US Marie Claire July 2018 : Amy Adams by Brigitte Lacombe

serendipity8777

Reaction score
VlUkzCf1_o.jpg

kevinkkelly1 on ebay

The title alone had me intrigued until I saw the picture! Quite a let-down. I do like the VP-lite font, it's beginning to work for them. Hopefully there's a better cover.

it really captures the delicateness of her features! the new art direction is starting to grow on me.

Interesting choice, I quite like it. This is a reminder that Sharp Objects must be coming out soon.

For me, this is a exquisite shot, all about subtle colours and gently flattering make-up - the quiet counterpart to the louder Luna Bijl cover look.

Brigitte Lacombe is the most uneventful, lifeless and boring photographer ever.

They had to crop Lacombe's work to make it look remotely interesting.
Don't tell me Amy is now a Dior spokesperson? Can't imagine Marie Claire being able to afford a photographer like Lacombe.

The thing about Lacombe is that she wasn't always this bad. I liked her film stills, a lot. But thinking about it now, she probably had all the other elements on hand. It's not like she had to think all that hard to pull it together since the setting was provided by a film team. All she had to do was look for angle and direct the subject.

US Marie Claire doesn't receive the recognition it deserves! We've had some beautiful covers over recent months and this is no exception. Amy has photographed beautifully here by Brigitte Lacombe, and the colours in the newsstand cover are wonderful. I love how they went with an unconventional image too!

Got this in the mail today. 128 pages

Review:

"Chasing Amy"
P: Brigitte Lacombe
S: J. Errico
Celeb: Amy Adams

"Fresh Direct"
P: Jesse Laitinen
S: Enrique Campos
M: Afrodita

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics