US Marie Claire April 2018 : Alicia Vikander by Thomas Whiteside

serendipity8777

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

kevinkkelly1 on ebay

At least better than VOGUE.

That’s not say much. Honestly every cover makes her more and more insufferable. If have yet to read a single interview. Nobody cares.

This girl is so cute and so overrated. She's literally everywhere and this is getting boring. Hope we won't see her til 2019.

This is much better than her other covers but it’s too much, she’s everywhere. I can’t wait for her Louis Vuitton contract to end because this is ridiculous. She has worn every piece of their S/S 18 collection on various magazine covers.

At least better than VOGUE.

Yet, but way more dated! This looks an early 00s Marie Claire cover. God knows this magazine had their fair share of garish messes around that time.

This girl is just cannot live up to all the hype that surrounds her. At least not in print. As it is she should never have gotten that role. She's got about as much sex appeal as blanched spinach. I can't imagine the Tomb Raider fanboys are very happy with the casting choice.

Its just far too much - she's reaching Adwoa Aboah levels of annoyance for me which is actually a shame because this is one of the few decent covers she's produced.

It's her best cover yet. All she needed was just a little more attitude in the eyes an it would have been a knockout.

Finally they didn’t photoshop her face! LOL I also hope it's her last cover for a while. Overexposition is never a good thing.

Yet, but way more dated! This looks an early 00s Marie Claire cover. God knows this magazine had their fair share of garish messes around that time.

This girl is just cannot live up to all the hype that surrounds her. At least not in print. As it is she should never have gotten that role. She's got about as much sex appeal as blanched spinach. I can't imagine the Tomb Raider fanboys are very happy with the casting choice.
The Tomb Raider fanboys who have played and liked the last rebooted games know that the hyper-sexualized Lara Croft played by Jolie is not the Lara Croft of the new movie. So far Vikander and her stamp on the character are being acknowledged as the best thing about this operation.

It's better than BAZAAR :lol:

I kinda dig it. It's very early 2000 MC and reminiscent of '90s MC budget buys layout.

Photographed by Thomas Whiteside

april2018-webcover-1520975727.jpg

marieclaire.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It's her best cover yet. All she needed was just a little more attitude in the eyes an it would have been a knockout.

I'm with you! This is definitely the best Alicia's looked on a magazine cover in recent months. It's just simple, effortless, straight to the point and no signs of bizarre post-production. Nice one (again), Marie Claire!

I agree as well. I think the cover is great. The ed on the other is dreadfully boring.

V FOR VIKANDER
Photographer: Thomas Whiteside
Stylist: Alison Edmond
Hair: Christopher Naselli
Make-Up: Kate Lee
Model/Celebrity: Alicia Vikander

BTS:

US Marie Claire Digital Edition

marieclaire.com/celebrity/a19423570/alicia-vikander-april-2018-cover/

P.S. I've just watched the Tomb Raider a few days ago, and - WOW! Finally a video game movie that is so much fun & exciting as well as crafted beautifully. Overall, a solid story with great action and some surprises I wasn't expecting. Alicia Vikander simply crushed it as (the new) Lara Croft!

DUEL IN THE SUN
Photographer: Jesse Laitinen
Stylist: Anne-Sophie Thomas
Hair: Pierre Saint Sever
Make-Up: Lili Choi
Model: Crista Cober

US Marie Claire Digital Edition

COME UNDONE
Photographer: Jack Waterlot
Stylist: Alison Edmond
Hair: Luke Chamberlain
Make-Up: Sir John