• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

US Vogue December 2008 : Jennifer Aniston by Craig McDean

Hope this wasn't posted...
Caroline Trentini by Steven Klein

scanned by me

Here's what she says in US Vogue December about having her portrait painted by Francesco Clemente.

A Closer Look
Natalia Vodianova reveals what makes the gaze of the artist so seductive

We started at 11AM, after having chatted over coffee for an hour beforehand. I ended up sitting for Francesco for five hours. I was meant to be going to a shoot, but I couldn't really say, "Oh, I need to be somwhere else." As he worked, I would ask him the occasional question, but other than that we were silent -- the only other sound was a CD mix of Cuban music that he played over and over again. When you're being painted, the sense of intimacy is so strong; it was the most intimate moment I've ever had with my work. As a model, you understand that the changing moment is vital, but this meant holding the moment for hours. It's like meditation; you forget about the rest of the world; you forget that you have a husband, children. I didn't see the portrait until he had finished. When I looked, I almost felt embarrassed; how should I react to this image of myself? He asked if I liked it, and I told him I loved it. He'd captured my idea of myself, of who I am. Francesco's portrait wasn't about what I have achieved in my life, or me as a mother or a wife. It's a celebration of me as a woman.
source | typed by MMA from US Vogue December 2008

:flower:

The CoCo scan is amazing..........The best editorial of US vogue this year~
And the only good thing they have done this year~hahaha

i love the Francesco Clemente and Natalia editorial. this is not a bad issue, love the model cast in shine a light, it's a pity that they chose that shot of jennifer for the cover. any of her other shots were better than the cover, imo

It is a good issue overall, Natalia's feature is so nice, thanks t-rex

Caroline's Health picture is so ANTM though :lol:

Jennifer Aniston on the Vogue headline
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b71495_aniston_on_motherhood_its_something_i.html

However, what she clearly doesn't long for is the ongoing drama surrounding her, her ex-hubby Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, citing in particular the recent issue of Vogue magazine that highlighted Jen's quote, "What Angelina did was very uncool," on its cover.

"I was just surprised that Vogue would go so tabloid," she says, insisting the so-called slam was taken out of context. "I was bummed. But you almost expect it. Big deal. Done. Next."

I got this issue yesturday and I am actually surprised at how much I like it.
The contents is better usual.

Love what Jen said, its totally true, it was just a cheap thing of Vogue to do, and i love her attitude.

Haha I admit I love what she said. I will get the issue, but I think I'll have to wait a week or so longer til I get home (it's more economical for me that way :lol:)

"I was just surprised that Vogue would go so tabloid," she says, insisting the so-called slam was taken out of context. "I was bummed. But you almost expect it. Big deal. Done. Next."

:rolleyes::innocent:

she's still talking about this?
honestly, does anyone care? :lol:

LA VIE EN POSE
Natalia Vodianova
Hair: Garren
Makeup: Gucci Westman
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz

source | scanned by sister-d @ bwgreyscale

I FINALLY got the issue and I'm quite impressed. I like Leibovitz's ed a lot more than originally (but it's still got some weak shots), also Demarchlier's ed has amazing styling, I don't loveeee McNeil's edit as much as I originally did though :(

Yes, I was at a loose end today - this is what birthdays are like when you're 34 - and bought this issue, and I really did like it more than I thought I would.

I think it's because scans are abstract snippets, whereas holding the magazine in your own hands, you see the flow between the different editorials, how they contrast with each other, as you turn the pages. There was a decent range of content here, and an effort to include different faces, like Lakshmi and Oluchi.

I came away thinking I should buy US Vogue more often, and considered writing a letter to the magazine, letting them know why.

Not sure if anyone is even still subscribed to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could explain why most of the dresses in Coco's ed aren't from the runway?

The Alexander McQueen dress (the red one) looks like it could be from FW08 but it wasn't actually there (although the shoes were?) and the pressed petal full-body stocking underneath is very similar to SS09 in fact the flowers are exactly the same, but no full body stocking was shown in the show

This also applies to the Dolce dress which resembles pieces in FW06 and the Nina Ricci, pieces from SS09

The only piece I could find is the Lacroix which is from FW08 couture

Did Vogue have the dresses custom made? I'm very confused because other pieces in all of those collections would have worked just as well!

Not sure if anyone is even still subscribed to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could explain why most of the dresses in Coco's ed aren't from the runway?

The Alexander McQueen dress (the red one) looks like it could be from FW08 but it wasn't actually there (although the shoes were?) and the pressed petal full-body stocking underneath is very similar to SS09 in fact the flowers are exactly the same, but no full body stocking was shown in the show

This also applies to the Dolce dress which resembles pieces in FW06 and the Nina Ricci, pieces from SS09

The only piece I could find is the Lacroix which is from FW08 couture

Did Vogue have the dresses custom made? I'm very confused because other pieces in all of those collections would have worked just as well!

the editorial was shot months after the runway show. perhaps no buyers/editors or big league rich-lady shoppers were interested in those particular particular runway designs.

a lot of brands sell entirely different products than those shown on a runway. for example, they hem a dress short or use entirely different materials to save money.

lucy92 is absolutely right. a show is theatre for the designer and only a smattering of what will appear in stores, if at all. if buyers aren't interested in a particular look, editors won't photograph the pieces so when looking at shows, don't take them too literal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->