it's pretty bad. At least Kate Moss' had variation, with some close-ups or portrait shots and different settings. Poor Nicole looks like a prop in an ed devoted to monster trucks :ninja: :lol:

oprah winfrey by terry richardson

1zpgrau.gif

23l1pj5.jpg

2drz5gg.jpg

full article here...

harpersbazaar.com

Kind of wish they'd used that thumbs up Oprah picture for the cover.

She looks weird in the first picture with the white suit, but the last two are nice.

They would sell much more if they had Oprah on the cover...but really? Terry shooting Oprah...I mean

So much Botox, face fillers, airbrushing on Nicole that it is bland, boring but predictable. Even Oprah doesn't look like Oprah. Wake up American celebrities; if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. It's a terrible message you send to women... that who you are naturally is just not good enough. Please, before anyone bashes my comment, if you're younger than springtime, you'll have to get here to understand.

kidman looks strange in her ed, it doesn`t suit her mood or age. there should be a large smile, silly emotions and poses and young girl in this location and clothes...and i see faded flat dame feeling uncomfortable but tend to look relaxed and calm

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...they sud have put Oprah on the cover instead!! With the red coat but from Comme des Garcon! Luv it!

I have yet to realize why HB loves Richardson so much.
He's got his own style, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
But variety is the spice of life, they should really give someone else a chance.

"Black White & Red All Over"

Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Julia von Boehm
Hair: Yannick d'Is
Make-up: Francelle
Manicure: Rica Romain using Chanel

Model: Saskia de Brauw (Dutch. Born on April 17th, 1981. Agencies: Viva and DNA)

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

They actually got a S/S 13 Marc Jacobs outfit in a November issue of Bazaar? But I guess considering the show happened in early September, but still....Craziness....

"In Living Color"

Photographer: Terry Richardson
Fashion Editor: Leslie Lessin
Hair: Dennis Lanni for Nexxus Salon Hair Care
Hair Color: Lena Ott
Make-up: Frank B.
Manicure: Michina Koide

Model:
Chloe Norgaard (American. Born on June 25th, 1989. Agency: One Management)

Celebrity:
Beatrix Ost (American film producer and actress. Born in 1940 in Germany)

^Nice edit, the styling is very striking and Saskia looks gorgeous

"Daring"

Photographer: Victor Demarchelier
Fashion Editor: Joanna Hillman
Hair: Teddy Charles for Orlo Salon
Make-up: Yumi Mori for Chanel Beauté
Manicure: Michina Koide for Chanel
Article: Joan Juliet Buck

Model: Jacquelyn Jablonski (American. Born on April 4th, 1991. Agency: Elite)

"Black White & Red All Over"

Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Julia von Boehm
Hair: Yannick d'Is
Make-up: Francelle
Manicure: Rica Romain using Chanel

Model: Saskia de Brauw (Dutch. Born on April 17th, 1981. Agencies: Viva and DNA)

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->