US Vogue September 2018 : Beyoncé by Tyler Mitchell

It says that it was suggested by Raul Martinez...So it was Vogue’s decision. It was a safe bet considering that Mitchell did Teen Vogue and also worked with Beyoncé.

About the 30 years of Anna at Vogue, as I said before, everybody is responsible. From the previous creative directors and all (Mr Talley, I’m thinking about you).

But at this point, there’s no need to add more to the conversation. What we need is to see the impact of this and the inclusion of MORE TALENTED people at positions like that. We can’t change the past but we can do better in the future...

I find it quite hard to believe it went down like that, but let's leave it at that. And while I agree that we can't change the past, if we don't talk about the fact that in 30 years Anna Wintour hasn't had a black photographer shoot any cover, this will be just a blip in the radar and won't happen again for at least ten more. People tend to forget and forgive unless someone constantly reminds them. :smile:

imo they´re ok, nothing mindblowing... certainly not for us vogue september issue!

never understand why page number can be a selling point highlighted on the cover, ppl know those are all just useless ads that will become an over-weighted burden for readers

I find it quite hard to believe it went down like that, but let's leave it at that. And while I agree that we can't change the past, if we don't talk about the fact that in 30 years Anna Wintour hasn't had a black photographer shoot any cover, this will be just a blip in the radar and won't happen again for at least ten more. People tend to forget and forgive unless someone constantly reminds them. :smile:

Bingo.
The buck stops with Anna and Anna alone.
For the 30 years she's been at Vogue, she could have had any black photographer on the planet shoot any Vogue cover.
She didn't, and that's on her. Kudos to Beyonce for bring Vogue into the 21st century.

Exactly... Anna Wintour is the same woman who refuses to put any other black woman on her covers who are not Beyonce, Rihanna, Lupita or Serena but we're just expected to believe she/her team were the ones to suggest Tyler to Beyonce? Please. The proof is in the pudding. If you read that spin and thought it was true, I've got some beachfront property in Ohio to sell to you.

The first cover is absolutely glorious, B shines and it's the perfect September cover. A bit less impressed with the second, not a big fan of the styling, but the editorial has some gorgeous shots. And finally- a black photographer. Something we shouldn't have to celebrate in 2018, because it should be the most normal thing in the world, but sadly that is still not the case so- YES!

I love how three of the most influential and important women of pop are covering three Vogue editions this September. Now come on, Vogue Paris, give us our fourth!

The way everything's cropped really bothers me..

As for the people involved, I don't care.. starting with Anna, ending with Anna. Who buys magazines these days anyway..

I love how three of the most influential and important women of pop are covering three Vogue editions this September. Now come on, Vogue Paris, give us our fourth!
You know that Emmanuelle is going to give the cover to a model...
I’m ready for a model now. A bit tired of celebrities everywhere...

Far better than her last last cover. And what makes it even better is firstly the photographer and I love how she even wearing Grace Wales Bonner too. Keep shoving it in their face B.

Every time I see a giant floral headdress, I think Wilhelmina Cooper ca. 1964. It's kind of passé.
That being said, I like the first cover. The lighting is warm and the minimal make up is on point.
I don't expect more in a September cover than any other month. January should knock me out just as much.
It's a good first cover for Tyler, but the editorial is standard boring US Vogue output.
The September UK Vogue comparisons are inevitable.
I get no excitement from Beyoncé at all, but this is better than the Rihanna cover, imho.

Exactly... Anna Wintour is the same woman who refuses to put any other black woman on her covers who are not Beyonce, Rihanna, Lupita or Serena but we're just expected to believe she/her team were the ones to suggest Tyler to Beyonce? Please. The proof is in the pudding. If you read that spin and thought it was true, I've got some beachfront property in Ohio to sell to you.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

But Madonna’s VI cover is for August.

Congrats to Tyler, I love both covers and the ed. Not exactly an artistic highlight but very fresh for Vogue US. The problem for me is Beyonce herself, she's astounding on stage but in print always a bit underwhelming in terms of emoting. Such a strange dichotomy in charisma. Love the headpiece cover though, great work.

Might have to pick up both covers. Love the whimsy of the first one, the mood and movement of the second one. They feel both grounded and glamorous. Anna, if this is what you're about these days, don't leave us.

Wait??? Rihanna, Beyonce... and what’s the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->