US Marie Claire October 2018 : Nicole Kidman by Thomas Whiteside

Oh my god, they couldn't have done worse than this.

Are you sure this isn't the October issue for Hustler Magazine?

Are you sure this isn't the October issue for Hustler Magazine?

Wait, Hustler, the rite of passage for every teen boy pre 1999 still exists? Lol.
You are right though, it indeed looks like an old Hustler cover.

Editorial and cover shot by Thomas Whiteside, styling by Joseph Errico.
Hair and makeup by Italo Gregorio and Angela Levin
Manicurist by Tara Finley

Source email from Hearst Magazines

Marie Claire October (3) - Image Credit Thomas Whiteside.jpg Marie Claire October (5) - Image Credit Thomas Whiteside.jpg Marie Claire October (6) - Image Credit Thomas Whiteside.jpg mcx100118fe-coverstory-001-wm-1536697823.jpg OCT_Cover.jpg

the cover is an homage to a helmut newton vogue shoot with lisa taylor i believe.

I see it, although I think it's less an homage and more of a cheap ploy to fire up articles on the internet about whether it's feminist to sit with legs apart on the cover of a fashion magazine.

Will anybody take the bait?

Do you remember when she did a red-on-red cover for US Vogue, around the time of Moulin Rouge? She looked like a brooding vampire, glaring out from the front of the December issue. Those were the days...

I opened a bunch of tabs, one for each new issue thread I hadn't yet seen, and when I finally looked at this one I saw the photo before I re-read and recalled the cover subject. I genuinely thought "oh wow, Naomi Watts dyed her hair and got airbrushed to death!"

the cover is an homage to a helmut newton vogue shoot with lisa taylor i believe.

Thanks! I know it's just Marie Claire, but they couldn't just this once have put a bit more creative effort into the shoot? Especially if they're going to celebrate her career?

The magazine was wise and crafty enough not to release the first cover on their Insta. Thomas Whiteside has gone right off and probably deserve to shoot for lower tier magazines such as MC.

i watched a short video MC posted from the shoot and Nicole indeed does have the red red hair and sort of actually looks the same as the finished product.. so i think it's not just photoshop but also the hair and styling that makes it look off.

Got this in the mail today. 196 pages total, 61 of which are a flip cover "beauty issue"

Review:

"After Six"
P: Carlijn Jacobs
S: Imruh Asha
M: Marie Fofana

" Indigo Girl"
P: Van Mossevelde + N
S: ?
M: Bette Franke

"Field Day"
P: David Roemer
S: Jayne Pickering