US Harper's Bazaar October 2010 : Drew Barrymore by Mark Seliger

she looks sort of photoshopped on the cover but the ed is very glitz and glam. I quite like it.

She looks photoshopped on the cover, so non-natural, but she looks beautiful in the ed.

Rosetta and Balthazar Getty are featured in this month's Bazaar Fashionable Life. Does anyone know anything else about the content of this issue, especially editorial wise?

She looks great! Her ed is freaking gorgeous! One of the most beautiful celeb eds so far.

In this issue there's a feature on Donna Karan and an editorial with 6 actresses: Cheryl Ladd, Camila Belle, Ashley Greene, Jacquelyn Bisset and another actress whose name I can't remember. It's their "Fashion for Every Age" feature. Does anyone else know a little more about this issue? It seems to be the most secretive issue of Bazaar in ages, which may be a bad sign. I hope the editorials are good, though.

The subscribers' cover is really good. Thank you so much for posting, tarsha. Really looking forward to editorial content.

Yess is better of the other

Saw this at store, didn't buy though. Some eds I remember...

Tati and another model?
Abbey Lee shot by Lagerfeld, no Baptiste though haha
Samantha Grand...? Shot by Camilla Akrans...typical Akrans

Much prefer the subs cover. So happy i'll be getting that one. Subs cover + ed are perfection.

How long can Akrans do "typical Akrans" before mags get sick of it?

How long can Akrans do "typical Akrans" before mags get sick of it?
Very well put. I myself feel totall blah about her style now and would love to see her do something different but maybe she just isn't capable of it or is entrapped in her own style.

It's just depressing that there aren't really many (any?) talented fashion photographers working for this magazine anymore.

Models eds...

The New Classics
photographer: Benjamin Alexander Huseby
models: Tati Cotliar and Melissa Tammerijn
fashion editor: Jacob K

The Bill Chill
photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
models: Abbey Lee Kershaw, Brad Kroenig, and Sebastian Lund
fashion editor: George Cortina

What's Next
photographer: Camilla Akrans
model: Samantha Gradoville
fashion editor: Franck Benhamou

^thanks for the details. The casting sounds good.

I like the subscriber's cover better. But I'm positively suprised with the Drew's editorial. It's really pretty.

It's just depressing that there aren't really many (any?) talented fashion photographers working for this magazine anymore.

I keep saying, the magazine should capitalise on this loss by getting in some young photographers, to become the mainstream American magazine where you're likely to see some new visual signatures from up-and-coming names. Perhaps the subject matter might not change much, but there'll be a sense of fresh blood and people finding their own ways of tackling the same old themes.

It might restore a bit of buzz about the magazine, without unsettling things too much - and you probably wouldn't have to pay them as much either - while the new names get their chance to tackle more commercial themes, and produce regular output that reaches a greater number of people. Seems win-win for everyone.

But if the magazine is intent on turning itself into some sort of monthly - and even that can't be relied upon - tabloid, there won't be a need to do this sort of thing, because it won't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evelynnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->